• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"The CDC Didn't Change": Anythony Fauci defends flip-flop accusations after shifting mask guidance

You aren't even attempting to answer the question I asked. If you'd like to take another crack at it that's cool, otherwise it's probably time to move on.

I will never answer a question that you ask, so yeah, you should probably skedaddle.

No mask. To you need a mask and shutdowns. At least until we get the vaccine. Then no mask to you need a mask, but 2 are better.

But check the map for reds and greens to determine if you need a mask. Quick reference guide or something
Checking a map is only partially informative. Check with your local health department.. If you live in Florida, check with your doctor. The state government has been manipulating the numbers. Don't trust DeSantis.

If your unvaccinated, don't wear a mask and stay away from people, get sick and possibly die. It's happened to more than 4 million people. 650,000 of them right here in the US.

Returning us once again to the theme of Trump supporters who want to fashion themselves experts on the same level as Dr. Fauci or any other infectious disease expert.

You aren't.

I'm a huge fan of delusion in conservatives. Personally, I love what you're doing here. Huge fan. You're funny, you mock yourself unintentionally. It's fantastic. Others might not feel the same way. Few will read a post like yours and think, Yes, that's an intelligent set of opinions.
Maybe you could comment on the points of my post, which you seem to have purposely avoided.

You obviously did not listen to Dr. Fauci for the last few days. And I'll paraphrase:

"The science hasn't changed. The virus has changed. The science is evolving to keep up with new variants." Hate him if you want. The man knows what he's talking about.
Riiiiiight.....

The science isn't changing, it's evolving. 😂

4a5001b7beea096457f480c8808572428b-09-roll-safe.2x.h473.w710.jpg

What a bunch of BS.

I wouldn’t call this a flip flop. But I would say the writing is on the wall as far as how effective the current vaccines are against Delta.
Sure seems like an "abrupt reversal in policy" to me.

Sure seems like an "abrupt reversal in policy" to me.
It is. But if the vaccine is not as effective against Delta as was originally thought then it’s the right change. Not really the traditional use of “flip flop” but call it what you will.

It is. But if the vaccine is not as effective against Delta as was originally thought then it’s the right change. Not really the traditional use of “flip flop” but call it what you will.
The science was "wrong" - I put that in quotes because what we've had a lot of during this pandemic is so-called experts pretending to know a lot more than they actually do. Science is a process.

Scientists change recommendations based on changing information, I don't know why right wingers think this is wrong
I view this as a combination of,

a) most of the Right having an uncomfortable relationship with scientific truth

b) Dr. Fauci having an uncomfortable relationship with the communication of scientific truth.

I’ve been familiar with Fauci’s communications for about a decade before COVID and IMO he has always been something of a political animal. “Top infectious diseases expert” does not mean he actually knows the most information or did the best research himself. It means that like any large university President, research hospital CEO or national lab leader, he is politically and socially savvy and massages his scientific pronouncements through certain filters accordingly. I think this is fine under normal conditions and is common of any leader. In a pandemic, it can be more problematic. I am of the opinion that the CDC has not been at its historic best, nor shown bar-raising leadership or consistency, during COVID. Heck, as agencies go, I am FAR more impressed with NASA doing its job these past two years than I was with the CDC doing its.

I’ll leave it to others to decide whether that was due to Trump’s interference, Fauci’s
Vagaries, or some combination of both.

Last edited:

"Something has changed, and what has changed is the virus. The CDC hasn't changed, and the CDC hasn't really flip-flopped at all," Fauci said.

But no mask, and now mask! No mask, and now mask! Explain yourself, flip-flopping Faucist!

Alpha variant: no masks

Delta variant (with viral load 1,000 times higher than Alpha variant): please wear masks now.

Yikes. I guess I will stop pouting about Fauci and wear a mask then.

Dear Trumpers and other anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers:

SCIENCE IS NOT DOGMA, IT CHANGES WITH CHANGES IN REALITY
Try to get that through your skulls.

"The science hasn't changed. The virus has changed. The science is evolving to keep up with new variants." Hate him if you want. The man knows what he's talking about.

Some people think science is something you carve onto tablets, like the Ten Commandments, unchanging, eternal, immovable.
This is why they flunk science and become Trump supporters.

The Delta Variant at a rate of a 1000 time more infectious and filling the body with massive viral spread... is documented info. Anyone paying attention saw the deaths in India, and other localities around the world and they see the death and the rising number of people infected and hospitalized.

Those who have this delusion of superiority think that delusion will protect them, are as foolish as the conceptual delusion of superiority and fight against the vaccine. If the unvaccinated get infected, SEND THEM THE HOSPITAL BILL !!! One thing these type of people worship is "money"... then let their ignorance hit them in the pocket if it does not kill them.

Maybe if they are a home owners, make them bring their property info with them, so a lien can be slapped on the home if they die of COVID... If the home is forced into a situation, The hospital can extract the equity from it and use the money to reimburse the government for the expense of their media treatment. The result is to pay that equity, the property will likely require a 2nd mortgages to be taken out, and the result is, the remaining members in the home has a higher monthly payment. (it's assured when they have to reach in the pocket, then they will learn, that Freedom is a Responsibility!!!)

Those that don't have a home, then there has to be some means to attach the billing to them. If they survive, then give them 1000's of hours of community service, so they can serve the same communities they have damaged with their ignorance of carrying and potentially spreading the virus and causing extra expense to the hospital and the medial personnel.
Let them see their concept of delusions of what Freedom is, this is the way to help them learn Freedom is always about Responsibility, and for them that responsibility will be the labor of public service.

That means we can have millions of people out cleaning up cities across the country... and if they don't, then the assessed penalty can be incarceration if they fail to perform their community service in general public, then they can be given labor to do under the Prison system's guidance in areas that contribute something back to the community. (they cannot be used to service for profit business).

Every city can find many areas that need to be cleaned up.

The vaccination is free... but the cost of not being vaccinated and getting infected and going to the hospital results to cost the hospitals, so they must repay that expense.
Increase their medical insurance premiums by a substantial amount; to be reduced once they show proof of vaccination. They hate having to part with their cash! If I was entirely without ethical principles I would put the deliberately un-vaccinated at the bottom of the treatment list should they get sick. Teach the idiots a lesson in civic responsibility.

You aren't even attempting to answer the question I asked. If you'd like to take another crack at it that's cool, otherwise it's probably time to move on.

To answer your question, it obviously isn't very "rare and unusual." If it was, Fauci and friends wouldn't be reintroducing the extremely unpopular measure of wearing masks. I'm sure he didn't want to. Thanks!!

Riiiiiight.....

The science isn't changing, it's evolving. 😂

View attachment 67345189

What a bunch of BS.
That's what science does; it evolves-or should the Wright Brothers have clung to the accepted science that heavier than air powered flight was impossible, given up and returned to mending bicycles?

To answer your question, it obviously isn't very "rare and unusual." If it was, Fauci and friends wouldn't be reintroducing the extremely unpopular measure of wearing masks. I'm sure he didn't want to. Thanks!!
I share your distaste for phraseology like “rare and unusual” - if one is truly following the science and communicating the science, then share objective, quantitative facts, not subjective, qualitative opinions.

That's what science does; it evolves-or should the Wright Brothers have clung to the accepted science that heavier than air powered flight was impossible, given up and returned to mending bicycles?
Yes, scientific conclusions do take a certain amount of "evolution." The problem we're facing, is being kept up to date regarding that "evolution." You see, the Wright Brothers weren't in charge of Boeing. The only ones they were risking were essentially themselves and maybe the cows they were flying over. Here in the States, we're having a little problem with Fauci and friends, because even laypeople understood - at least six weeks ago - that the virus was blowing through double vaccinated recipients. That meant, it could spread. So all those snifflers in the supermarket were putting everybody - vaccinated and unvaccinated - at risk. But nobody wanted to broach the mask subject, because it's politically so unpopular. Regardless, finally, it's masks on, because they've run out of options. I'm all for wearing masks. Thanks!!

Why lie?

The best way to get these idiots to take a vaccine is to have someone like Benny Hinn slap them on their foreheads and say, "Devil BEGONE!" while a healthcare professional quietly vaccinates them from the side.

These television preachers respond to money. We should just pay them to spread a pro-vaccine message.

Dear Trumpers and other anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers:

SCIENCE IS NOT DOGMA, IT CHANGES WITH CHANGES IN REALITY
Try to get that through your skulls.
Glad you're on board. Maybe you can convince Fauci? :)

Well, that takes a bit of history. I can only relay what I perceive to have happened. Obviously the CDC and Fauci are two very separate entities. But what they do have in common is who funds them. And who funds them is the taxpayers, and, well, borrowed money from everywhere. I suspect that Fauci was pretty nervous about his position under Trump. I think it's possible that Trump - who was already at odds with China - was not happy about Fauci's reluctance to point the finger at Wuhan. And NOW, of course, we know why, which is that Fauci had backed Wuhan with funding. Anyway, there was a lot of friction there. When Biden was elected, Fauci probably breathed a sigh of relief and was more than happy to cozy up and support Biden's efforts to "vaccinate everybody," despite what he probably kinda knew about its long term efficacy. And Biden was more than happy to be buddies, thinking that he would go down in history as the great covid eradicator. Unfortunately, the vaccination plan isn't going so well - not because people aren't getting vaccinated - but because the virus almost IMMEDIATELY started outwitting Fauci , the government supported CDC, and by default, Biden. It was blowing though vaccinations. And they were expensive. But, nobody really wanted to admit that, because it made them look a little incompetent in front of 330 plus million people. SO, that's why he lied, or for to those of his fans, "softpeddled" the truth. Thanks!!

Wrong. How many are dying in this so called surge?

The surge in cases started about 2 weeks ago, and death rates trail case rates by about 2-3 weeks. The death rate is already up 30% from its low point 3 weeks ago.

So the answer is: we'll see.

Well, that takes a bit of history. I can only relay what I perceive to have happened. Obviously the CDC and Fauci are two very separate entities. But what they do have in common is who funds them. And who funds them is the taxpayers, and, well, borrowed money from everywhere. I suspect that Fauci was pretty nervous about his position under Trump. I think it's possible that Trump - who was already at odds with China - was not happy about Fauci's reluctance to point the finger at Wuhan. And NOW, of course, we know why, which is that Fauci had backed Wuhan with funding. Anyway, there was a lot of friction there. When Biden was elected, Fauci probably breathed a sigh of relief and was more than happy to cozy up and support Biden's efforts to "vaccinate everybody," despite what he probably kinda knew about its long term efficacy. And Biden was more than happy to be buddies, thinking that he would go down in history as the great covid eradicator. Unfortunately, the vaccination plan isn't going so well - not because people aren't getting vaccinated - but because the virus almost IMMEDIATELY started outwitting Fauci , the government supported CDC, and by default, Biden. It was blowing though vaccinations. And they were expensive. But, nobody really wanted to admit that, because it made them look a little incompetent in front of 330 plus million people. SO, that's why he lied, or for to those of his fans, "softpeddled" the truth. Thanks!!
I'd agree with this, or some form of it. The scary part is then it almost sounds like 100% of the population being infected at some point or another is inevitable.

Back
Top Bottom