• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Cause of 9/11

Originally posted by TimmyBoy:
This accurately reflects the mentality of the US government, that might makes right. Bin Laden stated candidly why the US was attacked with such a spectacular and devestating effect. He stated that he was talking to the US in the only language it understands, the language of force, the langugage of violence, the langauge of might makes right. I certainly don't believe in the philosophy of might makes right, but unfortunately, this is the mentality that the US government practices in both domestic and foreign policy. The reason why the US was attacked by terrorists on September 11, was because the US, in the past, had engaged in much worse behavior than those people who launched the terrorist attacks of September 11. People do not get up one morning, eat rice krispies and decide for no reason at all to dedicate years of planning and dedication towards making an event like September 11 a reality. Basically, Bin Laden had learned from the example of the US government and the consequences for American citizens has been severe. The US certainly wasn't attacked because they "hate our freedom." This is simply untrue. The behavior of the government in the past brought as well as training terrorists, had brought such an attack on itself, as well as it's own citizens and could have been avoided by simply sticking to sound moral principles in the past rather than the philosophy of might makes right.
This is so obvious, I don't understand how more people can't see it. Other nations can see this, then they see the American people doing nothing to stop it, it's no wonder were so hated.

Do me a favor. Sum up what the whole point of that speech is in a sentence.

Let me say this, I didn't read anyones reply to this, so if i'm repeatin something sorry.

We are involved in this so called "War on Terror" b/c of no other reason than greed. Terrorists have been around as long as there have been gov't set in place. We are involved in countries that we never should have entered, our gov't is trying to put a quick fix on war and hatred that is thousands of years old. We have had something like 9/11 coming to us for quite some time now. We as a country are just lucky it hasn't happened more often. I believe the quote that fits this whole "power-war" best is : "Beware of foreign entanglements."
We are over here in our own hemisphere, why not use it to our advantage. Let them fight there religious wars. When they step to us, we're always ready.

Originally posted by assassinatedpres20:

Let me say this, I didn't read anyones reply to this, so if i'm repeatin something sorry.

We are involved in this so called "War on Terror" b/c of no other reason than greed. Terrorists have been around as long as there have been gov't set in place. We are involved in countries that we never should have entered, our gov't is trying to put a quick fix on war and hatred that is thousands of years old. We have had something like 9/11 coming to us for quite some time now. We as a country are just lucky it hasn't happened more often. I believe the quote that fits this whole "power-war" best is : "Beware of foreign entanglements."
We are over here in our own hemisphere, why not use it to our advantage. Let them fight there religious wars. When they step to us, we're always ready.
There is truth to what you say.

Welcome to debate politics.

assassinatedpres20 said:

Why don't you move to Canada? They're waiting for you there cuz you aint welcome here.

Originally Posted by Trajan Octavian Titus:
Get back in your cage before I take your Ivory tusks and sell them to a Chinese alternative medicine shop . . . god damn walrus's don't know their place.
Mean Mr. Mustard

That's it, I'm welding the doors on the yellow submarine shut and torpedoing that ****.
In your case, I assume that sub is a boomer!

Oh that was just bad I award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul
I can do better Mr. TOT, no really, I can, like that train that could, I'll do better Mr. TOT, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.......

Billo_Really said:
I can do better Mr. TOT, no really, I can, like that train that could, I'll do better Mr. TOT, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.......

I just figured out something the initials TOT,

and they call me tater,

they call me tater TOT

lmfao

now will someone please hit me in the head with a tack hammer because I am a ****ing retard.

I just figured out something the initials TOT,

and they call me tater,

they call me tater TOT

lmfao

now will someone please hit me in the head with a tack hammer because I am a ****ing retard.
Boooooooonnnnnnnnng! Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Billo_Really said:
The problem with Gunny's synopsis is that he stops short of the root causes.
Maybe you've missed a post or two. I think he is quite clear on this. As I was long ago on this site. Before Gunny showed up. He pretty much speaks my mind leaving me to less constructive rants and being generaly annoying. But let me go over it again. Gunny calls them "the House of Saud". I call them "the ruling rich Arabs".
I badger gunny sometimes that the one of us who puts this into the fewest words wins. Akyron currently holds the belt. Let me try again.
The ruling rich Arabs use religion and information control to deflect thier peoples anger over their plight away from them and onto us. That, sir, is the cause of 9/11. Questions?
But were certainly not a country that has a halo over its head.
Because of the past Billo. Funny thing about America, we find a way to get better. At what point are the sins of the fathers outweighed by our recent deeds?
What we have done down in South America is a good example of our dark side. We put up the Shah in Iran. And that f_cker was an asshole.
Case in point. The Shah was a dick. But sometimes you DO have to pick the lesser of two evils. Take Pakistan. To my knowledge Musharaf is not the greatest guy. But consider the alternative there. Do we want a Islamic theocracy with nukes?
All I'm saying is that we should realize that we shouldn't be casting any stones with our track record.
Weve grow up as a nation Billo. Let go some of that guilt.
But Gunny is right about all the good we have done around the world. This is a good country when we do what is right. But throwing our weight around the world is not right. It is very wrong.
I'm sure the Iraqi women would disaggre with you. You should know by now how I feel about that one. Free the Women!
As an example, many have said we invaded Iraq to bring democracy to that part of the world. But that's not what were getting. Not with the Shia's. Iraq is going to whind up an Islamic goverment with close ties to Iran. So much for democracy and our invasion.
So far as I understand it veto powers by any sector, (Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds), are well in place. (Read their constitution). Quite clever, from what I've seen. So we have your prediction in vagues memory. I say it won't be so. Let's see who's right.

Originally posted by teacher:
So far as I understand it veto powers by any sector, (Sunnis, Shiites, and Kurds), are well in place. (Read their constitution). Quite clever, from what I've seen. So we have your prediction in vagues memory. I say it won't be so. Let's see who's right.
I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Back
Top Bottom