• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Catholic Church and illogical comparisons

The Pope is not the mediator between God and Man, Jesus is, the priests have no power to forgive sins, you cannot baptize infants because they are too young to choose to follow Jesus, Mary needed Jesus as her own savior and called him so, no work we do can possibly get us into heaven because one sin keeps us out and only innocent sacrifices cover sins, and Jesus paid the price for all. Paul wrote to Rome and was the Apostle of the Gentiles while Peter was the Apostle to the Jews. God is the only Father and no other man is to be called by that title. There is only one name under heaven whereby men shall be saved and that's Jesus, not Mary. And the saints are the Body of Christ and all the prophets, not random people chosen by humans based on human standards.

And to top it all off, there are no- I repeat, no- magical invisible deities in the sky. Or under the ground. Or in my refrigerator. Or anywhere in the universe.
There.
Together, Southern Belle and I have singlehandedly dispelled the religious mythos of the ages.

/ high five. :peace

Back
Top Bottom