• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Case for the Nuclear Option

Should Nuclear Weapons be an Option in Ukraine Struggle

• Nuclear weapon use should be threatened as a bluff but not used

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Being “excited” is not an excuse for being ignorant.

Ignorant? The excitement is based on things that actually happened, things that had real strategic consequences. For instance, the Russian army had to retreat from the North. So I don’t know why you are saying people are ignorant.

Ignorant? The excitement is based on things that actually happened, things that had real strategic consequences. For instance, the Russian army had to retreat from the North. So I don’t know why you are saying people are ignorant.

Assuming we could just roll in and start bombing the Russians without the massive risk of global thermonuclear war is laughably ignorant.

Yes, and they are still grinding forward in the south and East.

Assuming we could just roll in and start bombing the Russians without the massive risk of global thermonuclear war is laughably ignorant.

I did not suggest otherwise.

Yes, and they are still grinding forward in the south and East.

It's true that Ukraine has remarkable success thus far, and also true that Russia is grinding forward in the South and East, with grinding being the operative word. We are likely to see a long war of attrition. Yes, Ukraine faces enormous odds. But Ukraine doesn't have to beat Russia in order to win, it need only survive. Ukraine wins by not giving up.

I did not suggest otherwise.

It's true that Ukraine has remarkable success thus far, and also true that Russia is grinding forward in the South and East, with grinding being the operative word. We are likely to see a long war of attrition. Yes, Ukraine faces enormous odds. But Ukraine doesn't have to beat Russia in order to win, it need only survive. Ukraine wins by not giving up.

Numerous posters here have.

We’ll see. As I said before, the war’s far from over.

Numerous posters here have.

We’ll see. As I said before, the war’s far from over.

Yes, the war is from from over.

Also, the Ukrainians have had remarkable success thus far.

Both things are true.

Back
Top Bottom