• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The caravan invasion: crickets from Trump and Fox since the invasion

ataraxia

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Call in the army! The tanks! The heavy artillery! Grab yer shotguns! The scary caravan is coming to invade! Take away your jobs! Your women! Clutch your pearl necklaces! ...

But now, ever since the election... crickets on the issue. It’s back to the old usual suspects: The media. You always s gotta have someone to be afraid of. But as far as the caravan, they are not as useful to use to fearmonger now. The election is over.

Trump supporters are being used like a stupid angry bull at the rodeo. Trump just waves the fearmongering red velvet cape in different corners of the ring to get them to angrily charge in any direction he wants. And charge they will... angry, furious, outraged... to their own demise if need be.

Sad.

Cuomo: Crickets from Trump on migrant caravan - CNN Video

I've been seeing this talking point all day long. You do know we JUST had an election right? And everyone is focused on that atm? At least wait until the the election hubbub dies down before attempting to cry foul. :roll:

Call in the army! The tanks! The heavy artillery! Grab yer shotguns! The scary caravan is coming to invade! Take away your jobs! Your women! Clutch your pearl necklaces! ...

But now, ever since the election... crickets on the issue. It’s back to the old usual suspects: The media. You always s gotta have someone to be afraid of. But as far as the caravan, they are not as useful to use to fearmonger now. The election is over.

Trump supporters are being used like a stupid angry bull at the rodeo. Trump just waves the fearmongering red velvet cape in different corners of the ring to get them to angrily charge in any direction he wants. And charge they will... angry, furious, outraged... to their own demise if need be.

Sad.

They reported on it last night.

They are staying in a sports stadium 800 miles away and have reached out to the UN to provide buses to them.

Trump is changing our policy to them only being able to seek asylum at a point of entry

We currently have a backlog in the courts of 200k which is about a 7 month wait.

They are trying to figure out what to do with the next wave of applicants when they arrive because the detention centers are already at capacity

There's a 2nd wave of 4500 coming too

Anything else you would like to know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Sad.

Well, they "believe" they got the results they want from the election, so the scare tactics are no longer needed.

Trump wastes no time. He can do this because his supporters have the memory of a goldfish, so you don’t want to waste any time. Not even a full day since the election, and already Sessions is gone, and the caravan is no longer a big issue. It went from crisis to back burner that fast. It’s back to the media being the crisis now.

Please. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time

Sad.

I know. Weird right? The guy isnt holding big rallies anymore either. Its like he just suddenly stopped campaigning for some reason.

Trump wastes no time. He can do this because his supporters have the memory of a goldfish, so you don’t want to waste any time. Not even a full day since the election, and already Sessions is gone, and the caravan is no longer a big issue. It went from crisis to back burner that fast. It’s back to the media being the crisis now.

Please. You can fool all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time

You seem to get fooled by CNN every day. So, so much for your theory.

I know. Weird right? The guy isnt holding big rallies anymore either. Its like he just suddenly stopped campaigning for some reason.

So the invasion was just election fluff?

So you mean all that invasion threats and fearmongering was just lying to stir up ignorant people? It’s OK to lie to people‘s faces during a campaign?

Sad.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrant-...as-trump-administration-tightens-asylum-rules
https://www.foxnews.com/world/migrants-decide-to-depart-mexico-city-with-or-without-buses
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/illegal-border-crossers-now-ineligible-for-asylum-white-house-says

Just the last 24 hours. Trump may not have talked about it the last 24 hours, but he ordered a change in the policy to try and stop them.

“Our asylum system is overwhelmed with too many meritless asylum claims from aliens who place a tremendous burden on our resources, preventing us from being able to expeditiously grant asylum to those who truly deserve it,” Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen and Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker said in a joint statement. “Today, we are using the authority granted to us by Congress to bar aliens who violate (the new rules).”

Thursday's announcement follows several other steps taken by the administration to halt the caravan, which Trump described as an "invasion" of the country.

The Pentagon mobilized more than 7,000 active-duty military troops, who started laying miles of concertina wire along portions of the border. U.S. Customs and Border Protection repositioned its agents from throughout the country to line the southern border to prevent illegal entries.

Donald paid some lip service to the "Caravan" this morning in the lawn press gaggle, but only in the context of Immigration policy.

One of Donald's many flaws is that he does not understand that in Federal Government, the administration proposes and the Legislature disposes. He "proposes" the way he negotiates with a plumbing contractor. He starts way over here proposing a contract that would suit the way he does business which leaves the Legislature nowhere to go.

I very much suspect that the next Congress will pass Bills out of the House that make sense for the American people, ALL of the American people, surely the majority of the American people and force the Senate to negotiate in reconciliation or face the voters in two years when the Senate map flips and Senate Republicans find themselves fighting the same tough Senate map Dems faced this election. The result will be Legislation dropped on Trump's desk for his signature and he either signs it or he doesn't. Thats the process.

This last election starts the process of unraveling at least some Republicans from Trump. The Trump "advantage" got slapped down big time and everybody knows it. They won't leave him for ideology or taxes or anything other than to save their own skins.

Election is over, didn’t your mommy tell you,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't you mean the media and the left has forgotten about these people they don't care about, since the election?

Do you actually think troops are there to line up on the border and shoot people? Asinine thinking.

Why did the left and media, sorry to be redundant, give up on all of Kavanaugh's accusers after he was confirmed? Because the left blows stuff up for political gain, then when it no longer serves a purpose for them they forget about it.

Don't you mean the media and the left has forgotten about these people they don't care about, since the election?

Do you actually think troops are there to line up on the border and shoot people? Asinine thinking.

Do you think they are there to confront an "Invasion"?

So you mean all that invasion threats and fearmongering was just lying to stir up ignorant people? It’s OK to lie to people‘s faces during a campaign?

The military is there now, no more need to worry, their putting the illegals up some nice free camping sites they can stay in until they get their decision from the court. Looks like Trump is the only politician actually doing anything to fix the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I sure don't.

So let me try a few more:
- an infestation?
- that tiny % of MS-13 members that can actually get here far easier than walking hundreds of miles?
- a plague?
- smallpox?
- maybe locusts?(surprised Donald has not tried that one yet)

So let me try a few more:
- an infestation?
- that tiny % of MS-13 members that can actually get here far easier than walking hundreds of miles?
- a plague?
- smallpox?
- maybe locusts?(surprised Donald has not tried that one yet)

And then...

They reported on it last night.

They are staying in a sports stadium 800 miles away and have reached out to the UN to provide buses to them.

Trump is changing our policy to them only being able to seek asylum at a point of entry

We currently have a backlog in the courts of 200k which is about a 7 month wait.

They are trying to figure out what to do with the next wave of applicants when they arrive because the detention centers are already at capacity

There's a 2nd wave of 4500 coming too

Anything else you would like to know?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk
If Fox still hammering away about the caravan?

Sad.

Trump obviously believes the numerous studies published in peer reviewed journals:

Research Finds That Racism, Sexism, and Status Fears Drove Trump Voters

And thus ran a campaign designed to scare cowardly racists. The only reason I can think of for him to do that is because he considers his base to be largely composed of cowardly racists.

Now that the election is over, there is no need to scare the cowards. Now he will be their saviour, and protect them from the bogeyman.

I've been seeing this talking point all day long. You do know we JUST had an election right? And everyone is focused on that atm? At least wait until the the election hubbub dies down before attempting to cry foul. :roll:

Kal, Trump specifically centered his campaign around racism and fear. IMO he believed the studies:

and thus ran a campaign designed to get cowardly racists to the voting booths. Why else would he have run a racist, fearful, campaign if he didn't think it would energize his base?

I just had to comment on your signature, it really sums up Trump, Cruz and so many other spineless Repubs.

The only stiff bone in Ted Cruz's body belongs to Trump

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Boy I have to explain everything to you liberals. He talked about the caravan every day during the campaign because he was out talking every day. Now that the campaign is over there are lots of things he isnt talking about because he isnt out there talking. Plus, his actions have stopped the caravan dead in its tracks, so until something new happens, there is really nothing to talk about at the moment.

Kal, Trump specifically centered his campaign around racism and fear. IMO he believed the studies:

and thus ran a campaign designed to get cowardly racists to the voting booths. Why else would he have run a racist, fearful, campaign if he didn't think it would energize his base?

You keep spamming this site with this same garbage hoping that repeating this lie will make it come true. It wont. Your 'study' is crap. And your interpretation of it is even worse.

Back
Top Bottom