• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Capitol Numbers Game

Ouroboros

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Has anyone seen reliable data on:

(1) How many people, whether genuine Trump supporters or not, gathered to hear Trump’s speech Jan 6,

(2) How many people stormed the Capitol. One poster here recently claimed it was “thousands.” (I doubt the building would still be intact if that number was correct.)

I think it's fair to say that thousands at least stormed beyond the Capitol barricades on the 6th. As to how many actually made it inside? I don't think anybody knows, but into the several hundreds at least. When you consider all of the videos of people coming in and clashing with police at a variety of entrances, that much is clear.

I understand the rally was originally permitted for 10,000 but the estimate later grew to 30,000 due to far more people showing up than originally expected. 30,000 seems like a reasonable number from some of the photos I saw.

Unsure about the Capital Building. I would imagine somewhere in on the order of ~ 1,500 past the barricades and perhaps ~ 300 inside the building? Just guesses though.

Back
Top Bottom