• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Buffoon Goes There

We're talking past each other.
I'm talking about recovering or disclosing from a hacker what Hillary decided to call NOT work-related emails and thus she deleted them.
That's where the interest is.
Everything you've posted refers to "work-related emails".

The deleted "non-work" related emails are still in the custody of the FBI. If you had read the article you would know that.

The deleted "non-work" related emails are still in the custody of the FBI. If you had read the article you would know that.

I read it. Didn't see the FBI declaring they have restored Hillary's deleted personal emails or that they could or would. You didn't quote anything that said it did and now the page is gone.

I read it. Didn't see the FBI declaring they have restored Hillary's deleted personal emails or that they could or would. You didn't quote anything that said it did and now the page is gone.

Apparently the link expired for some reason...so if the link below doesn't work again...you can Google the headline (in bold) and link to it from there.

FBI to Turn Over Recovered Clinton Work Emails to State Department

"...The Federal Bureau of Investigation will turn over to the State Department all the work-related emails from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that it found during the investigation, an official with the FBI said Wednesday.

The decision by the FBI to give the records to the State Department means that the public may ultimately get access to a new batch of several thousand work-related emails that were lost or deleted by Mrs. Clinton or her attorneys.....

As part of its investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email practices, the FBI found several thousand work emails that were not turned over by Mrs. Clinton to the State Department.

Some of those emails were recovered as part of an FBI forensic data recovery effort on her servers and mobile devices, while others were discovered in the email archives of other government officials.

The FBI said they found no indication that emails were deleted maliciously...."

FBI to Turn Over Recovered Clinton Work Emails to State Department - Washington Wire - WSJ

Apparently the link expired for some reason...so if the link below doesn't work again...you can Google the headline (in bold) and link to it from there.

"...The Federal Bureau of Investigation will turn over to the State Department all the work-related emails from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton that it found during the investigation, an official with the FBI said Wednesday.

The decision by the FBI to give the records to the State Department means that the public may ultimately get access to a new batch of several thousand work-related emails that were lost or deleted by Mrs. Clinton or her attorneys.....

As part of its investigation into Mrs. Clinton’s email practices, the FBI found several thousand work emails that were not turned over by Mrs. Clinton to the State Department.

Some of those emails were recovered as part of an FBI forensic data recovery effort on her servers and mobile devices, while others were discovered in the email archives of other government officials.

FBI to Turn Over Recovered Clinton Work Emails to State Department - Washington Wire - WSJ

Yes ... work related emails. Not personal emails. What am I missing?

"Mrs. Clinton turned over approximately 30,000 emails to the State Department, while deleting another 30,000 that her attorneys said were personal."

Yes ... work related emails. Not personal emails. What am I missing?

The personal emails are still in the custody of the FBI. It was the FBI that recovered the deleted emails and sorted through them to determine if they were work related or private before turning them over to the SD. Her personal emails are private and protected under the fourth amendment....so you are never going to see those.

The only way a hacker could get her private emails would be to steal them from the FBI.

You must've come real late to the party, bub... because Comey talked about recovering the deleted emails in his speech and there are plenty of threads about it.

Last edited:

Hillary deleted two batches of emails then?

I know she deleted one batch of emails before she turned over anything to anyone. I do believe that these were claimed to not be work related, but since no one has ever seen them, as least in any official capacity, we'll never know, unless someone has a copy of them they'll lend the FBI for investigation.

Now you are saying that she deleted other non-work emails, which the FBI recovered?

"The decision by the FBI to give the records to the State Department means that the public may ultimately get access to a new batch of several thousand work-related emails that were lost or deleted by Mrs. Clinton or her attorneys....."

According to the FBI testimony, they didn't recover more than a few handfuls of deleted email fragments, which they had difficulty in assembling into coherent emails again.

No, I think you've got this one wrong there Moot.

"The decision by the FBI to give the records to the State Department means that the public may ultimately get access to a new batch of several thousand work-related emails that were lost or deleted by Mrs. Clinton or her attorneys....."

According to the FBI testimony, they didn't recover more than a few handfuls of deleted email fragments, which they had difficulty in assembling into coherent emails again.

No, I think you've got this one wrong there Moot.

I'm pretty sure they found more a few handfuls...eohrnberger.

From the WSJ article....

"....the FBI found several thousand work emails that were not turned over by Mrs. Clinton to the State Department..."​

Hillary deleted two batches of emails then?

I know she deleted one batch of emails before she turned over anything to anyone. I do believe that these were claimed to not be work related, but since no one has ever seen them, as least in any official capacity, we'll never know, unless someone has a copy of them they'll lend the FBI for investigation.

Now you are saying that she deleted other non-work emails, which the FBI recovered?

I can't tell if you're just being willfully ignorant...or totally clueless, eohrnberger. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume it's the latter...

"...According to Mrs. Clinton, she sent or received 62,320 emails during her time as secretary of state. She, or her lawyers, have determined about half of those - 30,490, roughly 55,000 pages, were official and have been turned over to the State Department.

Mrs. Clinton said the other emails are private - relating to topics like her daughter's wedding, her mother's funeral and "yoga routines".

On Hillary Clinton's request, the State Department released the first set of emails sent on her private account in May, with many relating to the 2012 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi,.

In early August, she signed an affidavit swearing she had turned over all copies of government records from her time in office.

The FBI found "several thousand" work-related emails that were not turned over to the State Department, although it concluded that the emails were deleted prior to 2014 and were not intentionally removed "in an effort to conceal them"..."​

Hillary Clinton's 'emailgate' diced and sliced - BBC News

So out of the roughtly 32,000 deleted personal emails....the FBI found "several thousand" that were work releated. Capiche?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure they found more a few handfuls...eohrnberger.

From the WSJ article....

"....the FBI found several thousand work emails that were not turned over by Mrs. Clinton to the State Department..."

I do believe that these are the so called 'private' emails which weren't deleted, but were turned over by Clinton to State, which then found their way to the FBI for examination. I take it that amung those emails, several thousand were found to be work related, so they weren't 'private' emails as first claimed by Hillary to only contained 'private' non-work related emails. Right?

I can't tell if you're just being willfully ignorant...or totally clueless, eohrnberger. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume it's the latter...

"...According to Mrs. Clinton, she sent or received 62,320 emails during her time as secretary of state. She, or her lawyers, have determined about half of those - 30,490, roughly 55,000 pages, were official and have been turned over to the State Department.

Mrs. Clinton said the other emails are private - relating to topics like her daughter's wedding, her mother's funeral and "yoga routines".

On Hillary Clinton's request, the State Department released the first set of emails sent on her private account in May, with many relating to the 2012 attack on the US consulate in Benghazi,.

In early August, she signed an affidavit swearing she had turned over all copies of government records from her time in office.

The FBI found "several thousand" work-related emails that were not turned over to the State Department, although it concluded that the emails were deleted prior to 2014 and were not intentionally removed "in an effort to conceal them"..."​

Hillary Clinton's 'emailgate' diced and sliced - BBC News

So out of the roughtly 32,000 deleted personal emails....the FBI found "several thousand" that were work releated. Capiche?

OK. Fair enough. Didn't have time to read the WSJ article, and what was posted didn't map to what I remembered of the timeline.

So, State released the emails from Hillary's private email account, the ones she swore were all private, and it turns out that several thousands were in fact work related, based on the FBI review of them.
(I did get this right?)

I do believe that these are the so called 'private' emails which weren't deleted, but were turned over by Clinton to State, which then found their way to the FBI for examination. I take it that amung those emails, several thousand were found to be work related, so they weren't 'private' emails as first claimed by Hillary to only contained 'private' non-work related emails. Right?

OK. Fair enough. Didn't have time to read the WSJ article, and what was posted didn't map to what I remembered of the timeline.

So, State released the emails from Hillary's private email account, the ones she swore were all private, and it turns out that several thousands were in fact work related, based on the FBI review of them.
(I did get this right?)

<sigh> Hillary had her lawyers go through all 62,000 of her emails and determine what was work related and what was private. The lawyers found roughly 30,000 work related emails and deleted roughly 32,000 private emails. The 30,000 work related emails were turned over to the State Department in 2014 in paper form resulting in 55,000 pages.

The State Department then publically started releasing the 30,000 work related emails (55,000 pages) in batches on their website in January and February 2015. Later...during the FBI investigation, they recovered approximately 32,000 of her deleted private emails on a back up server and found among them several thousand work related emails...and it is those emails that the FBI turned over to the SD in July 2016...and should soon be released to the public.

Last edited:
<sigh> Hillary had her lawyers go through all 62,000 of her emails and determine what was work related and what was private. The lawyers found roughly 30,000 work related emails and deleted roughly 32,000 private emails. The 30,000 work related emails were turned over to the State Department in 2014 in paper form resulting in 55,000 pages.

The State Department then publically started releasing the 30,000 work related emails (55,000 pages) in batches on their website in January and February 2015. Later...during the FBI investigation, they recovered approximately 32,000 of her deleted private emails on a back up server and found among them several thousand work related emails...and it is those emails that the FBI turned over to the SD in July 2016...and should soon be released to the public.

Exactly as I thought.

So when Hillary stated, under oath even I believe, that the 32,000 of her deleted private emails were all private, this wasn't accurate, as the FBI found some 'several thousands' or work related emails in there.

OK. Just as long as that's clear, and we both agree. ;)

The personal emails are still in the custody of the FBI. It was the FBI that recovered the deleted emails and sorted through them to determine if they were work related or private before turning them over to the SD. Her personal emails are private and protected under the fourth amendment....so you are never going to see those.

The only way a hacker could get her private emails would be to steal them from the FBI.

You must've come real late to the party, bub... because Comey talked about recovering the deleted emails in his speech and there are plenty of threads about it.

Not the personal emails.
Where are you getting this stuff, Moot?
Moot, I think your confusion is that the FBI said they recovered some work related emails that were deleted prior to this kerfuffle.
Nowhere did I see anything that said the FBI had recovered all the personal emails that Hillary had deleted.
If you have a link that clearly says that I'd love to see it.

A hacker could have gotten her emails before she deleted them only a couple of years ago when the FBI got the emails.

Bull crap. Did they or did they not repeatedly call for locking up Hillary at the RNC? You're argument is full of holes.

They did. But now you are deflecting with another irrational argument.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not the personal emails.
Where are you getting this stuff, Moot?
Moot, I think your confusion is that the FBI said they recovered some work related emails that were deleted prior to this kerfuffle.
Nowhere did I see anything that said the FBI had recovered all the personal emails that Hillary had deleted.
If you have a link that clearly says that I'd love to see it.

A hacker could have gotten her emails before she deleted them only a couple of years ago when the FBI got the emails.

Your opinion seems to largely based on "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

The FBI seems to have recovered "most" of her deleted personal and work related emails...

FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server

"...The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation...."
FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server - Bloomberg Politics

'...Investigators with the FBI have recovered a trove of personal and work-related Hillary Clinton emails that had been thought to have been deleted and lost from a private computer server, one source familiar with the investigation tells NPR's Carrie Johnson...."
FBI Investigators Recover Clinton Emails Thought To Have Been Lost : The Two-Way : NPR

Comey also mentioned that the FBI had recovered her deleted personal emails in his speech....

"...The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

This helped us recover work-related e-mails that were not among the 30,000 produced to State. Still others we recovered from the laborious review of the millions of e-mail fragments dumped into the slack space of the server decommissioned in 2013.

With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received, one at the Secret level and two at the Confidential level. There were no additional Top Secret e-mails found. Finally, none of those we found have since been “up-classified.”

I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them. Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed. Because she was not using a government account—or even a commercial account like Gmail—there was no archiving at all of her e-mails, so it is not surprising that we discovered e-mails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 e-mails to the State Department..."
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

The FBI didn't find any evidence that her server was hacked, bubba. So it will be interesting to see what Assange really has, if anything worth leaking...or if he's just blowing smoke.

Your opinion seems to largely based on "coulda, woulda, shoulda."

The FBI seems to have recovered "most" of her deleted personal and work related emails...

FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server

"...The FBI has recovered personal and work-related e-mails from the private computer server used by Hillary Clinton during her time as secretary of state, according to a person familiar with the investigation...."
FBI Said to Recover Personal E-Mails From Hillary Clinton Server - Bloomberg Politics

'...Investigators with the FBI have recovered a trove of personal and work-related Hillary Clinton emails that had been thought to have been deleted and lost from a private computer server, one source familiar with the investigation tells NPR's Carrie Johnson...."
FBI Investigators Recover Clinton Emails Thought To Have Been Lost : The Two-Way : NPR

Comey also mentioned that the FBI had recovered her deleted personal emails in his speech....

"...The FBI also discovered several thousand work-related e-mails that were not in the group of 30,000 that were returned by Secretary Clinton to State in 2014. We found those additional e-mails in a variety of ways. Some had been deleted over the years and we found traces of them on devices that supported or were connected to the private e-mail domain. Others we found by reviewing the archived government e-mail accounts of people who had been government employees at the same time as Secretary Clinton, including high-ranking officials at other agencies, people with whom a Secretary of State might naturally correspond.

This helped us recover work-related e-mails that were not among the 30,000 produced to State. Still others we recovered from the laborious review of the millions of e-mail fragments dumped into the slack space of the server decommissioned in 2013.

With respect to the thousands of e-mails we found that were not among those produced to State, agencies have concluded that three of those were classified at the time they were sent or received, one at the Secret level and two at the Confidential level. There were no additional Top Secret e-mails found. Finally, none of those we found have since been “up-classified.”

I should add here that we found no evidence that any of the additional work-related e-mails were intentionally deleted in an effort to conceal them. Our assessment is that, like many e-mail users, Secretary Clinton periodically deleted e-mails or e-mails were purged from the system when devices were changed. Because she was not using a government account—or even a commercial account like Gmail—there was no archiving at all of her e-mails, so it is not surprising that we discovered e-mails that were not on Secretary Clinton’s system in 2014, when she produced the 30,000 e-mails to the State Department..."
https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/p...-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

The FBI didn't find any evidence that her server was hacked, bubba. So it will be interesting to see what Assange really has, if anything worth leaking...or if he's just blowing smoke.

Are you trying to wear me out, Moot?

Comey was specifically talking about finding work-related emails in bits and pieces or sent to & from someone else's account.
You appear to have jumped to the conclusion that if they recovered those then they also had to have recovered the personal emails she said were "deleted".
Is that it?
You can't draw that conclusion.
He never said "yeah, we recovered all of both the personal and work emails.
Didn't happen.

And your first link seems to reinforce that they may have been wiped from the server ... remember when she was asked and replied "You mean with a cloth or something?".
Yeah, that was special ... has a life of it's own.

I'm amazed that anyone would consider "the buffoon" specific enough for people to have a clue who it might be.

Potential buffoons in the political environment?

President Barack Obama. Greats a head of state and can't pronounce his name. Visits all 57 states in the U.S. Says, "I don't know what happened but the cop was wrong."

Sen. Al Gore. Let's face it, he was born a buffoon. Tried to add a tax to your phone bill as Vice President and it took the Supreme Court to tell him that only Congress could levy federal taxes.

Sen. Hillary Clinton. Insists the Director of the FBI said she was innocent when he insists she was lying. When asked if she tells the truth she said, "I try to." Sadly, she always fails.

Rep. Hank Johnson. Old Hank was the one who asked if adding a few marines to Guam would make it tip over and sink.

Sen. Harry Reid. When asked if he regretted lying about Gov. Romney responded with, "Why? He didn't win, did he?"

I'm amazed that anyone would consider "the buffoon" specific enough for people to have a clue who it might be.

Potential buffoons in the political environment?

President Barack Obama. Greats a head of state and can't pronounce his name. Visits all 57 states in the U.S. Says, "I don't know what happened but the cop was wrong."

Sen. Al Gore. Let's face it, he was born a buffoon. Tried to add a tax to your phone bill as Vice President and it took the Supreme Court to tell him that only Congress could levy federal taxes.

Sen. Hillary Clinton. Insists the Director of the FBI said she was innocent when he insists she was lying. When asked if she tells the truth she said, "I try to." Sadly, she always fails.

Rep. Hank Johnson. Old Hank was the one who asked if adding a few marines to Guam would make it tip over and sink.

Sen. Harry Reid. When asked if he regretted lying about Gov. Romney responded with, "Why? He didn't win, did he?"

That's a great point... honestly, it could describe 70-80% of our government leadership.

maybe that's a low estimate even... but I'm an optimist by nature.

Back
Top Bottom