• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The BRICS 'independent Internet' Cable. In defiance of the "US Centric Internet"

Montecresto

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”).

Not many understand that, while the immediate trigger for the decision (coupled with the cancellation of a summit with the US president) was the revelations on NSA spying, the reason why Rousseff can take such a historic step is that the alternative infrastructure: The BRICS cable from Vladivostock, Russia to Shantou, China to Chennai, India to Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil, is being built and it’s, actually, in its final phase of implementation.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-br...n-defiance-of-the-us-centric-internet/5350272

The President of Brazil, Dilma Rousseff announces publicly the creation of a world internet system INDEPENDENT from US and Britain ( the “US-centric internet”).

Not many understand that, while the immediate trigger for the decision (coupled with the cancellation of a summit with the US president) was the revelations on NSA spying, the reason why Rousseff can take such a historic step is that the alternative infrastructure: The BRICS cable from Vladivostock, Russia to Shantou, China to Chennai, India to Cape Town, South Africa to Fortaleza, Brazil, is being built and it’s, actually, in its final phase of implementation.

The BRICS “Independent Internet” Cable. In Defiance of the “US-Centric Internet” | Global Research
Wouldn't those involved imply that we will just be spied upon by foreigners instead of our own guys/girls?

Seems like a strange action to take prior to the Olympics coming to Brazil.

Instead of? Or in addition to?

Seems like a strange action to take prior to the Olympics coming to Brazil.

The timing is based on the Snowden papers revealing that the US was/is tapping Brazilian officials phones and e-mails. Something that seriously has pissed them off and that they consider an attack on their sovereignty, one can't hardly blame them!

The timing is based on the Snowden papers revealing that the US was/is tapping Brazilian officials phones and e-mails. Something that seriously has pissed them off and that they consider an attack on their sovereignty, one can't hardly blame them!

That's nothing compared to Obama's attacks on American sovereignty.

That's nothing compared to Obama's attacks on American sovereignty.

Well that's certainly true. I mean lets broaden it though, it's been going on before him and will continue after him, just to keep things bi-partisan here.

So how will this change the internet?

I don't know but apparently its not coming to America so I won't be able to switch.

I don't know but apparently its not coming to America so I won't be able to switch.

On the picture it shows some kind of link to Miami, but not sure what that is. A way for "dot coms" to list themselves on this new network?

On the picture it shows some kind of link to Miami, but not sure what that is. A way for "dot coms" to list themselves on this new network?

Wow your right, and below the picture it states that it links the US, maybe I will get to join.

Wow your right, and below the picture it states that it links the US, maybe I will get to join.

I just can't wrap my head around this ... whether it's economically beneficial for the BRIC or economically stupid. The investor in me wants to get on board...but I want to know how it would really change anything and who/what would benefit.

I just can't wrap my head around this ... whether it's economically beneficial for the BRIC or economically stupid. The investor in me wants to get on board...but I want to know how it would really change anything and who/what would benefit.

Agreed, we need some more tech savvy posters to weigh in. Maybe when church lets out the pace will quicken.

Back
Top Bottom