• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the breakfast thread

Someone gave us nian gao (Chinese sticky rice cake) for Chinese New Year's, so I had my housekeeper fry it. Not bad, though boring if its a single dish.

Three mini quiche and two pieces of toast with homeade jam. Lots of coffee. I followed this up with getting totally soaked on my way to the jeep. A long ride to work in atrocious weather and more coffee. Sheesh!! I need to retire. {sigh}

you guys got nailed, too? it rained cats and dogs here in the upper midwest.

you guys got nailed, too? it rained cats and dogs here in the upper midwest.

It was sixty when I left for work. the temperature dropped 20 degrees in the hour it took to get here. It's 30 degrees outside now. If you don't like the weather in Arkansas just wait 15 minutes. It'll change.

It was sixty when I left for work. the temperature dropped 20 degrees in the hour it took to get here. It's 30 degrees outside now. If you don't like the weather in Arkansas just wait 15 minutes. It'll change.

same here. we're dropping from 62F to 13F today. glad that i'm working from home for the rest of this week.

same here. we're dropping from 62F to 13F today. glad that i'm working from home for the rest of this week.

Geez louise that's worse than here. I'm still going to whine about it anyway. Just sayin'.

0.jpgThat was breakfast, bout half is in fridge for lunch

last day of vaycay.

English muffin w/ blueberry jelly.

cheese and vegetable omelette
Morning Star vegetarian sausage

Leftover Sichuan...

fried egg and cheese on a slice of double fiber toast.

two scrambled eggs with salt and oregano
slice of twelve grain toast with blueberry jelly.

A Bay's English muffin with strawberry preserves, and a couple of cups of coffee.
Good morning everyone!
Hope you have a good day.

A Bay's English muffin with strawberry preserves, and a couple of cups of coffee.
Good morning everyone!
Hope you have a good day.

We had Bay's English muffins too! They are the best. I used them to fix breakfast sandwiches. Made a two egg omelet with cheddar cheese while cooking four strips of uncured turkey bacon in the microwave. Toasted the muffins putting one strip of bacon cut in half on the bottom followed with half the omelet then topped with another strip of bacon. Mmmmmm good eats.

We had Bay's English muffins too! They are the best. I used them to fix breakfast sandwiches. Made a two egg omelet with cheddar cheese while cooking four strips of uncured turkey bacon in the microwave. Toasted the muffins putting one strip of bacon cut in half on the bottom followed with half the omelet then topped with another strip of bacon. Mmmmmm good eats.

Yes, I've found Bay to be the best when it comes to English muffins
I made my 13 year old grandson who spent the night, and husband a few strips of turkey bacon and scrambled eggs with croissants. OJ on the side.
No complaints so far.

We're off to his baseball game shortly. I hope the rain holds off.
He had a game yesterday. It was so cold. Cold to us is 58. ;)
He needs a hearty breakfast

cheese and tomato omelette on an English muffin.

We pretty much always have this, I dont know what to call it but it's like a mixture of congee and porridge. There is brown rice, oatmeal, various kinds of beans. It doesn't taste good but it's healthy. I am not a huge fan of it so sometimes I sneak out and treat myself to something cheesy and/or meaty.

Last edited:
Morning Star maple sausage on an English muffin w/ sugar free maple syrup.

English muffin w/ unsalted butter.

cinnamon raisin English muffin w/ creamy peanut butter

Home made sausage gray over Pillsbury biscuits, topped by two eggs over medium...

View attachment 67261077

I tried to rotate the photo, oh well.....

Saturday we had Brunch with good friends and my son joined us. I had:
HOMARD
Truffled scrambled eggs, lump crab, butter-poached cold water lobster tail

IT WAS AMAZING. Seriously. Good eats.

Last edited:
English muffin with Morning Star sausage patty
sugar free maple syrup

PB on wonder bread

wonder bread reminds me of the **** that they used to call bread back when i was a kid in the 80s. i would avoid it now, but someone in my family likes it, and i don't want it to expire uneaten.

Today's breakfast was 4 Scallops, pan seared with a little lemon at the end. Good yummy protein!

Back
Top Bottom