• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the breakfast thread

I love steel cut oats but they take so long to cook. I used to make a few days worth at a time but that way they didn't taste as good.
They get a little mushy in the fridge. I tried the quick-cook steel cut oats once and don't recommend them as the texture isn't great.

They get a little mushy in the fridge. I tried the quick-cook steel cut oats once and don't recommend them as the texture isn't great.

It's been a while but yeah they got mushy. I cook the 5 minute Quaker oats now. I have oatmeal 4 or 5 times a week Sometimes more.

It's been a while but yeah they got mushy. I cook the 5 minute Quaker oats now. I have oatmeal 4 or 5 times a week Sometimes more.
I'm afraid steel-cut oats has ruined me for processed oats. I love the texture and nutty taste. I'm retired so have time to make it in the morning.

English muffin with Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese.

Canadian bacon and Swiss cheese on an English muffin
1/2 of a pancake.

what are you having for breakfast?

mine :

15 grain toast with all sorts of cool seeds on it
yogurt margarine
How gay is that? Real men eat bacon and 3 egg cheese omelets and laugh in the face of heart disease and cholesterol levels.

This drink my family aptly names "sadness."

It's one of those green drink things where it's a bunch of vegetables, raspberries, and I think lemons.

Tastes like absolute **** but it's real good for you.
I stay away from green drinks religiously. Had one once in an airport in lieu of lunch and I had heartburn and gas all afternoon. I don't know what in hell was in it, but my body apparently will only take so much healthy at once.

what are you having for breakfast?

mine :

15 grain toast with all sorts of cool seeds on it
yogurt margarine
Just had a 'cold oatmeal' breakfast. I heard about it and have been experimenting. I put oatmeal, peanut butter 'powder', raisins and milk in the fridge overnight, then eat it on the way to work in the morning. Generally I am just a protein bar and coffee guy, but I am going to use the oatmeal dish more often. My next experiment will be to use some type of milk other than dairy. The cold oatmeal isn't very sweet (I like it that way) but the added sugar in the non dairy milk will add some sweetness.

I love food trucks.

n9GWWjX.jpg

I had left over potato salad that I tossed cut up sausage and Cholula Sause into and heated it up... yum

IT must be processed syrup and not natural? Is it good?
It's close enough to the real thing for me. Other people don't like it.

Egg, Canadian bacon, and cheese breakfast sandwich
Reduced fat peanut butter crackers.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, this is what I had today and usually have one with my morning coffee. Aussie Bites that I buy from Costco.

02df730101dc133dfa661998bbe6d53e.jpeg

I'm not a big breakfast eater, this is what I had today and usually have one with my morning coffee. Aussie Bites that I buy from Costco.

02df730101dc133dfa661998bbe6d53e.jpeg
LOL They are not Australian... they are made out of San Francisco!

Back
Top Bottom