• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

the breakfast thread

Canadian bacon sandwich on sourdough with sugar free syrup. We picked up the sourdough bread on a road trip, and it's awesome. I had another piece after eating the sandwich.

I had stopped at a smokehouse , and picked up some venison sausage,
it is a bit gamey by itself, but in a breakfast taco with egg and a sharp cheddar, is quite good.

I had kippers for breakfast over the weekend ( Saturday and Sunday)… it made a change from bacon , eggs and sausages every day lol.

Weirdly this post has been sitting here…I forgot to send it…lol

Attachments

• 2EEC4D1D-8064-4CE4-B801-90D0E3CDDB65.jpeg
    2EEC4D1D-8064-4CE4-B801-90D0E3CDDB65.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 4
I had kippers for breakfast over the weekend ( Saturday and Sunday)… it made a change from bacon , eggs and sausages every day lol.

Weirdly this post has been sitting here…I forgot to send it…lol
I've always wanted to try kippers, never have. I only know they exist because of that Fawlty Towers episode.

I've always wanted to try kippers, never have. I only know they exist because of that Fawlty Towers episode.
They are nice for a late weekend breakfast...a bit hard to face at 6 am. I don't mind the boil in the bag ones , which are boneless and don't stink the house out...served with chillied up tomato sauce...lovely. They also go well with a fried egg and some capers..

I typically like an egg scramble - sautee onions and some bacon bits in butter; season with some pepper.
While that's cooking, beat several eggs with a little garlic paste and a few drops of Tabasco and then pour over the onions & bacon.
Gently stir until the mixture starts to solidify then turn off the heat and let the mixture finish cooking.

Easy... and lo-carb. :)

Avacado and egg on whole wheat toast. It's the first time I've had avacado toast and I'll definitely do it again.

Back
Top Bottom