• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Bradley Effect

Bradley Effect

• The Bradley Effect will have no impact on the election

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • The Bradley Effect will squash Obama

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • The Bradley Effect will squash McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bradley Effect may harm Obama

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • The Bradley Effect may harm McCain

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
You have no way to prove your claim, which all of us knew from the beginning anyway NP, so you didn't really need to respond.

Believe what you like........I just came back from Altoona Pa. and I know better.....He ****ed with the wrong people when he snubbed his nose at the good people of Western Pa.......

Believe what you like........I just came back from Altoona Pa. and I know better.....He ****ed with the wrong people when he snubbed his nose at the good people of Western Pa.......

F*** the good people of Western Pa. The rest of the good people in Pennsylvania have a different opinion.

Rasmussen Reports™: The most comprehensive public opinion coverage ever provided for a presidential election.

Obama Takes Double-Digit Lead in Pennsylvania

Heading into the second presidential debate, the polling news is almost all good for Barack Obama, and the newest results from Pennsylvania are no exception.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of voters in the state shows Obama on top by 13 percentage points, 54% to 41%. Following a trend that has been seen all across the country, Obama has gained ground in recent weeks ever since the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the growing financial turmoil on Wall Street.

Just seven percent (7%) of Pennsylvania voters rate the economy as good or excellent while 62% say poor. Only three percent (3%) say economic conditions are getting better while 82% say they are getting worse.

Forty-four percent (44%) of Keystone State voters say the economy is the most important issue of Election 2008, and 53% trust Obama more than McCain on this issue. Only 39% trust McCain more. It is no coincidence that the Obama’s advantage on economic issues nearly matches his overall lead in the state.

All issues aside..You can't be serious..?

Why wouldn't I be? It's what I like to call Obama's 'Catch 33'. He wins. It's because white people suffering of white guilt just want to vote for a black guy into the precidency. If he loses, it's because white people are racist. Think about it.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't I be? It's what I like to call Obama's 'Catch 33'. He wins. It's because white people suffering of white guilt just want to vote for a black guy into the precidency. If he loses, it's because white people are racist. Think about it.
I understand your reasoning… I just don’t think it intellectually sound as it has its own racial component/bias.
I believe at this point it is Barrack’s race to lose.
As a white person I am neither guilt ridden or racist... I don't believe that of whites today for the most.

I almost half want Obama to win, just so I don't have to hear about what a horrible racist country we are.

A little part of me wants McCain to win, just so I can watch Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews break the news.

That would be sweet.

Last edited:
I understand your reasoning… I just don’t think it intellectually sound as it has its own racial component/bias.
I believe at this point it is Barrack’s race to lose.
As a white person I am neither guilt ridden or racist... I don't believe that of whites today for the most.

My reasoning is very intellectually sound. The thought of Obama winning because people actually like his stance on issues better then somebody like McCain defies all logic. Nobody could ever support Obama simply because they think he'd make a better president. Nobody could ever oppose him because they don't like his stances on issues. It's because they're drinking Koo-Laid or because they're racist. Black and white.

My reasoning is very intellectually sound. The thought of Obama winning because people actually like his stance on issues better then somebody like McCain defies all logic. Nobody could ever support Obama simply because they think he'd make a better president. Nobody could ever oppose him because they don't like his stances on issues. It's because they're drinking Koo-Laid or because they're racist. Black and white.

I think you've about wrapped this issue up, Hatuey.

:rofl

It is proven by the example that gives its name... I never stated any recent accounts nor was that premised in the op... I had stated elsewhere it could only be accurately determined by hindsight / post election data.
It will be interesting to see whether or what effect it will have/not have this Nov.

America in 1982 is different than America in 2008.

The Bradley affect is like unicorns, theorised but never proven.

So let me get this right… If Obama wins it is because he is black... If he loses it is because he is black.
If I as a white man vote for McCain it is because I am either racist or a rightwing nut… Worse maybe both???
Sounds like voter intimidation.

America in 1982 is different than America in 2008.

The Bradley affect is like unicorns, theorised but never proven.
America is vast and Bradly is/can be a regional phenom, but yes it can be proven by comparing exit poll data of whites to actual votes in white percentage.
As for your statement concerning the social evolution of America... I agree... Assuming you meant for the better.

Last edited:
Its easy, hes your boy your ccandidate for president now go ahead and make something racial about it.......:roll:
No need for me to that because you already have. Is this your attempt to instigate flaming wars to distract people from the fact that your theory is untrue and that McPalin are down on the canvas and the ref is already up to 8?

So let me get this right… If Obama wins it is because he is black... If he loses it is because he is black.
If I as a white man vote for McCain it is because I am either racist or a rightwing nut… Worse maybe both???
Sounds like voter intimidation.
I've not read anywhere in this thread someone suggesting that everyone who votes for McCain is a racist. I do not believe that is a rational or reasonable assumption on your part.

I've not read anywhere in this thread someone suggesting that everyone who votes for McCain is a racist. I do not believe that is a rational or reasonable assumption on your part.

Given that you bolded his statement, I'm pretty sure you didn't miss the second half of it.

No need for me to that because you already have. Is this your attempt to instigate flaming wars to distract people from the fact that your theory is untrue and that McPalin are down on the canvas and the ref is already up to 8?

Is everything to you far out lefties about race? You know we just might not agree with your boy on any issue.......Did that ever enter your mind?

I truly believe if Obama was not black we would have never heard of him......

It is proven by the example that gives its name... I never stated any recent accounts nor was that premised in the op... I had stated elsewhere it could only be accurately determined by hindsight / post election data.
It will be interesting to see whether or what effect it will have/not have this Nov.

So you're referring to something from the 60's, and assuming it has any relevence now? I really think that's foolish. You can't give me a single example from 2000, 2002, 2004, or 2006? Come on, man. If the effect is real, it shouldn't be that hard to give a recent example.

Like no one ever heard of this Palin lady until she got tapped by McCain, right NP?

Is everything to you far out lefties about race? You know we just might not agree with your boy on any issue.......Did that ever enter your mind?

Navy Pride said:

Ironic and hypocritical at the same time :doh

And I truly believe that if McCain's plane wasn't shot down and he didn't marry a beer heiress, we would have never heard of him.

What's your point, Turtledove?

Last edited:
That is my opinion..........As I have said before without teleprompter the guy is a mental midget............

Yeah, but he can handle an interview a whole lot better than Sarah "I'll get back to ya" Palin.

By the way, how's that statistical evidence of the Bradley Effect coming?

Yeah, but he can handle an interview a whole lot better than Sarah "I'll get back to ya" Palin.

By the way, how's that statistical evidence of the Bradley Effect coming?

Palin has more management experience then Obama and he want to be prez..........

Don't hold your breath my left wing friend.......You are probably the only person in the world who has not heard of the Bradley factor in the 1982 California Governors election...I guess there is one in every crowd.......

Back
Top Bottom