• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated? Read more: http://www.time.com/time/n

Re: The BP Spill: Has the Damage Been Exaggerated?

Ohhhhhhh. Ok, sorry. I completely misunderstood that.

Yeah that was full on Beck's chalkboard style nuttery.

No problem, I just didn't want to quote that big of a post if my post was going to be directly under it.

Perchance not, but I don't think we can accurately say at this point the extent of the damage. There is a ton of media coverage and the whole of it can seem overblown. But at the same accord, we do know that the damage, whatever it may end up being, will be extensive. You're not going to have a spill of this magnitude without major impacts on the local environment.

On the surface, you are correct. A Lot of oil spilt. However, the impact should be greatest now, and slowly recede with time. We're seeing little impact and rapid recetion of the oil and it's impact. While no one will argue that there will be long term effects, the likihood of massive impact is rapidly fading into a more low grade impact.

How are they using this for political gain?

They aren't I'm just saying it to annoy true believers like you.

(that's sarcasm btw).

On the surface, you are correct. A Lot of oil spilt. However, the impact should be greatest now, and slowly recede with time. We're seeing little impact and rapid recetion of the oil and it's impact. While no one will argue that there will be long term effects, the likihood of massive impact is rapidly fading into a more low grade impact.

We shall see when the measurements come in

Back
Top Bottom