• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Border Patrol Wants to Arm Drones.....

I have no problem with "medieval", as you know. Why was the real Dracula so feared?.... He made it very clearly visible what happened to those who crossed him.

Yes, I do know. But I also know that you value nobility, and in 2013, leaving human corpses to rot is barbaric and ignoble.

I would be...so long as all that was on their criminal records was illegal entry into the US.
Me too. I can accept those who have come here to honestly work and/or raise a family. I don't want to spend the rest of my days wondering which of the Death to America crowd have squirmed across a porous border in order to fulfill some whacked out Imam's darkest desires. I don't think anybody else does, either.

About 11 million illegal (undocumented?) aliens are now here - is that not indicative of a "security problem"? Immigration reform was broken up in 1986 with "promises" of better immigraton law enforcement that, of course, never happened. While border enforcement has indeed been improved (we now have about 20K border patrol agents) the enforcement related to those that make it into the interior is nearly non-existant (we now have about 5K ICE agents) and about 7% of new hires being subjected to E-verify checks. An estimated 40% of the current illegal aliens did not enter illegally, they simply overstayed their "temporary" visas.

But most of them got here years ago. How exactly does that represent a Border Problem Now? I must add, the current immigration reform bill supports the usage of E-Verify on a large scale....Anyways, don't get me wrong, I am willing to deal with the Border Security increases, as long as they come packaged in their current form with all the other Immigration Modifications. If it comes apart from everything else, I doubt any Democrat would support it. We are willing to bite our lip about the wasteful spending as long as we get what we want to. I for one, wont support a proposal swinging anymore to the right.

But most of them got here years ago. How exactly does that represent a Border Problem Now? I must add, the current immigration reform bill supports the usage of E-Verify on a large scale....Anyways, don't get me wrong, I am willing to deal with the Border Security increases, as long as they come packaged in their current form with all the other Immigration Modifications. If it comes apart from everything else, I doubt any Democrat would support it. We are willing to bite our lip about the wasteful spending as long as we get what we want to. I for one, wont support a proposal swinging anymore to the right.

IMV, once the border is proven to be secure, our visa system has the proven ability track who is here and where they are, and E-Verify is a requirement for all businesses, then we should debate how to deal with those who broke ours laws to enter the country...

IMV, once the border is proven to be secure, our visa system has the proven ability track who is here and where they are, and E-Verify is a requirement for all businesses, then we should debate how to deal with those who broke ours laws to enter the country...

and who will ultimatly determine when the border is secure, and what are the standards used to judge its security?

and who will ultimatly determine when the border is secure, and what are the standards used to judge its security?

I would prefer a certification by border patrol agents themselves through a secret ballot process...

Tear gas and pepper balls can create an experience you won't try twice. Killing over immigration laws is a bit much.

It seems to mention Non-lethal arms to them. I would have to imagine that to use the full capabilities of a drone would be the best way to deliver a non-lethal payload. A lot of what you highlighted seems to be drone capabilities that allow it to be an accurate delivery system for lethal munitions. Non-lethal munitions tend to need to be very accurate because it is hard to get the "kill" zone of a lethal device to match an effective zone for a nonlethal device. Plus the drone capabilities which let it spot hidden soldiers are probably fvery useful for helping them spot hidden border jumpers. Drones would be extremely valuable for the purposes of spotting border jumpers. If they are loaded with non-lethal munitions then the whole argument about them being used to kill border jumpers goes out the window.

The only argument I have with a non-lethal solution is you have to punish them or they will try again, and then we have to house them in our prison system and pay a lot of money for them. If we were going to try and secure the border it would be much better to use a lethal deterrent. If we are going to go spend all that money I would rather not give more to the prisoner for profit system and put the money into better defined systems of identification for employment and residence establishment and eliminate the ability of illegals to get services and establish a permanent residence while allowing them to remain and spend money.

Nice. We can all agree on something. We should welcome productive immigrants, even the illegals who can and do fully participate in society. Sadly, our Corporations want strong backs and weak minds who end up making money for them while the rest of us foot the bill.

America was built on Immigrants, and they are still a major drive in our economy. One of the parts of Immigration Reform is changing the system so that more high skilled Immigrants can get in, which would greatly benefit our economy. Why are so against Immigration?

I am against any immigration without a requirement for integration into society. That means speaking English and becoming a responsible American Citizen.

Back
Top Bottom