• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Book of Revelation - should it be thrown out of the Bible?

• Total voters

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Book of Revelation,[a] also erroneously called the Book of Revelations,https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Revelation#cite_note-5[4] is the final book of the New Testament (and therefore the final book of the Christian Bible). Its title is derived from the first word of the Koine Greek text: apokalypsis, meaning "unveiling" or "revelation". The Book of Revelation is the only apocalyptic book in the New Testament canon.[c] It occupies a central place in Christian eschatology.

I think there are a lot of very good reasons why this perverted book should be thrown out.

I think there are a lot of very good reasons why this perverted book should be thrown out.
Have you ever read it Rumpel?

Why should you throw something out of a book you don't revere, isn't it not your business?

Revelation is right on with human nature expressing on the planet which unlike you believe has a Spiritual purpose.

No, it is a very clear time map, all sorts of icons are scattered through it, it adds to Daniel and Isaiah (41-43).
If so, why don't you vote "NO!"

If so, why don't you vote "NO!"
Look again.
It is everybody's business.
Forgot what I was going to say.

Oh, I already told you in your last few threads, we should link them up.

No. It's a good lesson about what can happen when you take psychedelic drugs.

Have you ever read it Rumpel?
Why should you throw something out of a book you don't revere, isn't it not your business?
a) I have read it
b) it is my business as a still somehow Christian person to throw this perverse part out of the Bible, because it gives Chrsitianity a bad name.

c) I may be a Catholic.
But contrary to the old cliché that Catholics don't know the Bible, I can say: "I know the Bible!"

The Bible should be thrown out.
No. It tells tales floating around for over 5,000 years and includes a lot of Middle Eastern history. It's irreplaceable.

No, it is a very clear time map, all sorts of icons are scattered through it, it adds to Daniel and Isaiah (41-43).

Look here:

1And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:
2With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.
3So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
4And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
5And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
9And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains, on which the woman sitteth.
10And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he comes, he must continue a short space.
11And the beast that was, and is not, even he is the eighth, and is of the seven, and goes into perdition.
12And the ten horns which thou saw are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.
15And he said unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.
18And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.
Revelation 17:1–18, King James Version

Should such nonsense be in the New Testament?

And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Fanatical Fundamenalists always know, who she is: The Catholic Church ....

Tall tales.
Uh huh. They found Ancient Troy, though, didn't they? And the labyrinth in the Minoan palace where Theseus tricked the Bull Roarer? All just "tall tales" until they're not. I never said everything is accurate history, but Noah and the Ark certainly speaks to a cataclysmic flood in the Black Sea at some time which they know is true. Legends, myths and fables sometimes are invaluable for what they teach us and about the people who wrote them.

Uh huh. They found Ancient Troy, though, didn't they? And the labyrinth in the Minoan palace where Theseus tricked the Bull Roarer? All just "tall tales" until they're not. I never said everything is accurate history, but Noah and the Ark certainly speaks to a cataclysmic flood in the Black Sea at some time which they know is true. Legends, myths and fables sometimes are invaluable for what they teach us and about the people who wrote them.
There are plenty of real texts reflecting various times in history. I bet plenty hidden away in the Vatican. There are plenty of other and better fantasy books to be read. It sure shouldn't be used as a way to live one's life all though there are so many contradictions and rationalizations its a joke anyway.

No, the book is very relevant to our day...

Just don't read it. Geesh, it ain't that difficult.

Fanatical Fundamenalists always know, who she is: The Catholic Church ....
Nope, sorry, Babylon is America, read in Jermiah, it is a warning to America, not that she will be so destroyed, a potential outcome.

Nope, sorry, Babylon is America, read in Jermiah, it is a warning to America, not that she will be so destroyed, a potential outcome.
It cannot be any country/political empire but refers to something else because John said she commits sexual immorality with the kings of the earth...

“Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters, with whom the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality, and earth’s inhabitants were made drunk with the wine of her sexual immorality.” Revelation 17:1,2

Back
Top Bottom