• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Blue Wave!

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The House, governorships and state legislatures flipped D all over the country last week. It was so bad in the Midwest that Michigan, Kansas & Wisconsin Republicans lost their governor.

And, it gets worse when we dig deeper.

Democratic wins in these 9 states will have seismic policy consequences

Democrats flipped seven governorships, six state legislative chambers, and more than 300 state House and Senate seats on election night. The party went a long way to regaining control at the state level after suffering devastating losses throughout the Barack Obama years.

In some states, the consequences are obvious. Maine elected Democrat Janet Mills as its next governor and put Democrats in complete control of the Maine Legislature, which should bring a rapid end to a year-long fight over Medicaid expansion in the state. Tens of thousands of low-income Mainers should soon get health insurance, now that Republican Gov. Paul LePage’s obstruction of a voter-approved ballot referendum is coming to an end, and 70,000 people will gain health insurance.

Democrats even made some important gains in states where they didn’t win legislative control. In Pennsylvania, for example, they merely broke the GOP supermajority in the Senate. After Pennsylvania Republicans last year considered impeaching the state judges who ruled that the state’s congressional maps should be redrawn — which would have required a supermajority in the Senate — that is still a notable achievement for Democrats. Gretchen Whitmer will have to contend with a GOP legislature as Michigan governor, but she still broke full Republican control over the state.

Thank you, Mr. Trump.

Now, the question is. When will the GOP ditch the orange buffoon?

You know things are bad when Dems are hailing gains in historically blue states like PA, MI, WI & ME. This is putting lipstick on a pig.

You know things are bad when Dems are hailing gains in historically blue states like PA, MI, WI & ME. This is putting lipstick on a pig.

lol...putting Republicans in control of states that are in the Rust Belt was the PromiseLand Trump sold to your team. He obviously failed to deliver. Saying otherwise is the pig lipstick.

lol...putting Republicans in control of states that are in the Rust Belt was the PromiseLand Trump sold to your team. He obviously failed to deliver. Saying otherwise is the pig lipstick.

That Republicans or Trump ever put those states in play at all, much less won some of them, doesn't bode well for Democrats. The truth is that, for all the two years of vitriolic Trump hate and lying, the Dems hardly had an impressive outing Tuesday. 31 House seats is average at best while they lost seats in the Senate. I wouldn't be throwing any victory parties based on that.

If the left succeeds in their fraud attempts in AZ and FL, then yeah, there's the "blue wave."

That Republicans or Trump ever put those states in play at all, much less won some of them, doesn't bode well for Democrats. The truth is that, for all the two years of vitriolic Trump hate and lying, the Dems hardly had an impressive outing Tuesday. 31 House seats is average at best while they lost seats in the Senate. I wouldn't be throwing any victory parties based on that.

It's closer to 40 House seats. You need to keep up with the news.

Democrats have won at least 33 seats, but they look poised to win closer to 40 — there are 13 races that are either not called or too close to call, and Democrats have a solid chance of winning seven of those.

https://www.axios.com/democrats-201...ess-20ad294d-c608-4f70-af89-97d683757ed0.html

...and learn that votes are continued to be counted for up to a week after elections.

If the left succeeds in their fraud attempts in AZ and FL, then yeah, there's the "blue wave."

Counting votes is not fraud. But, we all know the Republicans hate it when votes are counted that do not belong to them. :)

It's closer to 40 House seats. You need to keep up with the news.

...and learn that votes are continued to be counted for up to a week after elections.

RCP says they have gained 31 with 10 races outstanding. Still quite a distance from the 63 seat destruction of Obama in 2010. Also, Florida law is clear on when the results have to be in.

You think "Brown Wave" is a good idea?

You're right. I'm sure the usual suspects will be along any minute to divine unseen meanings in it. That's why I prefaced it with the BS comment. We all know what color BS is.

Counting votes is not fraud. But, we all know the Republicans hate it when votes are counted that do not belong to them. :)

When it's done in contravention of state law and in secret and involves a known dishonest official, then, yea, fraud is what it is.

Since it's total BS, I'd call it a brown wave.

You are so right. I think the GOP is just perfectly fine. They should keep running on the trumpanzee platform and keep forging ahead without any deviation whatsoever.

You are so right. I think the GOP is just perfectly fine. They should keep running on the trumpanzee platform and keep forging ahead without any deviation whatsoever.

Well, I never commented on any of that but, if you insist, then, yes, they should. Economic growth, jobs and peace is a winning combination. The left knows that, too, which is why they are trying their best to find other means of getting Trump.

I'm not sure how a legally required recount is fraud.

In FL, that is.

Unsure what you mean about Arizona.

In FL, that is.

Simple. Votes are going D. And, of course, in RepublicanLand that spells f.r.a.u.d.

In FL, that is.

The recount was only required after Broward county magically found tens of thousands of votes, votes they were legally required to have tabulated on Tuesday.

Well, I never commented on any of that but, if you insist, then, yes, they should. Economic growth, jobs and peace is a winning combination. The left knows that, too, which is why they are trying their best to find other means of getting Trump.

Trump inherited a great economy and he's turning it to ****. Wall street is already speculating a down turn in the economy. Trump trade wars are bringing the chickens home to roost.

And WHAT peace? I guess like trump, you are just going to ignore the existence of our troops in the middle east.

When it's done in contravention of state law and in secret and involves a known dishonest official, then, yea, fraud is what it is.

:lamo

The recount was only required after Broward county magically found tens of thousands of votes, votes they were legally required to have tabulated on Tuesday.

Ah.

Well if that's the cause, we'll know when after the recount Broward county has tens of thousands less votes than they did before it.

Assuming the recount finds that kind of thing, I'm not sure on the details.

Certainly Broward county needs to get whatever went wrong fixed for next time, if it was just a problem and not intentional.
Personally, I think it was just issues counting, and not fraud, but I don't know for sure.

The House, governorships and state legislatures flipped D all over the country last week. It was so bad in the Midwest that Michigan, Kansas & Wisconsin Republicans lost their governor.

And, it gets worse when we dig deeper.

Democratic wins in these 9 states will have seismic policy consequences

Thank you, Mr. Trump.

Now, the question is. When will the GOP ditch the orange buffoon?

No. How would they ditch Trump? If the exit polls are correct, the Democrats owe their gains and control of the House to the independent voter. The same independent voters who put Trump in the White House. Remember independents went for Trump 46-42 over Hillary with 12% voting third party. This time around with still 11 districts pending, they voted Democratic by a 54-44 margin with 2% voting third party.

The reason for the wave is simple, in 2016 those 12% of independents voting third party disliked both Trump and Hillary. In fact 70% of all independents in 2016 viewed Hillary unfavorably vs 57% for trump. This year, there was no Hillary on the ballot and those same independents who disliked Trump and Hillary in 2016 voted their dislike of Trump by voting Democratic this year.

This year results, the independent vote says as much about Hillary as it does about Trump. At least in their eyes. I think this ought to be a warning for 2020 when it comes to whom will be the democratic nominee. Nominate someone that can appeal to independents or you may have history, 2016 repeating itself. Neither Trump nor Hillary did in 2016.

Trump inherited a great economy and he's turning it to ****. Wall street is already speculating a down turn in the economy. Trump trade wars are bringing the chickens home to roost.

Well, the economy bottomed in 2008 and has been making its way up for 10 years. I'd expect a correction somewhere. The trade wars, as you call them, will only be temporary. Just as we got better deals with Mexico and Canada, we'll get better deals with China.

An economy limping along at under 2% isn't "great". Stock market within 5% of an all time high - hardly WS speculating on a "down turn".

Back
Top Bottom