• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Blood Flows in Rochester

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Colin Flaherty
October 11, 2013

Rochester city councilman Adam McFadden has to be wondering why so many people are still so puzzled at the frequent black mob violence in Rochester.

After all, McFadden explained it all to us just two years ago.

"I think what you saw at the beach is what we've been seeing in many of our neighborhoods for two decades," (black) Councilman McFadden told WHAM TV. "It's just that you had a lot of people there who are not used to that culture and got to witness it personally."

He was talking about how a mob of 200 black people were fighting and destroying property at a local beach during a Memorial Day Rib Festival. Thirteen black people were arrested. At least one police officer was hurt. A lot of it was caught on video.

Read more: Articles: The Blood Flows in Rochester

Rochester is the next Detroit. People are leaving, homes are abandoned and Governor Cuomo has done nothing to stop the abandonment of the city. The major companies like Kodak and Xerox no longer support the city. Like the auto industry no longer supports Detroit.

By Colin Flaherty
October 11, 2013

Rochester city councilman Adam McFadden has to be wondering why so many people are still so puzzled at the frequent black mob violence in Rochester.

After all, McFadden explained it all to us just two years ago.

"I think what you saw at the beach is what we've been seeing in many of our neighborhoods for two decades," (black) Councilman McFadden told WHAM TV. "It's just that you had a lot of people there who are not used to that culture and got to witness it personally."

He was talking about how a mob of 200 black people were fighting and destroying property at a local beach during a Memorial Day Rib Festival. Thirteen black people were arrested. At least one police officer was hurt. A lot of it was caught on video.

Read more: Articles: The Blood Flows in Rochester

Rochester is the next Detroit. People are leaving, homes are abandoned and Governor Cuomo has done nothing to stop the abandonment of the city. The major companies like Kodak and Xerox no longer support the city. Like the auto industry no longer supports Detroit.

Living on the West (left) coast, I hadn't heard of the problems in Rochester.
It occurs to me that no one would want to support a place where mobs of people riot, fight, and destroy property. I'd not want to live there or do business there, and probably no one else would either.

So, we have a feedback loop: No one wants to do business there, so there are few jobs, so lots of people are unemployed, so they riot, so no one wants to do business there.

Sounds like a serious problem with few workable solutions to me.

What's your point?

You posted the OP on this thread Mr Wehrwolfen so I thought that you might have one - do you?

I live in Rochester. The idea that Rochester is the next Detroit is utterly preposterous. Rochester has its problems, to be sure, but Kodak and Xerox have been replaced by a top-notch university and health care system, nanotech research, and numerous smaller manufacturing firms.

The city Rochester's unemployment rate (10.0%) is dwarfed by that of Detroit (18.8%). And the greater metro region's rate is 7.0%. Detroit's is 11.8%.

The American Thinker's main source for much of the analysis of Rochester's problems appears to be from the comments section of the local newspaper's website.

Last edited:
Now we can understand you. Your a product of Love Canal.

Love Canal = 80 miles from Rochester. That's in Niagara Falls, genius.

If you're going to regurgitate idiotic American Thinker pieces about a place that neither you nor, I would venture, the jackass who wrote the article have ever been or know anything about, don't be surprised when someone who actually lives there points out exactly how wrong it is.

EDIT: Also, that's "you're."

Love Canal = 80 miles from Rochester. That's in Niagara Falls, genius.

If you're going to regurgitate idiotic American Thinker pieces about a place that neither you nor, I would venture, the jackass who wrote the article have ever been or know anything about, don't be surprised when someone who actually lives there points out exactly how wrong it is.

EDIT: Also, that's "you're."

Looks like your avatar is drinking effluent from the canal. BTW thanks for the correction. It seems that the politicians of NY caused the disaster there not the company that followed procedures of the time. But that's another story. Rochester itself has a high crime rate that is rising still higher. Like the rest of New York State businesses are moving out of Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse.
Aha, how soon will the University Hospital fold after ObamaCare goes full bore? Nanotech technology? Not at the taxes imposed by the State and Federal government. IBM moved out of NY State too. Just how many large companies will move out or go belly up before the year is out? Just another Blue State strangling businesses that by necessity moving overseas or States in the South.

Rochester itself has a high crime rate that is rising still higher.

Crime rate in Rochester, New York (NY): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Crime in Rochester, just like crime in any other city, is highly compartmentalized into the crappy neighborhoods. To say it is rising is incorrect; it's been trending down or stagnant for the last several years.

I'm pretty sure you got everything else you know about Rochester from Wikipedia, and just filled in the blanks with conservative bull feces.

Crime rate in Rochester, New York (NY): murders, rapes, robberies, assaults, burglaries, thefts, auto thefts, arson, law enforcement employees, police officers statistics

Crime in Rochester, just like crime in any other city, is highly compartmentalized into the crappy neighborhoods. To say it is rising is incorrect; it's been trending down or stagnant for the last several years.

I'm pretty sure you got everything else you know about Rochester from Wikipedia, and just filled in the blanks with conservative bull feces.

Rochester NY crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout
Rochester NY crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

About Rochester crime rates. With a crime rate of 62 per one thousand residents, Rochester has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all …

Enough said. Next case. Keep moving along, do not cross the yellow crime scene tapes.

Nobody said it wasn't high. You said it was rising. It's not.

And you've still provided zero evidence to prove your assertion that Rochester is "the next Detroit."

Back
Top Bottom