• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Biggest And Most Successful Conspiricy In American History: Big Money Talks

Campbell

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
This is one you can check for yourself. It proves that the rich are scheming and the poor fall for it. Companies which use Television to advertise their products coordinate with each other to run advertisements at the same time. If you switch to another channel during a commercial guess what you find.......another commercial. Not only that the greedy bastards have come from a couple of minutes of ads every thirty minutes to double or triple that. In the 1950's many major shows an hour or more long which the viewing public was interested in seeing ran half a minute at the beginning and another half at the end. Hallmark comes to mind.

You Know What Immediately Comes To Mind?

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

This is one you can check for yourself. It proves that the rich are scheming and the poor fall for it. Companies which use Television to advertise their products coordinate with each other to run advertisements at the same time. If you switch to another channel during a commercial guess what you find.......another commercial. Not only that the greedy bastards have come from a couple of minutes of ads every thirty minutes to double or triple that. In the 1950's many major shows an hour or more long which the viewing public was interested in seeing ran half a minute at the beginning and another half at the end. Hallmark comes to mind.

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

First . Why would you let a commercial control your spending habits?
and yes I find it annoying to have commercials basically run at the same time on all stations tv/radio.

Second: Don't spend as much and run up personal debt. The rich won't get as much.:mrgreen:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

You obviously consider any company that does business...and advertises on TV...as being rich. And then, you post a graph that doesn't differentiate between individuals and businesses and think that somehow supports your delusion.

Dude...when are you ever going to get serious in your posts?

Thinking this should probably be in the conspiracy theory folder...

First . Why would you let a commercial control your spending habits?
and yes I find it annoying to have commercials basically run at the same time on all stations tv/radio.

Second: Don't spend as much and run up personal debt. The rich won't get as much.:mrgreen:

You can bet your ass that the day companies stop earning profits from advertising you'll never see another one. About my debt.....We have a 4br brick house on the lake which has been paid for since 2005 and two IRA's(401Ks) which we started in the 80's and have never touched. We aren't exactly starving to death. Since the unions were busted beginning with Reagan the folks who would have what I have are sucking wind and eating **** with the chickens. Thanks to the Republican's part there is no middle class in America.

You didn't even look at it....study it for a minute. If you're a little slow study it for five:

mj-averagehouseholdincome.jpg

top1percentchart2.jpg

Turning the TV off? Haven't watched the boob-tube in over two years.

You can bet your ass that the day companies stop earning profits from advertising you'll never see another one. About my debt.....We have a 4br brick house on the lake which has been paid for since 2005 and two IRA's(401Ks) which we started in the 80's and have never touched. We aren't exactly starving to death. Since the unions were busted beginning with Reagan the folks who would have what I have are sucking wind and eating **** with the chickens. Thanks to the Republican's part there is no middle class in America.

You didn't even look at it....study it for a minute. If you're a little slow study it for five:

Glad you have what you think is the wonderful life there, Campbell.

But according to your thinking, you realize that you have deprived a low income family of necessities of life because you took more than your fair share from that income pie? That you tore from the hands of a starving child the very sustenance of life by earning your over-inflated union wages?

Glad you have what you think is the wonderful life there, Campbell.

But according to your thinking, you realize that you have deprived a low income family of necessities of life because you took more than your fair share from that income pie? That you tore from the hands of a starving child the very sustenance of life by earning your over-inflated union wages?

I worked at the biggest uranium enrichment facility in the world for 41 years. Whatever I have came from the nine years I was in the union(OCAW Local 9-288) and my individual success with the company after that. After Reagan fired PATCO the dye was cast and that was the beginning of the end for ordinary American workers:

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-07%20at%2012.16.34%20PM.png

I worked at the biggest uranium enrichment facility in the world for 41 years. Whatever I have came from the nine years I was in the union(OCAW Local 9-288) and my individual success with the company after that. After Reagan fired PATCO the dye was cast and that was the beginning of the end for ordinary American workers:

I know where you worked Campbell, everybody here does I think, you've announced it often enough.

Guess what? I am an ordinary American worker, and I do just fine. I have what I need, most of what I want, it's all paid for, house included, and the majority of my working life came during and after Regan became president. Earned by my own hands, my own sweat.

It isn't who was president, it's what you make of your own life. I just remember, your salary was tax payer money..... ;)

I know where you worked Campbell, everybody here does I think, you've announced it often enough.

Guess what? I am an ordinary American worker, and I do just fine. I have what I need, most of what I want, it's all paid for, house included, and the majority of my working life came during and after Regan became president. Earned by my own hands, my own sweat.

It isn't who was president, it's what you make of your own life. I just remember, your salary was tax payer money..... ;)

Reagan slashed tax rates for the wealthy to levels not seen for 50 years, never cut spending a goddam dime and he and Bush41 quadrupled the national debt. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one. I have news for you....unless you count warm piss running down a working man's back as Trickle Down.....it didn't work.

3.jpg

I forget how they categorize it in the expanding ratings data off the top of my head, but the number of people who watch the first 30 seconds of a commercial break for a show is still a very relevant number in marketing/advertising world for how much they will pay for those ads.

I forget how they categorize it in the expanding ratings data off the top of my head, but the number of people who watch the first 30 seconds of a commercial break for a show is still a very relevant number in marketing/advertising world for how much they will pay for those ads.

Yeah...the biggest events with the most viewers get the best advertisements and the companies pay millions to have their ads there. The Super Bowl is a perfect example.

The problem is that the number and length of the ads just keeps increasing. In the 1950's the Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations were essentially uninterrupted...often less than two minutes for a full hour presentation. The greed of those at the top of a company knows no bounds.

Yeah...the biggest events with the most viewers get the best advertisements and the companies pay millions to have their ads there. The Super Bowl is a perfect example.

The problem is that the number and length of the ads just keeps increasing. In the 1950's the Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations were essentially uninterrupted...often less than two minutes for a full hour presentation. The greed of those at the top of a company knows no bounds.

Greed....what a laugh.

I suppose you would characterize your local mom and pop diner as greedy if they put an ad on TV, too. Why are you so anti-business, dude?

That chart doesn't say what you think it does. It says their share of the aggregate income shrinks, but that doesn't necessarily mean their actual income shrinks and as your chart in post 5 shows its actually increased. Again, as a percent of all total income its gone down, but the actual amount they make has still gone up, its the top 1% of earners that drive the middle class share down even though the middle class still makes more money on average every year since 1979 with exceptions like the recession of course.

Greed....what a laugh.

I suppose you would characterize your local mom and pop diner as greedy if they put an ad on TV, too. Why are you so anti-business, dude?

Anti business.....mom and pop my ass. All the money is funneling up to the top by "BIG BUSINESS" and their stockholders. This is not a guess....this is the fact...in the 1970's if an employee worked more than 40 hours in a week they got 1/ 1/2 times pay for the extra hours. If they worked more than 8 hours in one day they received 1 1/2 times their base pay for the extra. If they worked on a holiday they earned 2 1/2 times their base pay for each hour that day. They received sick pay when they were ill. Most employees got at least two weeks a year which they could spend on vacation and use as they wished. Now...the goddam McDonalds and Wamart employees don't receive a free sandwich if they work 80 hours a week.

uneven-distribution-of-income-growth.jpg

Last edited:
Anti business.....mom and pop my ass. All the money is funneling up to the top by "BIG BUSINESS" and their stockholders. This is not a guess....this is the fact...in the 1970's if an employee worked more than 40 hours in a week they got 1/ 1/2 times pay for the extra hours. If they worked more than 8 hours in one day they received 1 1/2 times their base pay for the extra. If they worked on a holiday they earned 2 1/2 times their base pay for each hour that day. They received sick pay when they were ill. Most employees got at least two weeks a year which they could spend on vacation and use as they wished. Now...the goddam McDonalds and Wamart employees don't receive a free sandwich if they work 80 hours a week.

Which has nothing to do with your anti-advertising rant. All you are doing is casting around for some reason to hate on business...any business. Your latest is whining about advertising.

Dude...why don't you just come out and say that you don't like capitalism, eh? I mean, that's where you are REALLY coming from, isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom