• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bigger the Government…the Smaller the citizen.

Do you agree that the bigger the Government, the smaller the individual citizen become in every way?

• Yes.

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 31 56.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Yep, but were you as super effective at causing change as he/she thinks that he/she was?

Years ago I worked on the mayor's election campaign. He was running against a tax and spend liberal who had destroyed the local economy. I went door to door passing out flyers and asking people to vote for him. He won. I have since moved away but I eventually heard he finally retired while in office.

If all politics are local, you can't ask for anything better than that.

If this were the Revolutionary War, the right-wing would be the Revolutionaries and Founders and the left-wing would have fought with the British for the King.

That would be funny if it weren't the exact opposite. It was the right-wing who didn't want to part with the British Monarchy. Just as its the right-wing who wants to abolish the separation of Church and State TODAY and install a monarch/dictator.

In other words, you just face-planted. HARD.

I prefer paying your bills as they come up.

Sure, but debt works differently for governments, especially when (in the case of America) the government prints the money and when the country itself owns most of the debt. People don't seem to understand that MONEY itself is a function of the government.

Also, people really need to stop treating America like its a business that needs to turn a profit. A government that operates under this ideology doesn't understand government, and probably won't last more than a couple years or even lift off the runway.

That's one of many reasons the predication for Trump's presidency is a balls out laughable joke. He's literally the worst business man on the planet, he ran on his business experience, and government is not a business.

You didn't ask me but I think both should be functions of government. They should be provided via taxpayer monies and the people of the country should be able to rely on the government to actually provide these taxpayer paid services.
you realize those both are what makes government very large.

you realize those both are what makes government very large.
National defense is a VERY big ticket item in the budget. Do you think it should be smaller or do you think it occupies its proper level of importance?

People don't seem to understand that MONEY itself is a function of the government.

Yes, and it screwed that up like it screws everything up. But don't worry, as usual the market comes through, because when the dollar goes down the crapper, people will switch to crypto out of necessity.

National defense is a VERY big ticket item in the budget. Do you think it should be smaller or do you think it occupies its proper level of importance?
we spend far too much on border patrol and less on addressing the issues that cause a need for border patrol...

Are you saying the billionaires are shrinking?
Absolutely not or perhaps it would be more appropriate to say obviously not, and primarily because of big government.

IT, IMO, is the primary reason our government was founded in the first place.
Major fundamental change to our form of Federal government came about under Wilson in 1913 with passage of the 16th and 17th amendments along with the Federal Reserve Act, followed by LBJ in the 60's with his "Great Society" social programs which have only grown larger and made the primary focus on political issues in our elections. Which candidate will give me the most and cost me the least seems to have become what wins elections, debt and deficit spending be damned.
$1,983.18 today buys what $100 bought when I was born.

“As government expands, liberty contracts.” - Ronald Reagan

"Our Founders never intended for Americans to trust their government. Our entire Constitution was predicated on the notion that government was a necessary evil to be restrained and minimized as much as possible." - Rand Paul

"Governments don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking... They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it." - George Carlin

Percentage wise, absolutely. The numbers don't lie.

Which people and which government services are you talking about?
Please. This is common knowledge and need not be substantiated.

They are lost who follow Rob and Rand Paul.

"Governments don't want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking... They want obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept it." - George Carlin
“It” was longer hours, less pay, the end of overtime, and taking away government benefits.

Back
Top Bottom