• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The big lie: Pro-life women carry every pregnancy to term.

Well, I can think of two possibilities where a pro-life woman has had an abortion.

First, they were either pro-choice, or had no opinion until they had one...then changed their minds after the fact and became pro-life.

Second, the abortion regretfully happened because of a medical reason to save the mother.

These things happen.
You left out a big one - a "pro-life" woman had an unintended pregnancy.

Perhaps she is married to an abusive husband, or got pregnant from a person like a Congressman near me, Rep. DesJarlais, who is pro-life, knocked up a patient, then told her to travel to Atlanta for an abortion. Probably because he was married, to his wife who'd had two abortions, but he's pro-life. Ask him if you want. And, yes, unintended pregnancies happen, even to "pro-life" medical doctors banging nurses and patients.

I don't often discuss abortion, but what offends me about the entire issue is it's something that will only ever impact poor people in this country, barring a nationwide ban, and that's not going to happen. And if it does happen, those guys know a doctor or can get a name who will perform the abortion and call it something else, discreetly of course and for a nice fee. But in the normal case, wealthy guys like Rep. DesJarlais can afford to send their mistresses or daughters anywhere in the country to get an abortion if they have an unintended pregnancy. Perhaps overseas if necessary. They can take a couple weeks of 'vacation' and stay in a nice hotel.

Well, I can think of two possibilities where a pro-life woman has had an abortion.

First, they were either pro-choice, or had no opinion until they had one...then changed their minds after the fact and became pro-life.

Second, the abortion regretfully happened because of a medical reason to save the mother.

These things happen.
There are more reasons, of course.

Many women lie about being pro-life.

Catholics and evangelicals often use abortion as a topic to make themselves feel superior. Many of them think calling everyone who chooses to have an abortion a "baby killer" and similar crap sounds like they value human life more than anyone else. But they do not accomplish anything that way. It is all about forcing their religion onto other people.

No, modern Nazis. The kind of folks who think George Soros, himself Jewish, is an anti-Semite. They also tend to believe conspiracy theories that Soros is some kind of Jewish overlord running the world.
Soros has given $18 billion to leftwing causes worldwide. Deny that.

Soros has given $18 billion to leftwing causes worldwide. Deny that.
Why should anyone bother to deny what you don't bother to document? As far as I'm concerned, you're just making up whatever sounds good to you. Deny that.

No, modern Nazis. The kind of folks who think George Soros, himself Jewish, is an anti-Semite. They also tend to believe conspiracy theories that Soros is some kind of Jewish overlord running the world.
I had no idea that Soros was Jewish. Doesn't matter anyway.

So you don't deny that you lie in every post?
I back up my assertions when asked. You just deflect. You post imaginary numbers and think other people will waste time with them.

You left out a big one - a "pro-life" woman had an unintended pregnancy.

Perhaps she is married to an abusive husband, or got pregnant from a person like a Congressman near me, Rep. DesJarlais, who is pro-life, knocked up a patient, then told her to travel to Atlanta for an abortion. Probably because he was married, to his wife who'd had two abortions, but he's pro-life. Ask him if you want. And, yes, unintended pregnancies happen, even to "pro-life" medical doctors banging nurses and patients.

I don't often discuss abortion, but what offends me about the entire issue is it's something that will only ever impact poor people in this country, barring a nationwide ban, and that's not going to happen. And if it does happen, those guys know a doctor or can get a name who will perform the abortion and call it something else, discreetly of course and for a nice fee. But in the normal case, wealthy guys like Rep. DesJarlais can afford to send their mistresses or daughters anywhere in the country to get an abortion if they have an unintended pregnancy. Perhaps overseas if necessary. They can take a couple weeks of 'vacation' and stay in a nice hotel.
She was for life she wouldn't want to punish the baby for what someone assaulted her did.

I back up my assertions when asked. You just deflect. You post imaginary numbers and think other people will waste time with them.
Since you don't have many posts here, you probably don't know, but I don't chase my tail pasting links for leftwingers. They're not really interested anyway. The fact that you didn't look up something so easily found proves I was right.

Since you don't have many posts here, you probably don't know, but I don't chase my tail pasting links for leftwingers. They're not really interested anyway. The fact that you didn't look up something so easily found proves I was right.
I don't do other peoples homework. You made the assertion. It's your job to document it. Otherwise I'm free to assume that you're posting imaginary numbers for your own entertainment. You have no credibility.

I don't do other peoples homework. You made the assertion. It's your job to document it. Otherwise I'm free to assume that you're posting imaginary numbers for your own entertainment. You have no credibility.
Who the hell said it's my job to chase my tail for lazy leftwingers?

Obviously you're ignorant of the actual rules of debate. If you had a source for your silly claim, it would be easy for you to post it. You don't because
Pfft. There are no such rules. lol. Leftwingers don’t debate, anyway. They just insult and troll like you’re doing right now.

Pfft. There are no such rules. lol. Leftwingers don’t debate, anyway. They just insult and troll like you’re doing right now.
Yes, I'm such a meanie.:ROFLMAO: I expect you to actually back up your statements and know what you're talking about. Obviously my standards are unrealistic, but hope springs eternal.

Yes, I'm such a meanie.:ROFLMAO: I expect you to actually back up your statements and know what you're talking about. Obviously my standards are unrealistic, but hope springs eternal.
If you cared to find out the facts, you'd look it up. You don't care.
Actually, you probably looked it up and know I'm right, and you're just being dishonest now.

Last edited:
If you cared to find out the facts, you'd look it up. You don't care.
Actually, you probably looked it up and know I'm right, and you're just being dishonest now.
I don't do your homework. You're right that I don't care if you make up numbers. "18 billion" is a ridiculous figure.

I don't do your homework. You're right that I don't care if you make up numbers. "18 billion" is a ridiculous figure.
Notice nobody is coming to your aid disputing my claim. And this is a forum that is 80% leftwingers. I guess they googled “ Soros $18 billion” and saw for themselves. So did you.

Notice nobody is coming to your aid disputing my claim. And this is a forum that is 80% leftwingers. I guess they googled “ Soros $18 billion” and saw for themselves. So did you.
Or they thought the claim was too silly to bother with.

Back
Top Bottom