• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The big lie: Pro-life women carry every pregnancy to term.

It's a collection of third hand anacortes from the biased abortion doctors.

How do I know they aren't lying they have every motivated to. Really people who think of you as a mass murderer well probably not get much respect.

Show legitimate surveys not opinion blogs please.

If you feel my source is wrong, it's up to YOU to prove your claim (that it's wrong) and post sources saying otherwise.

Guttmacher's demographics of women who get abortions.
38% of women who get abortions list no religious affiliation
24% of women that get abortions consider themselves to be Catholic
17% of women say they are Main-line Protestant (Methodist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, etc)
13% of women who get abortions say they belong to an Evangelical church
8% list other religions.
So pro-life people, what do you have to say about pro-life women "killing their babies"? And while we're at it let's discuss why the pro-life movement thinks it can keep pro-choice women from getting abortions when they can't even stop their own women from aborting.

I've seen Guttmacher's "statistics" before and they cannot be taken seriously. They are deliberately slanted to support the "pro choice" position.

I've never seen anyone claim that pro life women carry every pregnancy to term.

I'm against anyone "killing their babies" (having an elective abortion) no matter their religious affiliation

And why should it be the responsibility of pro life believers to "keep their women from aborting"? It is very difficult in this country to persuade women (or anyone else) of taking actions when the government and almost all of popular culture claims nothing is wrong with it.

Guttmacher - far leftwing. Soros funded. Paid to push a Marxist agenda. Next?
What is it with your constant need to spread anti-Semitic conspiracy theories?

If you feel my source is wrong, it's up to YOU to prove your claim (that it's wrong) and post sources saying otherwise.
I didn't claim that it was wrong so I don't have to prove a claim I didn't make. It is third hand anecdotes it isn't proof of your claim it isn't support of your claim it's conjecture.

You have to prove your source correct.

There is only one reason that a pro-life woman has never had an abortion... it is because they became pro-choice the moment that they decided to have an abortion. It is not complicated but I understand why @weaver2 was unable to understand it.
Did they revert back to being pro-life as soon as their abortion was completed? Very elastic of them. :p

No pro-life woman has ever had an abortion. Period.

In a Twitter thread, a former abortion clinic worker claims that “tons of women who claim to be anti-abortion get abortions” and justify it through “a neat mental trick.” It’s a reminder that abortion touches the lives of practicing Christians and non-Christians alike, but for those that have participated in abortion, there is hope and redemption.

Under the Twitter name Annoyed Cicada, the abortion clinic worker shared her experience with women and family members who claim that they are pro-life.

The thread begins, “Anyone who has ever worked in an abortion clinic knows that tons of women who claim to be anti-abortion get abortions. They do a neat mental trick where *their* abortion is justified.”

It continues, “At the clinic I worked at we used to put a pink sticky note on their charts to give a heads-up to the back-office staff. That way you’d be prepped for the hostility. I had a woman tell me I would burn in hell as I held her hand during her abortion…Another woman refused to wait in the same waiting room as the other patients because she didn’t think she was ‘irresponsible’ the way they were. We obliged to protect our other patients from her hostility.”

“Yet another woman laughed and told the doctor performing her procedure that she thought he should go to jail. After he had performed the abortion, of course.”

Annoyed Cicada concludes, “My years working in the clinic made me realize that a lot of ‘pro-life’ people are willing to make exceptions for themselves or their loved ones. They just lack the empathy to understand that everyone seeking abortions has the same need that they do.”

What??? he was a child during the Nazi era???

No, modern Nazis. The kind of folks who think George Soros, himself Jewish, is an anti-Semite. They also tend to believe conspiracy theories that Soros is some kind of Jewish overlord running the world.

No, modern Nazis.
What in Germany? Is that a thing.
The kind of folks who think George Soros, himself Jewish, is an anti-Semite.
so a person of Jewish ancestry can't hate Jews why Hitler did? He was part Jewish. Or is it the one drop rule?
They also tend to believe conspiracy theories that Soros is some kind of Jewish overlord running the world.
I don't know if any conspiracy theories involving George Soros no doubt they exist I know facts about George Soros. Are you calling those facts of conspiracy in order to deny them?

What in Germany? Is that a thing. so a person of Jewish ancestry can't hate Jews why Hitler did? He was part Jewish. Or is it the one drop rule? I don't know if any conspiracy theories involving George Soros no doubt they exist I know facts about George Soros. Are you calling those facts of conspiracy in order to deny them?

Show where Hitler considered himself Jewish the same way Soros does.

Can you name some of these “facts” without sounding like you’re quoting from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?

LOL, the right is overloaded with hypocrites.
How so?
My argument is that once they have an abortion they have switched to being pro-choice. Can't go back from that.

Whether or not someone is Jewish by heritage is not dependent on their consideration of it.
Can you name some of these “facts” without sounding like you’re quoting from the Protocols of the Elders of Zion?
George Soros funds a number of politically active organizations that's quoting George Soros himself. He doesn't hide it it's proud of it you really don't know this who do you think he is?

Last edited:
You can't pigeon-hole an argument to your parameters...

You can't pigeon-hole an argument to your parameters...
Apparently understanding that George Soros funds multiple political organizations is an anti-semitic conspiracy that George Soros himself perpetuates odd but that's the world we live in apparently.

Natural law is not religion.

Also the state has a right to force you to comply with public morals.
If there were such a thing as "natural law", people would naturally obey it. Actually, the Catholic Church made up the concept of "natural law" as a pretext to tell non Catholics what to do. They are the exclusive experts on natural law and can't figure out why nobody else gives a shit about it.

If there were such a thing as "natural law", people would naturally obey it. Actually, the Catholic Church made up the concept of "natural law" as a pretext to tell non Catholics what to do. They are the exclusive experts on natural law and can't figure out why nobody else gives a shit about it.
I agree the idea of natural law seems to be opinion about how's the order of things should be, and calling it natural law is to provide more gravitas to that opinion.

Basically it strikes me as a blend between appeal to authority and appeal to nature.

Back
Top Bottom