• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The big lie exposed after just 5 years

No, there isn't. I could sell a bag full of dandelions and crab-grass tomorrow and there are no State or federal regulations/taxes involved. Just because you wish it were so, does not make it so. I defy you to cite any State or federal law pertaining to the taxation or regulation of crab-grass.
Try the IRS or any number of state authorities that tax income. Anything you sell that results in a profit is taxable. If you scrape up a free dog poop and sell it for any amount, it is taxable profit. That is what Schedule-A is about; the instructions clearly outline the laws. It also states that in many instances, local sales tax must also be collected and paid on certain items:

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040sca

Try the IRS or any number of state authorities that tax income. Anything you sell that results in a profit is taxable. If you scrape up a free dog poop and sell it for any amount, it is taxable profit. That is what Schedule-A is about; the instructions clearly outline the laws. It also states that in many instances, local sales tax must also be collected and paid on certain items:

https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040sca
You are talking about income. I'm talking about dandelions and crab-grass. It is truly a shame that you cannot tell the difference between the two.

The lie that liberals and libertarians have been saying for decades has finally been exposed. The lie of course is that legalizing Marijuana and taxing it will be an economic and a tax boost, in reality it created an unsustainable industry that now can't survive without tax cuts.

As long as there is regulations and taxes it will always be cheaper to produce and sell weed illegally.

So it's clear that legalization is not the approach, what's next?
Um Colorado is making a killing...

The lie that liberals and libertarians have been saying for decades has finally been exposed. The lie of course is that legalizing Marijuana and taxing it will be an economic and a tax boost, in reality it created an unsustainable industry that now can't survive without tax cuts.
It's been very successful in WA St. and CO, 2 of the states where it's been legal for 10 yrs. If you mean that you believe that the taxes generated are a bad thing, I guess I disagree. Commercial pot isnt cheap but it's not that expensive either. The stores are safe and very controlled and the staff is super knowledgeable. And there's great quality control and variety too. And people can grow their own.

Health care: $590.3 million

Basic Health Plan Trust Account: $490.4 million

Licensing/enforcement: $29.9 million

Liquor and Cannabis Board: $24.3 million

Washington State Patrol: $5.6 million

Education and prevention: $22.3 million

Department of Health: $21,232,000

Dropout prevention: $1,060,000

Local governments: $30 million

State general fund: $368.5 million

Department of Ecology: $928,000

Testing for pesticides: $1.3 million

As long as there is regulations and taxes it will always be cheaper to produce and sell weed illegally.

So it's clear that legalization is not the approach, what's next?

Colorado is doing pretty good. Legalization IS the answer. Taxes and safe product.

@Crovax...so any response? Do you still believe what you wrote in the OP?

@Crovax...so any response? Do you still believe what you wrote in the OP?

Absolutely. CAs economy in many times greater than these tiny states which can easy be influenced by virtue purchases. In the big economy weed can not win against the cartels.

Absolutely. CAs economy in many times greater than these tiny states which can easy be influenced by virtue purchases. In the big economy weed can not win against the cartels.

You'll have to provide proportional numbers to prove that. CO and WA arent 'tiny' states but in any case, it's easy enough to show the ratio of population to purchases and taxes generated and then compare to CA and similar tax revenues.

And you'll also have to show that they're supported by 'virtue purchases' or...that CA's wouldnt be.

Otherwise your assertion, unsupported, is just a 'nah huh.'

Back
Top Bottom