• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Biden Rushed Vaccine

The way you frame that makes you dishonest. Trump was largely responsible for the fact that the vaccine was developed in about a year rather then the usual wait of a minimum of three years. Ever heard of "Operation Warp Speed"?
None of the money, lifted from cash allocated to a hospitals Covid support fund, arrived until mid 2020. Development and treatment were underway before it got there. Where are the seven vaccines it was supposed to help bring to the marketplace? Trump as usual was irrelevant, but stealing the credit.

Remember the days when Democrats spent an entire election year telling Americans not to get the Trump rushed vaccine? Now they are doing everything they can to rush full approval for vaccines as quickly as possible so they can mandate that Americans get the Biden rushed vaccine.

The Democrats didn't spend a year telling Americans not to get the vaccine. They did have concerns about cutting corners and safety but those were addressed by the CDC. Nobody is calling it the Biden vaccine but you know that's not true either. Try to fail less.

Three was a Dr today that was saying she felt most of the unvaccinated were hesitant about the vaccine rather than being anti-vaccine because they are hearing too many mixed messages and disinformation. If that’s the case, getting the vaccines approved might give them some motivation and ease their fears.
BTW, young people are being hospitalized increasingly..

The FDA must know something we don’t?

Remember the days when Democrats spent an entire election year telling Americans not to get the Trump rushed vaccine? Now they are doing everything they can to rush full approval for vaccines as quickly as possible so they can mandate that Americans get the Biden rushed vaccine.

But it was OK with you and Trump that the FDA rushed the EUA. Seems the Biden admin is interested in knocking down Covid. Trump was interested in getting re-elected.

Remember the days when Democrats spent an entire election year telling Americans not to get the Trump rushed vaccine?
I've asked you twice already in your myriad of disastrous ( for you) threads and you havent answered, let's try again:

Please source where any of the Democratic leadership told Americans not to get the vaccine? Aside from a few responsibly expressing caution early on over a 'rushed' vaccine, once it received its emergency safe approval and was released, please link to any of the leaders in the Democratic party telling people not tot get it.

I've asked you twice already in your myriad of disastrous ( for you) threads and you havent answered, let's try again:

Please source where any of the Democratic leadership told Americans not to get the vaccine? Aside from a few responsibly expressing caution early on over a 'rushed' vaccine, once it received its emergency safe approval and was released, please link to any of the leaders in the Democratic party telling people not tot get it.

A coalition of Democratic governors said they wouldn't allow anyone in their states to receive any of the approved vaccines because they felt they were untrustworthy. People said they wanted it because they trust the science and their governors said they weren't allowed to have it and they shouldn't even want it until they say it's okay for them to have it. This of course was back when Democrats and social media were all about spreading vaccine hesitancy though.

They could just be in a rush because they know time is short before Biden forgets the vaccine exists, again.

A coalition of Democratic governors said they wouldn't allow anyone in their states to receive any of the approved vaccines because they felt they were untrustworthy. People said they wanted it because they trust the science and their governors said they weren't allowed to have it and they shouldn't even want it until they say it's okay for them to have it. This of course was back when Democrats and social media were all about spreading vaccine hesitancy though.
Ah, yes. my state made a similar claim.

As I wrote, there was legitimate caution over the rushed approval. But I responded to Dems 'telling people not to get it.' ASFAIK, none ever did.

It's true, the distrust that The Donald had sowed for 4 years did affect people's trust...legitimately IMO. So there were additional reviews. I agree, it could have contributed to vaccine hesitancy EXCEPT...that they all did approve it. And then got behind it publicly.

But you brought up a legitimate example, kudos.

Ah, yes. my state made a similar claim.

As I wrote, there was legitimate caution over the rushed approval. But I responded to Dems 'telling people not to get it.' ASFAIK, none ever did.

It's true, the distrust that The Donald had sowed for 4 years did affect people's trust...legitimately IMO. So there were additional reviews. I agree, it could have contributed to vaccine hesitancy EXCEPT...that they all did approve it. And then got behind it publicly.

But you brought up a legitimate example, kudos.
I'm pretty sure Cuomo ended up just dropping the entire thing altogether. Once the vaccine became available Trump said he wasn't giving any to states that announced they wouldn't administer it. Then Cuomo got all pissy and said something along the lines of "this virus doesn't discriminate and neither should this administration." Trump basically responded by saying "people are dying, people want the vaccine, let us know when you want to administer it and then you can have it." Cuomo won a lot of rounds against Trump in 2020, but that one he lost.

Remember when republicans praised Trump for 'rushing' to get a vaccine out even though they refused to take it? They still refuse, because Biden 'rushed' it.

I'm pretty sure Cuomo ended up just dropping the entire thing altogether. Once the vaccine became available Trump said he wasn't giving any to states that announced they wouldn't administer it. Then Cuomo got all pissy and said something along the lines of "this virus doesn't discriminate and neither should this administration." Trump basically responded by saying "people are dying, people want the vaccine, let us know when you want to administer it and then you can have it." Cuomo won a lot of rounds against Trump in 2020, but that one he lost.
I'm not sure if WA St ever did so either. I think CA did the same.

IMO, it was posturing. (Altho I study epidemiology as a layperson and concerns at rushing a vaccine are legit).

There was a lot of resentment built up after 4 years and the election was on the horizon. It was strategic. And again, once available, those states jumped on board full throttle...and many red states did not, still not sure if they have.

I'm not sure if WA St ever did so either. I think CA did the same.

IMO, it was posturing. (Altho I study epidemiology as a layperson and concerns at rushing a vaccine are legit).

There was a lot of resentment built up after 4 years and the election was on the horizon. It was strategic. And again, once available, those states jumped on board full throttle...and many red states did not, still not sure if they have.
I think they were just worried that if people had hope of a vaccine being available soon that they would be less likely to vote for Biden. The Biden/Harris administration was also running around trying to fear monger over the vaccine. The story was similar. They were essentially saying that "you can't trust a vaccine developed under the Trump administration unless our experts tell you that you can." It gave them power to delay hope of the vaccine, but ultimately once the vaccine was available people wanted it. I'm not aware of any Republican governors who refused the vaccine, but I could be wrong. They wanted it as soon as possible and told their citizens to trust it.

No, Democrats did not do that.

What Democrats said was "don't just take Trump's word for it, wait for the experts at the FDA."

And we did that.

I think they were just worried that if people had hope of a vaccine being available soon that they would be less likely to vote for Biden. The Biden/Harris administration was also running around trying to fear monger over the vaccine. The story was similar. They were essentially saying that "you can't trust a vaccine developed under the Trump administration unless our experts tell you that you can." It gave them power to delay hope of the vaccine, but ultimately once the vaccine was available people wanted it. I'm not aware of any Republican governors who refused the vaccine, but I could be wrong. They wanted it as soon as possible and told their citizens to trust it.
Yeah, that sounds like the strategy but as I mentioned, the concerns were legitimate and The Donald had not developed any trust with people, esp. re: the epidemic.

From the Democratic party side, it was race by far too important to lose.

As for Republican govs refusing it, no but many have downplayed it, not put their full confidence and encouragement behind it. See: DeSantis. And see AL...who's governor had to do an about face a week or so ago and beg people to get vaccinated.

This exact ****ing poster has extolled the virtues of Donald Trump for getting us the vaccine so quickly. They don't even pretend to give a shit about reality anymore.

It seems pretty obvious that Moderate Right was calling out the hypocrisy.

By claiming Democrats were against a vaccine, which isn't even accurate. Sure.

Many Democrats were pushing vaccine hesitancy during the 2020 campaigns.

Correct. "Wait for the FDA, don't listen to a politician" is good advice.

For the record

Germany funded the development of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine—not U.S.’s Operation Warp Speed​

The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government.

For the record

Germany funded the development of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine—not U.S.’s Operation Warp Speed​

The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government.

I love this quote from the article:
Snag_46cc5ab7.png

Meanwhile:

Snag_46ccfaa1.png
:ROFLMAO:

It was not as simple as just developing the vaccines in the lab. Perhaps this will help:

Indeed, it did.

When I read

I learned that people had adopted practices intended to speed up production and delivery

We analyzed the program's vaccine candidates and found that their development followed traditional practices, with some adaptations. For example, some clinical trial phases overlapped with each other and with animal studies to accelerate development.​

(but not whether those practices had actually done so) and that "the production goals had not yet been met". I also learned that the research for the report had been done during the tenure of Mr. Trump (which, to a skeptical person, would indicate that there was quite a high degree of "fudging in favour of the President in order to avoid petty revenge attacks" on the part of the respondents).

Back
Top Bottom