• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Biblical, Historical, and Scientific Truth of the FLOOD --- And Proof it has been FOUND!

I was raised in the church and we didn't even think the story of the ark was true.

Now, I was in a church of reasonable WWII vets and other sane and caring people.

Of course evolution doesn't deal with the orgins of life. No one ever said it did. That's abiogenesis. Evolution deals with life after it developed. If you do not even understand that some point, then it's no wonder your whole take on evolution is flawed and mired in misunderstanding. As for how man evolved, there is lots of paleontological evidence showing a clear, linear progression of evolutionary development. There's nothing to show man magically appeared from nowhere because God poofed him into existence.
Since there is absolutely no proof life can originate spontaneously from inert materials, only GOD is the absolute reasonable solution. Since GOD is the originator of life, HE also becomes the only reasonable Creator of both life and the Intelligent Designer of that life HE originated. While I fully accept that GOD Created the various KINDS with the ability to exhibit individuality, there is absolutely no proof of crossovers where some so-called "new" species is incapable of breeding with some original parent species. Canines remain canine --- Felines remain feline. Humans remain human. They were such from Creation. And they will remain such through to Armageddon. All breeding of animals for thousands of years demonstrates ONLY that designer breeds remain a firm part of their KIND of origin.

I was raised in the church and we didn't even think the story of the ark was true.

Now, I was in a church of reasonable WWII vets and other sane and caring people.
I don't imagine that a sermon was preached regarding Noah's Ark. However, the Mormons are very nice and seemingly reasonable, that has nothing to do with being either Christian or saved.

Who claimed peer review journals were perfect?

They are certainly better at determining facts about the way the world works than religious texts from the Bronze Age.
Your statement demonstrates your bias and your distain for both religious considerations and Bronze Age documentation. Being a know-it-all doesn't make for an honest appraisal of data that is contrary to what the know-it-all deems "fact" ---- were "fact" isn't an absolute.

Back
Top Bottom