• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Biblical Geritol Kids

I am going on with a lot more than that.. and the claim 'eye witness account are never identical' is not a very good excuse. There are the conflicts when it comes to theological questions for example.. in the Jewish scriptures, you can see the progression of how religious thought developed, and you can see how the Epistle of James , for example, was written to counter errors that Paul wrote when it came to works vs faith.

They wrote about different aspects of faith, there were no errors...no conflicts, no inaccuracies, no contradictions...

They wrote about different aspects of faith, there were no errors...no conflicts, no inaccuracies, no contradictions...

That is not what many Christian biblical scholars say.. and the arguments the present are much stronger than the folks that think the bible has no contradictions. The fact that there was a conflict for so many years between the people who pushed faith and the people who push works for salvation before the folks who tried to 'harmonize' it shows it's not as simple as you make it out to be.

The bible says Methezula lived to the ripe old age of 969 years old. Noah lived 950 years. Adam, the spring chicken of the three, only made it to 930 years old. Do you believe these alleged biblical individuals actually lived this long, or is this another of those metaphorical biblical claims that is open to interpretation and speculation ?

I like to think of it as a bad work of fiction. A pair of everything on one boat, people rising from the dead, living inside of a fish's belly for three days. I like a good fiction but one has to draw the line somewhere.

That is not what many Christian biblical scholars say.. and the arguments the present are much stronger than the folks that think the bible has no contradictions. The fact that there was a conflict for so many years between the people who pushed faith and the people who push works for salvation before the folks who tried to 'harmonize' it shows it's not as simple as you make it out to be.

I don't really care what they say...I know different...

I don't really care what they say...I know different...

You are unable to show what you think you know is actually true.

Back
Top Bottom