• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Bible Or Darwin Theory

steen said:
I would say that if you deliberately are teaching lies to your kids, that would be child abuse. You can take it from there…

Aaah Steen you are just obviously looking for some time consuming banter. :sword: I'd oblige but I'm currently trying to make dinner for my kids which luckily I didn't abort however in your estimation I abuse by encouraging imagination, open mindedness, and thinking outside the box.

Since I know you're just looking for an argument sit on this awhile....I am going to teach my children all about the possibility the planet was seeded by aliens all the while strongly encouraging them to be anti-abortion.:hammer:

talloulou said:
Oh good heavens Steen I'm not getting involved in a language war.
Then perhaps you can cease making false claims through flagrant misrepresentation in vocabulary?

You know what I meant and I already described what I meant. Comparing The Theory of Evolution with Creationism is like comparing apples and oranges and if you are going to do that my point was why not through in grapes as well.
Actually, it is like comparing apples and basket weaving.

For what it's worth though I'm positive there are still some questions regarding "evolution" with missing links and what not. It's not like we have traced every species all the way back to dust. We continue to fill in gaps to the evolution tree year after year but obviously it's not all 100% figured out yet. Or do you dare dispute this?????
Actually, most of the gaps are filled, and the Scientific Theory of Evolution axplains all of it quite well. Not having each individual fossil doesn't mean that the Scientific Theory of Evolution can't explain it.

Go ahead dispute it STEEN I dare you.....
No problemo....
:smash: :spank: :blastem: :hitsfan:

talloulou said:
Aaah Steen you are just obviously looking for some time consuming banter. :sword: I'd oblige but I'm currently trying to make dinner for my kids which I luckily didn't abort and but in your estimation abuse by encouraging imagination, open mindedness, and thinking outside the box.

Since I know you're just looking for an argument sit on this awhile....I am going to teach my children all about the possibility the planet was seeded by aliens all the while strongly encouraging them to be anti-abortion.:hammer:
Heh, that will leave my kids better chance at medical school, while yours pick up road kill :fueltofir :catapult:

steen said:
Heh, that will leave my kids better chance at medical school, while yours pick up road kill :fueltofir :catapult:

My kids are vegetarians so I highly doubt they would pick up road kill no matter how many mistakes I made raising them:catapult:

Science by definition is naturalistic. Therefore, a supernatural entity cannot be a variable in science. Even if Evolution was a horrible theory (which it is not) that had been completely refuted (which it has not being that it is the cornerstone of all life sciences), it still would not make creationism or any of its variants like intelligent design, scientific theories as they all rely on a supernatural variable.

The debate on this issue is that simple.

talloulou said:
My kids are vegetarians so I highly doubt they would pick up road kill no matter how many mistakes I made raising them:catapult:
:damn :surrender :sinking:

Kandahar said:
There's nothing that needs to be debated.

Evolution is a scientific theory with a few very minor flaws, none of which are filled with creationism. It is the cornerstone of modern biology and pharmacology, and has an overwhelming amount of evidence behind it.

Creationism is horseshit with NO evidence to support it.

Evolution can be tested with observation and experimentation. Creationism cannot. Therefore, creationism is not science. However, creationism is a valid teaching, but should be classified as the teaching of religion, not science.

Back
Top Bottom