• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Best Moments from MSNBC's "Apocalyptic Night"

That's where I got the inspiration for the following post I made on another thread:

OMG... After seeing several more clips from MSNBC's coverage last night, I have to amend my earlier post.

The network should be embarrassed and in a few instances, ashamed of some of the things they said and did last night... Not to mention what a disservice to the public it was, offering up that stacked deck of one sided liberal commentary and analysis.

Here are a some examples of what I'm talking about:

Chris Matthews asking Bachman "Are You Hypnotized" because he didn't like her responses. Then Olbermann and the MSNBC crew laughing their asses off twice during the interview, and then again after it was concluded.

Lawrence O'Donnell's long rant against Rand Paul, where he said that Paul is economically ignorant and that his principals could easily lead to world wide economic collapse... Yes, he really did say that.

Rachael Maddow attacked Republican Senator Dan Coats after his victory in Indiana and attacked the Tea Party's for supporting him, along with attacking other republican candidates. I thought what she said was inappropriate and bit childish

Then there was Chris Matthews and his "Call me Dick" comment about Dick Armey... That's professional news coverage for you.

Ed Shultz reporting live from John Boehner's victory rally, not only goes after Boehner for what he said in his speech, but toward the end of the segment turns around as says about Republicans "They're about power... I don't trust them." Another fine example of professional news coverage and reporting.

Keith Olberman sees the Tea Party's as radical and extreme, so he used his "Universal solvent" theory to attack them. It basically states that although they achieved positive results in this election, they still pose a very dangerous threat to the future of our political process and need to be put on a leash. The cast and crew on the set got a good chuckle out of it.

Olbermann also stated that Americans will sleep better tonight because Christine O'Donnell is not elected to the Senate.

You know, with the exception of Bill O'Reilly commenting on the Alan Grayson loss, I can't recall anyone on Fox engaging in any partisan attacks last night. Keep in mind, O'Reilly popped in for a brief 2 minute visit and was not part of the election coverage team... while all those mentioned at MSNBC, were a part of their election coverage.

Fox kept things on a very factual and professional level all night long, which probably explains why people turn to them for news instead of MSNBC... How far they have fallen.

Nobody watches MSNBC nowadays but just about a handfull of people. :)

I sometimes feel really sorry for the other cable news networks .... like last night when Fox News pulverized them in the ratings.

I sometimes feel really sorry for the other cable news networks .... like last night when Fox News pulverized them in the ratings.

Maybe I will do the same thing ONLY once in a while since I don't want to go to sleep while watching it. :)

How does one choose the best place to eat? One looks for the establishment with the most cars parked around it.

The best stores? Same thing.

People know a good thing when they see it, so they gravitate to it.

Same with FOX's ratings.

Oh my. The producers of Rachel Maddow's show have decided to add a laugh track to what she's saying. The laugh track is just random quiet laughter crescendoing to bigger laughter. However, they don't seem to understand that the big laughter should come after a "punch line", not in the middle of sentence that's isn't funny at all.

:doh I cringe, I cringe.

Here is a great highlight.

Last edited:
Here is a great highlight.

The fact you consider that clip a "great highlight" speaks volumes. It clearly displays your inability to make impartial judgments, or come to any conclusions that aren't based on your liberal ideology and/or tainted by political partisanship.

That was not intended as an insult or personal attack, so I hope it isn't taken as such. It was merely my honest evaluation of you based on what you have written on this forum.

Last edited:
The fact you consider that clip a "great highlight" speaks volumes. It clearly displays your inability to make impartial judgments, or come to any conclusions that aren't based on your liberal ideology and/or tainted by political partisanship.

That was not intended as an insult or personal attack, so I hope it isn't taken as such. It was merely my honest evaluation of you based on what you have written on this forum.
just ignore him, he's a troll. I doubt he is even liberal. Probably just some college kid who really doesn't give a ****, but just having fun being a blatant parasite of intelligence.

just ignore him, he's a troll. I doubt he is even liberal. Probably just some college kid who really doesn't give a ****, but just having fun being a blatant parasite of intelligence.

I always just considered him the left wing counterpart to the righties that spend time here.

I always just considered him the left wing counterpart to the righties that spend time here.
lol depends on which right. :lol: MAYBE you could compare him to navy, MAYBE.

He is a simple and faithful democrat. His only sin is buying into one side. At least he chose the lesser of two evils imho.
Seriously hes like Grim in a mirror.

So, you make an ad homonym attack on me, then you claim it wasn't intended to be one? I am confused. :confused:

Moderator's Warning:
Cease the personal attacks or action will be taken

How does one choose the best place to eat? One looks for the establishment with the most cars parked around it.

All of those cars are in the parking lot because they've been DUPED by the Koch Brothers into swallowing (literally) the CRAP that restaurant is giving out. Those customers are just STUPID. They're like DOGS that need to be DRAGGED to the other restaurants that are obviously better since there are barely ANY cars in the parking lot.

Have you seen their menus?? They're all colorful with many different choices.....disgusting! And their food presentations? Talk about sensationalism. They're just playing to their customers visual curiosity.

And did you hear they're now encouraging you to buy their $4 apple pie?? Disgraceful. Everyone knows that buying that apple pie is a scam.

Congress needs to get involved here and save those MORON customers from this FEAR-MONGERING restaurant.

(Oh, I could go on and on and on....) :)

Last edited:
So, you make an ad homonym attack on me, then you claim it wasn't intended to be one? I am confused. :confused:

He pretty much nailed where you're coming from. How can you possibly defend Matthews in that clip? Huh?

Back
Top Bottom