• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The best analysis for why Democrats are going to lose power.

Hint: It's NOT the messaging.
Clue: The messaging is still a huge part of it.
Dems treated that last election as if everything was on the line. Yet, when they gained power to enact change, they face planted.
If indeed the Democrats face planted - and that remains for the midterms to reveal - it isn't because they've tripped over their own shoes.

There are, in fact, some global crisis not of their design or making, and there is an opposition party to whom foiling the Democrat's good intentions is seen, quite myopically, as a much more important political objective then the very welfare and viability of our nation.

Yup. It will take a bit of explaining why Biden's agenda was sabotaged by two of our own.

Seen Biden's latest approval numbers?

Dems treated that last election as if everything was on the line. Yet, when they gained power to enact change, they face planted.

The Dems lost seats in the House in 2020 and clawed their way to a 50-50 Senate. Even so, if you can't see the differences from GOP governance, then I guess you deserve to endure it again.

Step 1: try to federally legalize weed

Step 2.a: if it passes, instantly gain massive popular support passing a bill even most Republicans agree with

Step 2.b: if it fails, make sure the public knows who’s fault it is for not being able to smoke weed. Campaign on needed more votes to get it through.

The Dems lost seats in the House in 2020 and clawed their way to a 50-50 Senate. Even so, if you can't see the differences from GOP governance, then I guess you deserve to endure it again.
i know crap , that 1.92 a gallon gas was hard to take!!

F*** republican governance!1 gimee my $5 gas!

Step 2.a: if it passes, instantly gain massive popular support passing a bill even most Republicans agree with

Step 2.b: if it fails, make sure the public knows who’s fault it is for not being able to smoke weed. Campaign on needed more votes to get it through.

images

Um, I can. That's why I've been sounding the alarm since forever that Dems need to DO something. Where have YOU been?

If Dems don't offer anything OTHER than not being the fascist party, they'll lose. Everything else is just an excuse.

Yup. It will take a bit of explaining why Biden's agenda was sabotaged by two of our own.

That played a very small part since only a few bills could possibly have been passed (in the Senate) using reconciliation. The major fail was in thinking that FDR-like magnitude policy changes were remotely possible with only a small majority margin in the House and a 50/50 Senate “majority”.

Most of Biden’s blunders were the result of executive actions (or inactions), but the blame will likely be transferred to (shared by?) other demorat candidates.

Clue: The messaging is still a huge part of it.

Unfortunately, Dems don't just suck at politics, they also suck at messaging. What very little they accomplished doesn't actually mean anything to voters.

If indeed the Democrats face planted - and that remains for the midterms to reveal - it isn't because they've tripped over their own shoes.

Of course it is.

Biden promised student debt relief: FAIL.

Biden promised police reform: FAIL.

Biden promised voting rights: FAIL.

Biden promised Child Tax Credit extensions: FAIL.

Build Back Better: FAIL.

Minimum Wage: FAIL.

If two senators can sabotage your agenda, that's a failure in leadership, and not a winning message to elect more Democrats. Biden was PRAISING Manchin and Sinema while they were mocking him behind his back. Apparently Manchin was WAITING to see the consequences for Sinema before he tanked BBB. There were none, so he tanked it. Dem leadership endorsed an anti-abortion pro-Trump democrat because they hate progressives interfering with their corporate agenda.

It's a failure of Democrats on virtually every level.

Make a minimal effort to clean up your own house before you ask voters for power. Again.

Too many voters expect POTUS and Congress to get items passed on their fickle time table. The reality is that the system was designed to be slow and methodical. It’s one reason among many why the Presidents party loses seats and/or majorities in Congress. Now add the filibuster to the mix and we wonder the majority party in Congress cannot do enough.

Yup. Tell em who would lock em up for firing up a bowl

Too many voters expect POTUS and Congress to get items passed on their fickle time table. The reality is that the system was designed to be slow and methodical. It’s one reason among many why the Presidents party loses seats and/or majorities in Congress. Now add the filibuster to the mix and we wonder the majority party in Congress cannot do enough.

Meanwhile Republicans, a minority party, run roughshod over the entire country.

Do you know who I blame? The Great Senate Parliamentarian. Dems can't do anything because an unelected advisor with no power says they can't.

Are you under the false impression that the majority of Democratic politicians aren't corporate conservatives?

Because American's are absolute ****ing morons and those idiots deserve the shit this country has turned into. go back to do nothing republicans who will rack up more deficit giving rich people tax breaks and block any meaningful legislation.

all the issue this country is facing they whine about, and what do republicans do?
1. Anti abortion
2. Anti gay
3. Anti- trans
4. making voting harder

Yeah, the answer is to go back to republican Taliban who are the ones blocking all those things on the list

Republican run on nothing but hate and fear mongering. Yeah, lets go back to them who have no platform but to pander to racists deplorables

If two senators can sabotage your agenda, that's a failure in leadership, and not a winning message to elect more Democrats.

"We have the same number of Senators as the GOP" is a pretty solid argument that we need more Dems if you want Dem things to pass.

Of course not. There are like 6 progressive Dems holding the line. That's not enough.

There are 96 House Representatives and one Senator in the Progressive Caucus. I know that even most of them hold conservative views. The corporate "centrist" conservative Democrats will prevent progressive policies, as best they can.

You don't know anything. You contribute nothing.

I contribute reality. Something the Democrats aren't dealing with.
But continue. The more voters you lose, the better.

"We have the same number of Senators as the GOP" is a pretty solid argument that we need more Dems if you want Dem things to pass.

Dems had super majorities in the House and Senate in 2008. What was passed? Republican healthcare reform.

If you're saying Dems need to elect more progressives, that's an argument. That's not remotely on the Democratic agenda. If it's not Manchin or Sinema, there's a ton of Dems waiting to sabotage their own agenda.

I contribute reality. Something the Democrats aren't dealing with.
But continue. The more voters you lose, the better.

If your fascist utopia comes, you'll be among the first to fail in it. Just saying.

Meanwhile Republicans, a minority party, run roughshod over the entire country.

Do you know who I blame? The Great Senate Parliamentarian. Dems can't do anything because an unelected advisor with no power says they can't.
Republicans are not gonna quit doing what works for them. We must change and get out of defensive and go on the offensive.

Who is the great Senate Parliamentarian?

Back
Top Bottom