• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Beginning of the End

If journalism is based on the notion that I should believe the internet or TV just because someone said it, no source, then yes journslism needs to go. Replace it with objective reporting and verifyable sources.

Your free to believe or not believe. What I think your forgetting is the most important thing in journalism, which keeps journalists from having to give up their cookies at every turn. It's called, CREDIBILITY.

Your free to believe or not believe. What I think your forgetting is the most important thing in journalism, which keeps journalists from having to give up their cookies at every turn. It's called, CREDIBILITY.
Accepting something as true without evidence is called religion.

Accepting something as true without evidence is called religion.

Well, you keep waiting for your proofs, as the world keeps turning...

Well, you keep waiting for your proofs, as the world keeps turning...
...implying I stopped to wait in the first place....

If a "jurnalist" does not have a verifyable source, that jurnalist is lying. There's nothing to wait on.

"Sourses say" God is real, and so therefore you have no choice but to embrace that as true because I just claimed to have a source....whom I of course don't have to tell you about, you just have to believe me.

...implying I stopped to wait in the first place....

If a "jurnalist" does not have a verifyable source, that jurnalist is lying. There's nothing to wait on.

and you miss point that some sources choose to remain anonymous. Most do. Whistleblowers don't fare well I'm afraid...

and you miss point that some sources choose to remain anonymous.
I don't give a ****. If you don't want people to know who you are then you have nothing to say.

Whistleblowers don't fare well I'm afraid...
That's part of the choice to blow the whistle. When you decide to nark out your employer, you're saying that the situation is so bad that you don't just want to work somewhere else, but you want to nuke everyone else's job in the process. The ultimate rage quit.

For example, when PFC Manning chose to post clasified material online, he was making the choice to go to prison. He was saying that what he saw was so bad that exposing it was worth his freedom. He was right, it was, and he did us a favor with his sacrifice. But now the deed is don and its time to serve the sentence, not bitch up.

See you just think everyone will reach the same conclusion as you do, that when we don't agree its because we don't have all the information. That's bull****. That's arrogence. I didn't miss a damn thing. It just doesn't matter that the source doesn't want to be known. It does not matter. Not at all. If you don't want everyone googling your **** then keep your mouth shut.

As for the junslist, if they don't source their **** then they're lying. When you make a statment, you either have a credable sorce free for everyone to validate, or you're full of ****.

Last edited:
I don't give a ****. If you don't want people to know who you are then you have nothing to say.

so you don't believe in transparent government. Got it.

That's part of the choice to blow the whistle. When you decide to nark out your employer, you're saying that the situation is so bad that you don't just want to work somewhere else, but you want to nuke everyone else's job in the process. The ultimate rage quit.

That's it, it isn't about righting a wrong, couldn't possible be that, it just has to be spite...

For example, when PFC Manning chose to post clasified material online, he was making the choice to go to prison. He was saying that what he saw was so bad that exposing it was worth his freedom. He was right, it was, and he did us a favor with his sacrifice. But now the deed is don and its time to serve the sentence, not bitch up.

No good deed goes unpunished with you, eh? OK
See you just think everyone will reach the same conclusion as you do, that when we don't agree its because we don't have all the information. That's bull****. That's arrogence. I didn't miss a damn thing. It just doesn't matter that the source doesn't want to be known. It does not matter. Not at all. If you don't want everyone googling your **** then keep your mouth shut.

I wasn't question your intelligence, more so your sanity. I was baffled at the inexplicable reason you would want the government defining and by extension controlling who has the right to gather, receive, and distribute information...

As for the junslist, if they don't source their **** then they're lying. When you make a statment, you either have a credable sorce free for everyone to validate, or you're full of ****.

Again journalist standards :)lamo I know, right?) Usually require confirmation by 2 parties. The reason you read or watch this outlet or that one is because you've determined their credibility.

Again journalist standards :)lamo I know, right?) Usually require confirmation by 2 parties. The reason you read or watch this outlet or that one is because you've determined their credibility.
That's called religion. Accepting something as true without evidence.

Only a fool would believe what you say today simply because you were right on something else last week. No. Every claim is subject to validation. No source means that person is lying.

Only a fool would believe what you say today simply because you were right on something else last week. No. Every claim is subject to validation. No source means that person is lying.

and I thought I was unnaturally suspicious of people... :shock:

If journalism is based on the notion that I should believe the internet or TV just because someone said it, no source, then yes journalism needs to go. Replace it with objective reporting and verifiable sources.

There is no such thing as objective reporting though. Bias is always a cause for concern and will always be around.

There is no such thing as objective reporting though. Bias is always a cause for concern and will always be around.
Bias and partizenship is perfectly fine. That just means you took a side on an issue. Jurnalists don't have to be objective, just transperant, same as any argument we make here. If you make a claim then you need to provide a source for it, and that source will be checked for credability and content.

No sourse = no claim.

Back
Top Bottom