• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bash McDonald's Thread

See, regarding normal food, McDonald's french fried "don't decompose".

There's a major difference between a home-made frie decomposing fter a month and a McDonald's frie still having not decomposed after 18 years.

Semantics and split hairs aside, you (general) know what I mean.

It's because of their anaerobic environment - just like a fruit cake.

If there is a Japanese,Korean or Asian grocery store in town you should really try some of the instant noodles they may have.

These are my favorite.

Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles
Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles | THE RAMEN RATER

Mama, Instant Pork Noodles
Mama brand instant pork noodles, available online from ImportFood.com

Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles
Dave's Cupboard: Ramen Review 4: Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles

WAI WAI brand instant noodles Sour Soup flavor
Wai Wai Sour Soup Noodles | Ramen-O-Rama

Paldo's Dosirac Instant Noodle, beef flavor
The Noodle Freak: Review: Paldo Dosirac Instant Noodle - Beef

An Sung Tang Myun spicy noodle
#029 NONGSHIM An Sung Tang Myun Hot & Spicy Noodle Soup at GoGo noodles

Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein
#073 Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein at GoGo noodles

Nong Shim Shin Ramyun
Ramen Butterfly: Nong Shim Shin Ramyun

Thanks. Some of those sound really good :) None of those markets around here but I may have to break down and try a few from Amazon.

I find it fascinating how you seem to have something topical happen right in your neighborhood in so many discussions.
Two million yrs of experience will do that to a body. ;-D I found the FF during the summer 9 yrs ago. I know exactly when my aunt entered the nursing home because one of my grandchildren was born the next day.

I look for things in my personal environment to check the effect of things going on in the world. Banking is on the minds of many of my friends right now because the two most popular banks made changes. The older people are upset about the changes in CD fees and my young adult grandkids are upset over checking and debit fee changes. I live in an area where there are Tea party meets a lot and Ron Paul has a good following. We have had two OWS events already.

And when the election really gets going I will be doing my 'polling in the pool'. I attend water aerobics classes all over my area (go to wherever one meets when I have the time). As a result, I get quite a bit of exposure to a variety of people. I've correctly predicted the outcome of the last four prez elections by 'polling in the pool'.

Last edited:
If there is a Wendy's or Arby's within driving distance, you will never catch my ass inside a McDonalds.

If there is a Wendy's or Arby's within driving distance, you will never catch my ass inside a McDonalds.
can't fit in their doorways, eh?

too bad

when you criticize greasy mac while citing a desire for arby's, you need to realize that kills any credibility you may have had coming into the thread

Lately I've become a fan of Chik Fil-A. Good food, fresh veggies, young attractive employees always being pleasant, and they even hire landscapers and build a waterfall at the one here.

If only the owners religiousity didn't prevent me from having it on Sundays.

Arby's is the worst of the worst. Their roast "beef" is just brown mush

Unless they have changed the way they do things? They bring in full beef to cook in ovens ever morn. around 6 AM. You are getting real roast beef as they slice it as they go.

I love Arbys:)

If there is a Japanese,Korean or Asian grocery store in town you should really try some of the instant noodles they may have.

These are my favorite.

Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles
Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles | THE RAMEN RATER

Mama, Instant Pork Noodles
Mama brand instant pork noodles, available online from ImportFood.com

Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles
Dave's Cupboard: Ramen Review 4: Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles

WAI WAI brand instant noodles Sour Soup flavor
Wai Wai Sour Soup Noodles | Ramen-O-Rama

Paldo's Dosirac Instant Noodle, beef flavor
The Noodle Freak: Review: Paldo Dosirac Instant Noodle - Beef

An Sung Tang Myun spicy noodle
#029 NONGSHIM An Sung Tang Myun Hot & Spicy Noodle Soup at GoGo noodles

Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein
#073 Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein at GoGo noodles

Nong Shim Shin Ramyun
Ramen Butterfly: Nong Shim Shin Ramyun

you omitted my favorite: rice noodles
Tomoshiraga Somen

asian food is so easy to prepare, it's a shame to buy the prepackaged stuff
rice/noodles, most any vegetables, some meat, five spice powder, soy and a (steel) wok and you can make LOTS of great meals

add favorite herbs/spices, a bottle mirin and one of fish sauce and you exponentially expand the potential array of wonderful dishes

a rice maker only makes it easier

with those few items you can eat far better for the same expense of pre-packaged

Arby's is the worst of the worst. Their roast "beef" is just brown mush

Haha - their 5 for 5 was the bomb - with cheese . .. mmm - all mushy and smushy and messy.

the best!

you omitted my favorite: rice noodles
Tomoshiraga Somen

asian food is so easy to prepare, it's a shame to buy the prepackaged stuff
rice/noodles, most any vegetables, some meat, five spice powder, soy and a (steel) wok and you can make LOTS of great meals

add favorite herbs/spices, a bottle mirin and one of fish sauce and you exponentially expand the potential array of wonderful dishes

a rice maker only makes it easier

with those few items you can eat far better for the same expense of pre-packaged

I do not eat instant noodles out of laziness or inability to cook. I can cook and I am not lazy when it comes to cooking. I eat instant noodles because I love the taste of them. Just like I love the taste of almost any fast food burger just as much as I love the taste of any restaurant /burger stand or home made burger. It mostly depends on what I am in the mood for.

Some of these are my favorite easy Asian recipes.
http://delectablehodgepodge.com/recipes/napolitan.html
http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1826,152178-226192,00.html

This recipe works with ground pork or a very bland pork sausage.
http://japanesefood.about.com/od/ricebowl/r/chickensoboro.htm

http://japanesefood.about.com/od/beef/r/gyudon.htm

Last edited:
I do not eat instant noodles out of laziness or inability to cook. I can cook and I am not lazy when it comes to cooking. I eat instant noodles because I love the taste of them. Just like I love the taste of almost any fast food burger just as much as I love the taste of any restaurant /burger stand or home made burger. It mostly depends on what I am in the mood for.

Some of these are my favorite easy recipes.
Spaghetti Napolitan Recipe - The Delectable Hodgepodge
Cooks.com - Recipe - Bulgogi (Korean Barbecue)
Chicken soboro donburi
Gyudon

Why do you tempt me like this?:mrgreen:

That made my blood pressure go through the roof

but it was good baby :lol:

As far as most people are concerned you live only once so you might as well enjoy life as much as possible. To some people that means eating food they love, to others it means sky diving or some other crazy ****,some its traveling and some its a combination of those or other things.

Last edited:

Ahh. OK. Here they just have the Value Menu but have noticed they went up on the prices on the Value Menu on somethings. Example is they used to have their Jr. Bacon Cheddar Melt for .99. Now it like $1.29 or something like that. Same w/ Jr Cheddar melt it is now $1.09.

I can still get the Jr. Roast Beef, Jr Ham and Swiss, small Mocha Shake,turnovers, etc. for $1. Oh now that I am thinking about it? They changed their value pot. cakes and up the price 10 cents too.

I just usually get a Reg. Roast beef w/cheddar. pot. cakes with a small cup of cheddar to dip into. and a Shake:)

BTW, they did do a sale a while back where you could get 2 Beef & Cheddar for $5 and I so was all over that:shock::2razz:

Last edited:
I for one love Burger King, and their hot fries & onion rings. All of their burgers are the best, imho.

It's been 9 months. I'm craving at least a little fast food.

I'll slit throats for some General Tsao chicken. Every time I hit the local Chinese buffet, I get me a to-go styrofoam container and jam-pack that thing with GT chicken. Throw in some sauteed mushrooms, beef and broccoli, and that meat-on-a-stick stuff and that's lunch AND dinner for me.

ı suggest you go to the restaurants in which local meals and handmade meals are servep up..more healthy and more cool.

Chinese restuarants are awesome. However, Japanese sushi, namely Nigiri with Gari is the kind of food I prefer. Would like to try some Toro---fatty tuna---sushi in the future.

ı usually like grilled fishes green vegetables spicy chickens.

I've had sushi twice before. Once I liked it, once I didn't. The first time was from my boss a long time ago. She lived a couple years in Tokyo and learned how to do it out there. She made some homemade sushi and brought it in to work one day. I figured what the hell, and tried it. Was okay. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

The second time was at a Chinese restaurant that had a sushi tray and Mongolian BBQ in back. That stuff was awful.

Back
Top Bottom