• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bash McDonald's Thread

Fast food is also full of soy products.

McDonalds has stepped up their game lately. Like Dominoes, their food actually tastes better.

However, so long as there is a Five Guys and I have the money I cannot imagine being a McDonalds customer.

I just ate lunch there (drive through). 1 Mocha Shake, 1 double quarter-pounder with cheese, and 1 small fry = $8.79. Now I don't feel so good. I go there very seldom and usually order a fish fillet sandwich, or two.

I composed a retro jingle for them while driving back to work:

"McDonald's ain't my kind of place
It's such a nasty place
The employees are pimply faced
There's grease all over the place
McDonald's aint my kind of place"

I just ate lunch there (drive through). 1 Mocha Shake, 1 double quarter-pounder with cheese, and 1 small fry = $8.79. Now I don't feel so good. I go there very seldom and usually order a fish fillet sandwich, or two.

I composed a retro jingle for them while driving back to work:

"McDonald's ain't my kind of place
It's such a nasty place
The employees are pimply faced
There's grease all over the place
McDonald's aint my kind of place"

I could have made that lunch for two or three people for less than that price, and mine tastes better. I use real cheese

...has anyone here watched that movie "Supersize Me"?

Found that movie to be very interesting.

Did you know that McDonald's fries DON'T DECOMPOSE?

Um, OK.

Just read his argument.

He doesn't refute the point that McDonald's fried DON'T DECOMPOSE.

That is the only point, not about whether the stomach does or doesn't break down the fries.

The point still stands.

I know that many people are wondering why the fries don’t get moldy, as well as why the fries from another restaurant that he puts in another jar do. It has to do with how they are prepared.

Your own source recognizes that the fries don't decompose. THEY DON'T DECOMPOSE. That is the ONLY point I was making.

Last edited:
Um, OK.

Just read his argument.

He doesn't refute the point that McDonald's fried DON'T DECOMPOSE.

That is the only point, not about whether the stomach does or doesn't break down the fries.

The point still stands.

McDonald's french fries do indeed decompose, but slower than one would think due to the oil & salt content.

any other suggestion is ignorant & pathetic.

McDonald's french fries do indeed decompose, but slower than one would think due to the oil & salt content.

any other suggestion is ignorant & pathetic.

Obviously, everything decomposes, but the argument is that the McDonald's fries decompose at a much slower rate.

When I said they don't decompose, I mean that they don't decompose nearly as quickly as other foods.

this is a wonderful example of moving the goalposts.

I admitted that I erred a bit in what I meant and what I said.

Obviously, everything, in time, decomposes.

I'm not sure just how long a McD's french fry takes to decompose. While helping clean up my maiden aunt's house before listing it for sale, I found a half-eaten bag of McD's FF behind a locked crawl space door. The house had been vacant for about 18 years (she was in a nursing home). Except for a lot of dust on them, they looked like they had been bought the day before. Not sure what they use to preserve those.

I'm not sure just how long a McD's french fry takes to decompose. While helping clean up my maiden aunt's house before listing it for sale, I found a half-eaten bag of McD's FF behind a locked crawl space door. The house had been vacant for about 18 years (she was in a nursing home). Except for a lot of dust on them, they looked like they had been bought the day before. Not sure what they use to preserve those.

See, regarding normal food, McDonald's french fried "don't decompose".

There's a major difference between a home-made frie decomposing fter a month and a McDonald's frie still having not decomposed after 18 years.

Semantics and split hairs aside, you (general) know what I mean.

See, regarding normal food, McDonald's french fried "don't decompose".

There's a major difference between a home-made frie decomposing fter a month and a McDonald's frie still having not decomposed after 18 years....

any evidence that MdD's french fries will not decompose after 18 years?

any evidence that MdD's french fries will not decompose after 18 years?

Nice try, but that's not what I said.

Are you calling her a liar?

...has anyone here watched that movie "Supersize Me"?

Found that movie to be very interesting.

Did you know that McDonald's fries DON'T DECOMPOSE?

I was right McDonald's Bashers did ignore these facts.
http://www.debatepolitics.com/food/109973-bash-mcdonalds-thread-3.html#post1059858097
The Myth of the Non-Decomposing McDonald’s Hamburger « The Skeptical Teacher
So folks, the bottom line is that McDonald’s food behaves just like any other kind of food. If you let it dry out, it won’t rot; if you keep it moist so that bacteria & mold can grow on it, it will rot.

The Burger Lab: Revisiting the Myth of The 12-Year Old McDonald's Burger That Just Won't Rot (Testing Results!) | A Hamburger Today
So there we have it! Pretty strong evidence in favor of Theory 3: the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth. Of course, that the meat is pretty much sterile to begin with due to the high cooking temperature helps things along as well. It's not really surprising. Humans have known about this phenomenon for thousands of years. After all, how do you think beef jerky is made?

Last edited:

I find it fascinating how you seem to have something topical happen right in your neighborhood in so many discussions.

I find it fascinating how you seem to have something topical happen right in your neighborhood in so many discussions.

dude, how many people haven't been cleaning out their car and found a mickey D's fry under the seat that has been there for years that looks the same as it did the day they dropped it?

dude, how many people haven't been cleaning out their car and found a mickey D's fry under the seat that has been there for years that looks the same as it did the day they dropped it?

I never have. I've found some dried up nasty things but I just noted how fascinated I was in how she has a local topical something to add in so many threads. Pretty fascinating wouldn't you say?

most normal people don't have such things happen to them.

I never have. I've found some dried up nasty things but I just noted how fascinated I was in how she has a local topical something to add in so many threads. Pretty fascinating wouldn't you say?

never really bothered to pay that much attention

Back
Top Bottom