• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bash McDonald's Thread

I really don't think McDonalds should be in the Food forum, they're two completely different subjects.
More appropriate would be the Abortion or 'Where's my Beefy' section.

Yikes! The actual article talks about a Utube video showing a guy's basement where he's set up the McDonald's Museum -- with undecomposed hamburgers and buns since the late '80'.

The reason it won't rot is because any food that dries out quickly will not have moister in it to grow mold and the patty is already sterile due to the high cooking temperatures.

I am sure the McDonald's Bashers will ignore these facts.

The Myth of the Non-Decomposing McDonald’s Hamburger « The Skeptical Teacher
So folks, the bottom line is that McDonald’s food behaves just like any other kind of food. If you let it dry out, it won’t rot; if you keep it moist so that bacteria & mold can grow on it, it will rot.

The Burger Lab: Revisiting the Myth of The 12-Year Old McDonald's Burger That Just Won't Rot (Testing Results!) | A Hamburger Today
So there we have it! Pretty strong evidence in favor of Theory 3: the burger doesn't rot because it's small size and relatively large surface area help it to lose moisture very fast. Without moisture, there's no mold or bacterial growth. Of course, that the meat is pretty much sterile to begin with due to the high cooking temperature helps things along as well. It's not really surprising. Humans have known about this phenomenon for thousands of years. After all, how do you think beef jerky is made?

Fact: 100% beef is the name of the company that makes mcdonalds hamburger wrappers.

Fact: all mcdonalds food contains ingredients that are in the GRAS(generally regarded as safe) category.

Fact : mcdonalds chicken mcnuggets (in countries where the substance is not illegal in food ) contain an anti-foaming agent that is a derivative of silicone.

Fact: no two countries with mcdonalds have ever been at war with each other (there was almost an exception, but mcdonalds closed it's doors in the losing country prior to the fighting)

Fact: it takes 14 different chemicals and preservatives to maintain the taste color and texture of mcdonalds lettuce (ditto at subway)

There are more I'm sure, oh and the burgers really are all beef, but should not be called 100% beef because of the amount of chemicals/ preservatives added to ensure that the burger tastes the same in All mcdonalds world wide.

I'm not loving it, at best I like it as a friend that I keep around because they owe me money, and I hope they'll pay it back someday.

Do you have any credible links to back up these claims?

You need to worry about the sodium content of those spice packs you add to the ramen noodles over the noodles themselves. The stuff (MSG's,sodium, etc) in those little silver packets are not good for you at all. I usually only use like less than a half of the little season packs.

Especially if he is eating this kind. now keep in mind that most packs are Ramen are actually two servings or 2.5 servings. So the 1050 mg of sodium would be 2100 mg of sodium.
Ramen Noodles - Nong Shim - Nong Shim Shin Ramyun 4.2 oz | AsianFoodGrocer.com, Shirataki Noodles, Miso Soup
Sodium 1050 mg 44 %

90074-nong-shim-shin-ramen-lg.jpg

The Bowls have more sodium.
http://www.asianfoodgrocer.com/product/nong-shim-shin-bowl-noodle-soup-3-oz
Sodium 1236 mg 52 %

90042-nong-shim-shin-bowl-noodle-soup-lg.jpg

Last edited:
McDonalds gets a bad wrap, but tis good in a pinch.

I love McNuggets... but i never call them Chicken McNuggets, because i'm not sure they are made of actual chicken.
whatever semi-meat byproduct, or meat-like paste they put in those suckers sure is mmm mmm good.

the fries are good when hot and fresh... but taste like salty cardboard after a few minutes of cooling.

i eat McD's about once every 6 weeks or so... McNuggets are my evil reward after sticking to my whole foods diet i've been on for a year.

and yeah... McD's food tends to produce glorious bowel movements.

Ramen noodles are absolutely horrible for you.... based on sodium content alone.

it's better just to stab yourself in the heart and get it over with than to eat those nasty things.

Fact: 100% beef is the name of the company that makes mcdonalds hamburger wrappers.

Not a fact: snopes.com: McDonald's 100% Beef
Fact: all mcdonalds food contains ingredients that are in the GRAS(generally regarded as safe) category.

Actually a fact, all food with any sort of additive is in the GRAS category: Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)
Fact : mcdonalds chicken mcnuggets (in countries where the substance is not illegal in food ) contain an anti-foaming agent that is a derivative of silicone.
Kinda fact, it does use a derivative of silicon, but the derivative (Polydimethylsiloxane) is not banned anywhere as a food additive.
Fact: no two countries with mcdonalds have ever been at war with each other (there was almost an exception, but mcdonalds closed it's doors in the losing country prior to the fighting)

Not a fact, the Lebanon and Israel (fought in 2006) both have McDonalds, as do Georgia and Russia (in 2008).
Fact: it takes 14 different chemicals and preservatives to maintain the taste color and texture of mcdonalds lettuce (ditto at subway)

Having seen McDonalds lettuce, I'm calling bull****, it has no taste.
There are more I'm sure, oh and the burgers really are all beef, but should not be called 100% beef because of the amount of chemicals/ preservatives added to ensure that the burger tastes the same in All mcdonalds world wide.

They use 100% beef, no other meat, so it is accurate. Plus the additives would more than likely make up less than 1% of it anyway.

I suppose I should apologise for defending 'em in this thread, but there's plenty to bash them about without making it up.

Last edited:
Ramen noodles are absolutely horrible for you.... based on sodium content alone.

it's better just to stab yourself in the heart and get it over with than to eat those nasty things.

If they weren't bad for you then they wouldn't taste good. They tried making healthier ramen many years ago, the noodles were flat and they did not taste good at all.

I love McNuggets... but i never call them Chicken McNuggets, because i'm not sure they are made of actual chicken.
whatever semi-meat byproduct, or meat-like paste they put in those suckers sure is mmm mmm good.

the fries are good when hot and fresh... but taste like salty cardboard after a few minutes of cooling.

i eat McD's about once every 6 weeks or so... McNuggets are my evil reward after sticking to my whole foods diet i've been on for a year.

and yeah... McD's food tends to produce glorious bowel movements.

I am sure they are made of chicken. I call them chicken mctesticles. LOL.

I love McD's - I don't eat it frequently but when I learned how to make big-mac sauce I died and went to heaven - and fix it often

1/2 C mayo
2 T french dressing
4 t sweet pickle relish
1 T minced white onion
1 t white vinegar
1 t sugar
1/8 t salt

Mix - voila.

All hail the might big mac sauce from which happiness flows and smiles form.

My wife and I havent bought a thing in MickieDs in at least 20 yrs except an occaisional coffee...McDs sells garbage the beef is box beef processed at the big corporate processing plants...Not only dont I trust their ingredients I dont trust the people slappin it all together...

If they weren't bad for you then they wouldn't taste good. They tried making healthier ramen many years ago, the noodles were flat and they did not taste good at all.

I love the chicken flavor Ramen noodles. The plain ones without veggies or anything. I also am bad to drain the liquid after cooking and just eat the noodles. No need for the broth once I have my noodles cooked and sometimes crunch on the noodles raw:2razz:

When working, we can go through the McDonalds drive-thru and get their food for half price if we so wish. I've never taken them up on their offer. It could be free and i'd still never eat there. Nasty stuff.

I love the chicken flavor Ramen noodles. The plain ones without veggies or anything. I also am bad to drain the liquid after cooking and just eat the noodles. No need for the broth once I have my noodles cooked and sometimes crunch on the noodles raw:2razz:

If there is a Japanese,Korean or Asian grocery store in town you should really try some of the instant noodles they may have.

These are my favorite.

Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles
Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles | THE RAMEN RATER

Mama, Instant Pork Noodles
Mama brand instant pork noodles, available online from ImportFood.com

Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles
Dave's Cupboard: Ramen Review 4: Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles

WAI WAI brand instant noodles Sour Soup flavor
Wai Wai Sour Soup Noodles | Ramen-O-Rama

Paldo's Dosirac Instant Noodle, beef flavor
The Noodle Freak: Review: Paldo Dosirac Instant Noodle - Beef

An Sung Tang Myun spicy noodle
#029 NONGSHIM An Sung Tang Myun Hot & Spicy Noodle Soup at GoGo noodles

Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein
#073 Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein at GoGo noodles

Nong Shim Shin Ramyun
Ramen Butterfly: Nong Shim Shin Ramyun

If there is a Japanese,Korean or Asian grocery store in town you should really try some of the instant noodles they may have.

These are my favorite.

Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles
Mama Mi Goreng Oriental Style Instant Noodles | THE RAMEN RATER

Mama, Instant Pork Noodles
Mama brand instant pork noodles, available online from ImportFood.com

Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles
Dave's Cupboard: Ramen Review 4: Fashion Food Oriental Flavor Instant Noodles

WAI WAI brand instant noodles Sour Soup flavor
Wai Wai Sour Soup Noodles | Ramen-O-Rama

Paldo's Dosirac Instant Noodle, beef flavor
The Noodle Freak: Review: Paldo Dosirac Instant Noodle - Beef

An Sung Tang Myun spicy noodle
#029 NONGSHIM An Sung Tang Myun Hot & Spicy Noodle Soup at GoGo noodles

Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein
#073 Sapporo Ichiban Japanese Style Noodles Chow Mein at GoGo noodles

Nong Shim Shin Ramyun
Ramen Butterfly: Nong Shim Shin Ramyun

sodium is not necessarily bad for you. i eat all the salt i want.......have very low blood pressure.

contrarian Helix here will submit that he enjoys mcdonalds from time to time. however, since losing a great deal of weight years ago, i don't eat there much. eating there regularly is a good way to pick up weight fast.

everything in moderation, even moderation, i suppose.

Haven't eaten fast food in 8 months. Good riddance.

Still crave a double quarter pounder with cheese, though. *Forbidden*

TODAYS TIMES......THANK GOD FOR MC DONALDS....WITH SO MANY PEOPLE THAT CANNOT AFFORD TO EAT AT HIGH PRICED RESTAURANTS. AND WITH THE PRICE OF FOODS HITTING THE CIELING. MC DONALDS IS ONE PLACE THAT MAKES IT AFFORDABLE.

JUST WAIT...... VERY SOON THERE WILL BE A NATIONWIDE FOOD SHORTAGE. AND WHEN ALL RESTAURANTS START CLOSEING DOWN....BETTER HOPE MC DONALDS IS STILL AROUND.

fact

Any time I need a good bowel movement, I head to Mickey D's.

if you are constipated, eat a Big Mac. within 15 minutes you will have the screaming ****s. pretty sure that "ex-lax" is one of the main ingredients of their special sauce.

Do you have any credible links to back up these claims?

Actually, when I was younger, I was sick of hearing all the rumors about what was going on at mcdonalds, so I took a job there and did some research on what I was finding.

Now, I'm not going to go and source each individual ingredient and explain it in detail.
But, to start go to http://www.mcdonalds.ca/pdfs/IngredientFactsEN.pdf
and look at the ingredients... THEN, you go in and either look up the MSDS on that product, OR you look at the GRAS list, you'd be surprised... The problem is that once you start doing this research, it's NOT JUST MCDONALDS!!!! It's EVERYTHING.

After that experience of about 6 months worth, I did something that I knew would get me fired... I tried to get a union started, and suddenly, I wasn't "up to mcdonalds standards" once the management found out it was me. It was funny once I'd hear others talking about it and actually debating the managers... but after that experience, I was not really able to look at food the same way.

Then while you're in the PDF search "dimethylpolysiloxane", which is an ingredient in silly puddy... you'll find the hashbrowns, french fries, and noodles contain that particular ingredient.

I was only wrong about the company 100% beef it seems... because that was a registered slogan previously, that I guess I saw it as verifying what I had been told. BUT, what I was saying about the beef is still accurate, because the beef is straight beef, but the "spices" used contain the "GRAS" ingredients (also, that ANY big name restaurant is getting beef that's been injected with everything that they can to maximize the growth of the cows, and I don't think the FDA would recognize the treatment of an animal as having any impact on the nutritional value of the animal.)

Seriously, though, it's almost like the "joke" where, non-organic food is so cheap because it's mostly all a little toxic, and organic food is so expensive because they know that the other guys are selling toxic ****.

Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS)
Now, nevermind that everyone knows that eating a burger and fries is not healthy... that'd be bad enough. Do you feel that the "innocent until proven guilty" is a worth while measure in examining foods?? Cause that's what the GRAS standard represents.

mickey d's....mmmmm yummy.....double cheesy burger and an unsweetened large iced tea please!!

What did it for me was when a friend pointed out that McD's hamburgers can be bent without breaking

I don't know about the rest of you, but in my world, hamburgers are not supposed to be flexible

if you are constipated, eat a Big Mac. within 15 minutes you will have the screaming ****s. pretty sure that "ex-lax" is one of the main ingredients of their special sauce.

White Castle is more effective. No one can digest those properly

mickey d's....mmmmm yummy.....double cheesy burger and an unsweetened large iced tea please!!

I love the iced mocha frappes, those things are basically like a liquid candy bar but better.

Back
Top Bottom