• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The banning of contraception has already begun in certain states!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Many have said that banning abortion was just the beginning and it seems they were right. The GOP in Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas and Idaho have all been discussing either banning some kinds of contraception or banning it totally. If you want a link, look it up, I did and there are several articles talking about the GOP and its plans to ban some or all contraception in their states. I suspect that the SCOTUS will go along with these bans as well.

Many have said that banning abortion was just the beginning and it seems they were right. The GOP in Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas and Idaho have all been discussing either banning some kinds of contraception or banning it totally. If you want a link, look it up, I did and there are several articles talking about the GOP and its plans to ban some or all contraception in their states. I suspect that the SCOTUS will go along with these bans as well.

Beg pardon, but this is YOUR thread. YOUR issue of the moment.

It is for you to provide support for your premise.

Otherwise, you are presenting a position based on facts not in evidence. Why would you presume that "everyone knows" just because YOU know something?

Or that your "knowledge" is factual and unbiased? In truth, I don't know this is true.

Present evidence which can be examined. Don't expect others to do the work for you.

Otherwise, you are presenting a position based on facts not in evidence. Why would you presume that "everyone knows" just because YOU know something?

Or that your "knowledge" is factual and unbiased? In truth, I don't know this is true.

Present evidence which can be examined. Don't expect others to do the work for you.
I guess I am just tired of people who do not provide links, asking me for links, when I ask them they fail to do so.
Here are just a few of what I found

I guess I am just tired of people who do not provide links, asking me for links, when I ask them they fail to do so.

This person isn't an elected official, they have as much power to ban contraception as you do

This person isn't an elected official, they have as much power to ban contraception as you do

Agreed. 2 of the precedents that RvW is based on decided that. But hey...it seems that 'settled law' isnt so 'settled' anymore.

Griswold v. Connecticut (1965)​
Connecticut's laws against distribution of contraceptives and contraceptive information to married couples are struck down, with the Court relying on earlier precedent involving the rights of people to make decisions about their families and procreation as a legitimate sphere of privacy.​
Eisenstadt v. Baird (1972)​
The right of people to have and know about contraceptives is expanded to unmarried couples, because the right of people to make such decisions exists due not simply to the nature of the marriage relationship. Instead, it is also due to the fact that it is individuals making these decisions, and as such the government has no business making it for them, regardless of their marital status.​

I hate to agree with CA, but you don't get to start a thread and then just make everyone else do the work to support your position. That's not how it works.

Here are just a few of what I found

Be better.

Back
Top Bottom