• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The ballerina did it

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump aide takes responsibility for Melania speech

A Trump aide has taken responsibility for the controversy over Melania Trump’s speech, saying she offered to resign but Trump rejected it.

In a statement released by the Trump campaign, in-house staff writer (and ghostwriter of multiple of Donald Trump's books) Meredith McIver said it “was my mistake.”

It took two days for the Trump campaign to even acknowledge that parts of the speech were the same as first lady Michelle Obama's 2008 convention speech. As recently as Wednesday morning Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was denying the overlap in an interview on CNN.

Yes, she's a former ballerina. Trump probably wants to make her his Commerce Secretary.

You can read her whimpering apology at the link.

A Trump aide has taken responsibility for the controversy over Melania Trump’s speech, saying she offered to resign but Trump rejected it.

In a statement released by the Trump campaign, in-house staff writer (and ghostwriter of multiple of Donald Trump's books) Meredith McIver said it “was my mistake.”

It took two days for the Trump campaign to even acknowledge that parts of the speech were the same as first lady Michelle Obama's 2008 convention speech. As recently as Wednesday morning Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort was denying the overlap in an interview on CNN.

Yes, she's a former ballerina. Trump probably wants to make her his Commerce Secretary.

I think this revelation makes things worse for trump.

The person who wrote the speech was employed by trump's business, not by his campagin.

I think this revelation makes things worse for trump.

The person who wrote the speech was employed by trump's business, not by his campagin.

Its all his money anyways so what difference does it make?

I'm amazed Trump didn't fire her.

I write essays, my own speeches on occasion. I will sometimes copy a paragraph or so on my working draft that I want to emulate. HOWEVER, I am well aware where someone else's writing ends and mine begins.

I think she should have resigned. I know I would have.

Rumor has it Trump left a syringe full of potassium chloride on her desk after forgiving her.

Its all his money anyways so what difference does it make?

Is the speechwriter employed by trumps campaign?

It seems to be that this speechwriter was employed by trumps company, and this may be a example of a illicit corporate contribution.

Is the speechwriter employed by trumps campaign?

It seems to be that this speechwriter was employed by trumps company, and this may be a example of a illicit corporate contribution.

Meh .... its a stretch.

Volunteer to fall on sword found

After 48 hours of this less than important story taking up all the oxygen in the room, when there are extremely important issues like cops getting killed, one of our NATO allies purging tens of thousands of political enemies because of a failed coup attempt that most them had nothing to do with, and two political parties fighting with each other to see which one can destroy the rights protected by the Constitution the quickest, I can't help but keep thinking to myself:

But some people actually like fishing in a mud puddle.

Can you explain why the letter the speechwriter wrote was written in the letterhead of the Trump Organization, not the letterhead of the Trump Campaign?

Last edited:
Can you explain why the letter the speechwriter wrote was written in the letterhead of the Trump Organization, not the Trump Campaign?

Melania Trump can hire whomever she pleases to write her speeches. If you want to pump the fire up, you'll need a bigger set of bellows than this. I don't think the public at large really gives a crap about any of this.

Melania Trump can hire whomever she pleases to write her speeches. If you want to pump the fire up, you'll need a bigger set of bellows than this. I don't think the public at large really gives a crap about any of this.

She was not working as Melania Trumps employee, the speechwriter did mention being part of the trump campaign staff in her apology letter. She was an employee of the trump organization.

After 48 hours of this less than important story taking up all the oxygen in the room, when there are extremely important issues like cops getting killed, one of our NATO allies purging tens of thousands of political enemies because of a failed coup attempt that most them had nothing to do with, and two political parties fighting with each other to see which one can destroy the rights protected by the Constitution the quickest, I can't help but keep thinking to myself:

And some of us are concerned about a man who can't even fire his ghostwriter for blatant and extremely stupid plagiarism wanting to be the President of the United States. A man who can't even manage his campaign. A man who is allowing his children to make key decisions for him; his children whose sole experiences are being Executive Vice Presidents in their father's privately held businesses. A man who has zero experience in foreign affairs and the polarization of our two political parties; thanks for the reminder that he's even less qualified for the job than I already thought.

She was not working as Melania Trumps employee, the speechwriter did mention being part of the trump campaign staff in her apology letter. She was an employee of the trump organization.

I encourage you to follow that where it leads you, but don't be surprised if a rather huge backfire is the result.

The Leftist media sharks thought they had something on Donald Jr. until a college professor said he wrote the speech. They lack the ability to debate the message so they go after the messenger.

Writer Smacks Down The Daily Show’s Suggestion Trump Jr. Plagiarized Him | Mediaite

The Leftist media sharks thought they had something on Donald Jr. until a college professor said he wrote the speech. They lack the ability to debate the message so they go after the messenger.

Writer Smacks Down The Daily Show’s Suggestion Trump Jr. Plagiarized Him | Mediaite

Donald Junior's speech was brilliantly written and brilliantly delivered.

I saw that too about people thinking he plagiarized that speech until it came out that the speechwriter used his own words. I had to chuckle.

And some of us are concerned about a man who can't even fire his ghostwriter for blatant and extremely stupid plagiarism wanting to be the President of the United States. A man who can't even manage his campaign. A man who is allowing his children to make key decisions for him; his children whose sole experiences are being Executive Vice Presidents in their father's privately held businesses. A man who has zero experience in foreign affairs and the polarization of our two political parties; thanks for the reminder that he's even less qualified for the job than I already thought.

Do you despise the man or his followers? This is a genuine question, I ask out of curiosity. My candidate lost this fight.

I also know that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. I know that I do not want Hillary Clinton in the White House she has proven herself, and what she has proved, I do not want. Therefor I am left with just 3 choices. 1st choice Not voting. I may as well vote for Clinton if I don't vote. 2nd voting 3rd party. That may or may not be viable at a later time. As of now it is not viable for me because to be blunt Gary Johnson the 3rd party candidate whom I might consider, is not running a very good campaign at this point and does not look to have a viable shot at potentially being in a competitive race let alone winning. That leaves me with my least favorite alternative. Trump. He has a couple of redeeming qualities in my eyes. One he is NOT running the same race the Republicans have always have and he is fearless. He is different from all the other cookie cutter candidates. Love him or hate him he does things his way and he doesn't need a focus group to tell him what to say. Maybe if he is elected he will suck as a president. Or maybe he is not what we want, but what we need. I don't know, but considering the alternatives I am game to take the chance and roll the dice. Who knows, maybe we get lucky. I don't like him, but I don't despise him. I am willing to take the risk because the alternatives are even more sucky.

I'm amazed Trump didn't fire her.

You know, people really just don't care portions her speech were copied. She was beautiful, gracious, and amazing. And will make a wonderful First lady.

Donald Junior's speech was brilliantly written and brilliantly delivered.

I saw that too about people thinking he plagiarized that speech until it came out that the speechwriter used his own words. I had to chuckle.

I bet the leftist media were thrown in deep depression. LOL

Do you despise the man or his followers? This is a genuine question, I ask out of curiosity. My candidate lost this fight.

I also know that doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. I know that I do not want Hillary Clinton in the White House she has proven herself, and what she has proved, I do not want. Therefor I am left with just 3 choices. 1st choice Not voting. I may as well vote for Clinton if I don't vote. 2nd voting 3rd party. That may or may not be viable at a later time. As of now it is not viable for me because to be blunt Gary Johnson the 3rd party candidate whom I might consider, is not running a very good campaign at this point and does not look to have a viable shot at potentially being in a competitive race let alone winning. That leaves me with my least favorite alternative. Trump. He has a couple of redeeming qualities in my eyes. One he is NOT running the same race the Republicans have always have and he is fearless. He is different from all the other cookie cutter candidates. Love him or hate him he does things his way and he doesn't need a focus group to tell him what to say. Maybe if he is elected he will suck as a president. Or maybe he is not what we want, but what we need. I don't know, but considering the alternatives I am game to take the chance and roll the dice. Who knows, maybe we get lucky. I don't like him, but I don't despise him. I am willing to take the risk because the alternatives are even more sucky.

I don't really despise the man. I can't despise someone I don't even know.

I think he's a horrificly bad choice to be the candidate of the party I've faithfully supported for 3 decades.

I don't despise his followers. I am as frustrated with them as I am with the people who allowed that other lying fraud to get where she is, and the people who fell into Barack Obama's web in 2008. I'm frustrated with people who apparently didn't realize that a guy whose claims to fame were parlaying an inherited fortune into land development and who hosted a reality television show, who is crude and crass, who was with the opposing party for many years, who knows absolutely nothing about government or military or foreign affairs, and who surrounds himself with his children as his top campaign strategists, had no business being the party's nominee.

I don't really despise the man. I can't despise someone I don't even know.

I think he's a horrificly bad choice to be the candidate of the party I've faithfully supported for 3 decades.

I don't despise his followers. I am as frustrated with them as I am with the people who allowed that other lying fraud to get where she is, and the people who fell into Barack Obama's web in 2008. I'm frustrated with people who apparently didn't realize that a guy whose claims to fame were parlaying an inherited fortune into land development and who hosted a reality television show, who is crude and crass, who was with the opposing party for many years, who knows absolutely nothing about government or military or foreign affairs, and who surrounds himself with his children as his top campaign strategists, had no business being the party's nominee.

I don't know, his children seem to be doing a pretty good job trying ride herd that particular ornery ass alley cat. That's mission impossible if you ask me. If his children are a reflection of the man, then I think we will be ok if he gets elected, especially seeing they have earned enough of his respect to listen to them some of the time. They don't strike me as stupid, and don't seem to be nearly as impulsive. I think Trump has a mild form of ADD.

I am left with reality unfortunately. I have to make a choice and they all suck. Trump is the least suckiest that I can see. I wish you luck in whatever decision you finally decide, I think we could all use some. However things turn out election wise, I hope things turn out good for all.

Of course he's not qualified. I hope you didn't think I was trying to say he was? I was just making a point that this particular item is way down any potential list of items I should give a **** about in comparison to items like the ones I listed in my earlier post.

The truth is, Hillary is a real threat to our Constitution, our culture, and our children/grand children's future.

Trump is scary with his lack of experience and total absence of understanding of how a government works, yet Hillary is just as scary but for different reasons. Trump is embarrassing to me as a lifelong member of the GOP because he can't articulate a policy or plan, but what scares the hell out of me is that Hillary HAS articulated her policies and plans when it comes to destroying the 2nd Amendment, ignoring the 4th, 5th, 6th, 8th, and 10th Amendments, as well as going beyond where Obama went by subverting Article I and seizing powers not granted in Article II while continuing the failure to uphold the responsibilities of the President in Article II, Section 3, Clause 5: "[The President] shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed....”

I don't support Trump, I don't plan on voting for him, and you know that. Yet, I can't bring myself to knowingly help a person (Hillary) destroy what I've fought for, lived for, and believe in as the rule of law and what sets our country apart from every other group of people where freedom and liberty are the foundation of our very lives.

If I could see the same vitriolic attitudes toward Hillary that I see currently regarding Mrs. Trump, and if I could see people focusing on what really matters, including some of the issues you brought up above, rather than this silly BS, then maybe I wouldn't feel required to make posts like I did in this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom