• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The average American is 8 times more likely to die of Covid in the next month...

Noodlegawd

Somebody you used to know
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
...than the average Chicago resident is to get murdered.*

This has been a public service message.

Be safe:
-Carry your CCW whenever you can, especially if you live in violent hellholes like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, or Baltimore.
-Stay home if you can.
-Wear a mask when you can't and stay away from a-holes who refuse to wear them.

*based on nationwide Covid death rates over the past wee, compared to Chicago's murder rate most recently listed on Wikipedia.

Be safe:
-Carry your CCW whenever you can, especially if you live in violent hellholes like Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, or Baltimore.
-Stay home if you can.

*based on nationwide Covid death rates over the past wee, compared to Chicago's murder rate most recently listed on Wikipedia.
Eight times more likely than what? Since Anntifa seem to always be wearing a mask have any of them gotten Covid?

Eight times more likely than what? Since Anntifa seem to always be wearing a mask have any of them gotten Covid?

Did you bother to read the post, or just the title?

Be safe:
-Stay home if you can.

You are statistically more likely to be murdered in Danville than Chicago.

You are statistically more likely to be murdered in Danville than Chicago.
East St. Louis is the real deal, though. Murder, violent crime, dealing, you name it. Used to have some decent blues clubs, but no idea now.

East St. Louis is the real deal, though. Murder, violent crime, dealing, you name it. Used to have some decent blues clubs, but no idea now.

Sure, but Danville is this crap little rural area. The kind idealized by the sort of people that think cities are bad or dangerous.

East St Louis is #1.

Bitty little Danville is #4.

Sure, but Danville is this crap little rural area. The kind idealized by the sort of people that think cities are bad or dangerous.

East St Louis is #1.

Bitty little Danville is #4.
To be fair, I've only gotten to know one person from Danville. He was pretty freaken odd, and not fit for city-life or professional-level employment.

To be fair, I've only gotten to know one person from Danville. He was pretty freaken odd, and not fit for city-life or professional-level employment.

If he doesn't have bullet holes in him, you should run.

If he doesn't have bullet holes in him, you should run.
Hah!

Actually, he seemed naive and out-of-it. A fish out-of-water. But in addition, he didn't seem to be able to relate to other people. And this especially freaked-out the women. Not that he was grossly out-of-line with them. But that he was so odd & un-relatable. But I never really detected a violent or criminal demeanor in him. Just an odd, naive, un-relatable-ness about him that was prominent, along with total dysfunctionality with the opposite sex.

Did you bother to read the post, or just the title?
I didn't think the topic mattered any more than the post since you didn't give the numbers to back up your claim. Chicago is a shooting gallery and the number of shootings and murders is ridiculous. For some reason the democrats who control Chicago don't seem to have a problem with all the killings in Chicago's black neighborhoods.

I didn't think the topic mattered any more than the post since you didn't give the numbers to back up your claim. Chicago is a shooting gallery and the number of shootings and murders is ridiculous. For some reason the democrats who control Chicago don't seem to have a problem with all the killings in Chicago's black neighborhoods.

The numbers are publicly available, and calculators are practically free. If you disagree, feel free to explain why.

Eight times more likely than what?

Do you always reply to thread titles without actually bothering to read the first post?

Since Anntifa seem to always be wearing a mask have any of them gotten Covid?

Good question. Since when was "What political ideology to you subscribe to?" a part of a medical questionnaire or a hospital admission form?

It used to be a guy with a gun wearing a mask was a bad sign. Now it's a guy open-carrying an AR-15 w/o any mask, screaming in your face about his right to do both.

Be safe:
-Stay home if you can.

Yet, Ft Lauderdale was named the 2nd most dangerous city and America and the least safest.

We Americans could have, when the danger of the Covid-19 viral epidemic first became evident, banded together and rigorously followed the basic individual prophylactic measures which would have slowed the spread of the disease.

A significant percent of us did not.

"Of all sad words of tongue or pen,", John Greenleaf Whittier.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the prophylactic Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Reminder. I try to respond to all who quote my posts. If you do not get a response from me, it may be that you've made it onto my 'Ignore' list.

Yet, Ft Lauderdale was named the 2nd most dangerous city and America and the least safest.

Interestingly enough, though Ft. Lauderdale has higher violent crime than 90% of US cities, it isn't necessarily murder/rape that makes one city more dangerous than another. If you are more likely to die or be injured by accident or lack of medical care than by shooting, that makes for more dangerous condition. Even with violent crime, crime does not care whether you are a red or blue state:

The Most Dangerous States in the United States - WorldAtlas

Numbers are going up, not looking good for anyone, and I keep waiting for our elected officials to take this seriously.

BTW, put a mask on and avoid large gatherings.

Be safe:
-Stay home if you can.

How likely is the average Chicago citizen to get murdered this month????

Numbers are going up, not looking good for anyone, and I keep waiting for our elected officials to take this seriously.

BTW, put a mask on and avoid large gatherings.

Red state elected officials are taking this seriously. They are seriously against taking action against the virus. I can't think of anything more serious than that, though my comment is out of your context.

Red state elected officials are taking this seriously. They are seriously against taking action against the virus. I can't think of anything more serious than that, though my comment is out of your context.

What do you mean "numbers are going up"?

Didn't you see the official White House graph?

Trumps Official Daily NEW Case Averages.JPG

Back
Top Bottom