• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Attorney General of Texas calls for supreme court to allow sodomy laws

Nomad4Ever

Dark Brandon Acolyte
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left

The number of high up conservatives that seem on board with this is frightening. I can barely keep up with new statements from conservatives in position of power calling for the next civil right to be rolled back.

How far away are we from such a SC court ruling? It seems totally plausible some state will try to implement such a law and the SC will uphold it.

If he wants that to happen, he needs to arrest someone and charge them with a crime. The Court doesn't just overturn decisions willy nilly. It needs a case before it in which a dispute can be adjudicated.

Must be a lot of butt secks going on. Find your perp, sir!

The number of high up conservatives that seem on board with this is frightening. I can barely keep up with new statements from conservatives in position of power calling for the next civil right to be rolled back.

How far away are we from such a SC court ruling? It seems totally plausible some state will try to implement such a law and the SC will uphold it.

The ****ing Republicans are disgusting. They are obsessed with sex. Why is that?

So much for them favoring small government. Liars.

I am SO glad I am no longer a Republican. These people are worse than crackheads.

If he wants that to happen, he needs to arrest someone and charge them with a crime. The Court doesn't just overturn decisions willy nilly. It needs a case before it in which a dispute can be adjudicated.

Must be a lot of butt secks going on. Find your perp, sir!
I mean, I can totally see a state doing that specifically to trigger a SC decision.

It’s not plausible that SCOTUS would uphold it. The decision in Lawrence didn’t depend entirely on the right to privacy. It also involved a violation of the Equal Protection Clause because Texas was only enforcing its sodomy law against homosexual men. I very much doubt that anyone proposing to necromance sodomy law is willing to apply it equally.

I thinking the AG of Texas may be pandering to his constituency. I could be wrong. However, I cannot see the day when SCOTUS would declare an sexual act between two consenting adults illegal. I think many of you can. However, I don't think that the latest SCOTUS decision on abortion should be inferred to be an attack on all of our civil rights. Even in its recent landmark decision the court did not remove the right to abortion.

It’s not plausible that SCOTUS would uphold it. The decision in Lawrence didn’t depend entirely on the right to privacy. It also involved a violation of the Equal Protection Clause because Texas was only enforcing its sodomy law against homosexual men. I very much doubt that anyone proposing to necromance sodomy law is willing to apply it equally.
Yep.

I don't see how this would pass the "equal protection" hurdle.

I thinking the AG of Texas may be pandering to his constituency. I could be wrong. However, I cannot see the day when SCOTUS would declare an sexual act between two consenting adults illegal. I think many of you can. However, I don't think that the latest SCOTUS decision on abortion should be inferred to be an attack on all of our civil rights. Even in its recent landmark decision the court did not remove the right to abortion.
They did remove the right.

It just isn’t illegal everywhere.

Wasn't sodomy named after Sodom and Gomorrah?
How did that go for them?
And every other great nation that fell after embracing "tolerance"?

Clarence Thomas said that this was coming.

Get ready. This right-wing activist court wants to nuke personal rights. Unless they involve guns.

Wasn't sodomy named after Sodom and Gomorrah?
How did that go for them?
And every other great nation that fell after embracing "tolerance"?
The term is Biblically and historically inaccurate. The only mention of any sort of homosexual act in the story of Sodom and Gomorrah was the men wanting to gang rape the two angels. Nobody is advocating for legalized rape. Also, homosexuality in humans has been around since humans existed and there was only one instance that Bible thumpers point to as evidence that God punishes gay people.

Because no R's have oral or anal sex? No wonder they're so pissed off at everyone.

How do you even prove that it is happening?

Yep.

I don't see how this would pass the "equal protection" hurdle.
Really! How vanilla of you.

Would you like a link to the wonderfully expansive range of dildos that are specifically designed for women to use on men.

Far more “great nations” has fallen after embracing religious fanaticism and bigotry bud.
That is incorrect because you are twisting the term "religious fanaticism". You think all religious people are fanatics. History has shown that great nations fall after immorality takes over. If you want to deny history, there is nothing more I can do for you. The United States has put itself on thin ice and we are ignoring that the ice is now starting to crack.

How do you figure this? By giving power to the states to make abortion illegal, they de facto removed the right to abortion.

Really! How vanilla of you.

Would you like a link to the wonderfully expansive range of dildos that are specifically designed for women to use on men.
Let me know when the government starts doing home-to-home tours to check into sex toys.

Back
Top Bottom