• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Atlantic's editor-in-chief says his story about Trump calling vets 'losers' is just the beginnin

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Buckle up Trump supporters...

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, said his magazine's story about Trump calling Americans who died in battle "losers" and "suckers," was just the tip of the iceberg.

"I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks," Goldberg told CNN's Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday. "We have a responsibility and we're going to do it regardless of what he says."
The magazine received backlash -- from Trump and many others -- for attributing the information to four anonymous sources. CNN has confirmed several aspects of The Atlantic's reporting, also with sources who chose to remain anonymous.
But Goldberg said that's how the media is able to do its job of uncovering stories that take place behind closed doors.

The Atlantic's editor-in-hief Jeffrey Goldberg says his story about Trump calling vets 'losers' is just the beginning - CNN

Jeffrey Goldberg, editor-in-chief of The Atlantic, said his magazine's story about Trump calling Americans who died in battle "losers" and "suckers," was just the tip of the iceberg.

"I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks," Goldberg told CNN's Chief Media Correspondent Brian Stelter on "Reliable Sources" Sunday. "We have a responsibility and we're going to do it regardless of what he says."
The magazine received backlash -- from Trump and many others -- for attributing the information to four anonymous sources. CNN has confirmed several aspects of The Atlantic's reporting, also with sources who chose to remain anonymous.
But Goldberg said that's how the media is able to do its job of uncovering stories that take place behind closed doors.

The Atlantic's editor-in-hief Jeffrey Goldberg says his story about Trump calling vets 'losers' is just the beginning - CNN

More, more, please.

I believe the guy.

I'm sure he and the rest of the Trump hating media have entire notebooks full of made up nonsense and they'll be continuously releasing the stuff up until election day. (All of it attributed to unnamed sources, of course.)

I believe the guy.

I'm sure he and the rest of the Trump hating media have entire notebooks full of made up nonsense and they'll be continuously releasing the stuff up until election day. (All of it attributed to unnamed sources, of course.)

This is an interesting find regarding Trump. Did President Trump make up the story or is it a sign of mental decline?

"Trump said: “I called home, I spoke to my wife and I said, ‘I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.’ And to the one that was the following day, which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it.”

But Melania Trump was not at “home” — she was on the trip with the president and was also scheduled to visit the cemetery.

Fact check: Trump denies disrespect of soldiers

This is an interesting find regarding Trump. Did President Trump make up the story or is it a sign of mental decline?

"Trump said: “I called home, I spoke to my wife and I said, ‘I hate this. I came here to go to that ceremony.’ And to the one that was the following day, which I did go to. I said I feel terribly. And that was the end of it.”

But Melania Trump was not at “home” — she was on the trip with the president and was also scheduled to visit the cemetery.

Trump lies to discredit what he believes are lies, and his supporters believe him.

It is cultist culture 101.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Trump lies to discredit what he believes are lies, and his supporters believe him.

It is cultist culture 101.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

I agree. He has done it so much over his term that is so easy to pick out the lies.

I doubt I get much from the Trump supporters on this. Maybe, he has another "wife" that we don't know about and that is who he called.:lamo

I agree. He has done it so much over his term that is so easy to pick out the lies.

I doubt I get much from the Trump supporters on this. Maybe, he has another "wife" that we don't know about and that is who he called.:lamo

Trump supporters don't care that Trump lies and disparages our military. They just care if he can troll the left just one more time.

Here's How We Know The Atlantic's Hit Piece on Trump Is Pure Fiction

The Atlantic's Hit Piece on Trump is False, Here's Why

A report published Thursday by The Atlantic cited anonymous sources claiming that President Donald Trump didn’t want to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018 because the troops there who died in battle were “losers” and “suckers. The media has largely reported on this story as though it were true or at least likely to be true.

“The Atlantic Magazine is dying, like most magazines, so they make up a fake story in order to gain some relevance,” Trump tweeted on Friday. “Story already refuted, but this is what we are up against. Just like the Fake Dossier. You fight and fight, and then people realize it was a total fraud!”

Even CNN’s Brian Stelter seemed to acknowledge that the claims of anonymous sources aren’t as convincing. (you know it's BAD when Stelter questions the story.)

“But it is also incumbent on the sources, on the people that are talking to [Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey] Goldberg, on the people that are talking to other outlets — the president’s denying it explicitly, so it’s put up or shut up time,” Stelter said. “Why aren’t these people coming forward and putting their names to these quotes?”

Perhaps because it’s a lot easier to lie when your name and reputation aren’t on the line. But there are at least five witnesses who have gone on the record disputing the allegations made in The Atlantic.

What's going to give any of these stories some meat is if we know who the sources are and they speak candidly about what they've heard, or there's a full recording somewhere. The problem with this kind of reporting is it's not easy to accept credibility without more information; it's just hearsay, and in that scenario, fair-minded people are inclined to give the accused the benefit of the doubt. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he said this kind of thing given his penchant for insensitivity.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Trump’s former press secretary, called The Atlantic story B.S. on Twitter, “I was actually there and one of the people [who were] part of the discussion – this never happened. I have sat in the room when our President called family members after their sons were killed in action and it was heart-wrenching,” she said. “These were some of the moments I witnessed the President show his heart and demonstrate how much he respects the selfless and courageous men and women of our military. I am disgusted by this false attack.”

Here's How We Know The Atlantic's Hit Piece on Trump Is Pure Fiction

A report published Thursday by The Atlantic cited anonymous sources claiming that President Donald Trump didn’t want to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018 because the troops there who died in battle were “losers” and “suckers. The media has largely reported on this story as though it were true or at least likely to be true.

“The Atlantic Magazine is dying, like most magazines, so they make up a fake story in order to gain some relevance,” Trump tweeted on Friday. “Story already refuted, but this is what we are up against. Just like the Fake Dossier. You fight and fight, and then people realize it was a total fraud!”

Even CNN’s Brian Stelter seemed to acknowledge that the claims of anonymous sources aren’t as convincing. (you know it's BAD when Stelter questions the story.)

“But it is also incumbent on the sources, on the people that are talking to [Atlantic editor-in-chief Jeffrey] Goldberg, on the people that are talking to other outlets — the president’s denying it explicitly, so it’s put up or shut up time,” Stelter said. “Why aren’t these people coming forward and putting their names to these quotes?”

Perhaps because it’s a lot easier to lie when your name and reputation aren’t on the line. But there are at least five witnesses who have gone on the record disputing the allegations made in The Atlantic.
PJ Media?

Was OAN busy with a different news story?

------------------------

I was with POTUS in France, with Sarah, and have been at his side throughout it all. Complete lies by “anonymous sources” that were “dropped” just as he begins to campaign (and surge). A disgraceful attempt to smear POTUS, 60 days before the Presidential Election! Disgusting!! https://twitter.com/sarahhuckabee/status/1301702348071460864

— Dan Scavino (@DanScavino) September 4, 2020

PJ Media?

------------------------

Go play some where else... Maybe the basement!

PJ Media?

------------------------

They are much more credible than The Atlantic! But you know that.... :lamo :peace

Go play some where else... Maybe the basement!
So "Pajamas Media" is what we are using to get clarification on this?

Lmao, that is embarrassing.

------------------------

They are much more credible than The Atlantic! But you know that.... :lamo :peace
The story from the Atlantic was already confirmed by literally dozens of other publications.

Lmao.

------------------------

I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more play?

So "Pajamas Media" is what we are using to get clarification on this?

Lmao, that is embarrassing.

------------------------

^^ Only thing embarrassing is this post. ^^ Just more Trump:lamo hate!

I'm surprised that this hasn't gotten more play?

My experience has been when Trump gets caught in a lie, his supporters go silent and ignore as if it didn't happen.

As far as MSM, I am disappointed they have not brought it up.

^^ Only thing embarrassing is this post. ^^ Just more Trump:lamo hate!

Spazzing out at him won't make him wrong. But I can understand why you're upset that yet again you are forced to insist that existence is conspiring to victimize the most victimized victim ever, Trump.

Again, this is 100% false. I was next to @POTUS the whole day! The President was greatly disappointed when told we couldn’t fly there. He was incredibly eager to honor our Fallen Heroes. https://twitter.com/jeffreygoldberg/status/1301634784448438272

— Jordan Karem (@JordanKarem1) September 4, 2020
Guys, guys, this twit from some unknown goofball defending the president ignores the lies Trump told to discredit what he believes was a lie!

Duh. PJ Media says so.

------------------------

I was with POTUS in France, with Sarah, and have been at his side throughout it all. Complete lies by “anonymous sources” that were “dropped” just as he begins to campaign (and surge). A disgraceful attempt to smear POTUS, 60 days before the Presidential Election! Disgusting!! https://twitter.com/sarahhuckabee/status/1301702348071460864

— Dan Scavino (@DanScavino) September 4, 2020

Well, if you can't believe Trump's paid spokesman whose job depends on him backing up the President who lies nearly every time Trump speaks, who can you trust? And he backs up the former WH spokeswoman, whose job it was and still is to defend Trump's lies to the press. Solid sources there!

Back
Top Bottom