• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
The astonishing effects of the shutdown, in 8 charts

1/12/19
It’s now Day 22 of the partial government shutdown, and it’s officially the longest one ever. While President Donald Trump and Democrats continue to duke it out over the politics of a border wall, the impact of the stalemate has already become very, very real for hundreds of thousands of federal workers, many of whom missed their first paycheck on Friday. The National Parks Service, the Transportation Security Administration, and the IRS are just a few of the government agencies that have been affected by the impasse, which is expected to cause serious economic fallout as well. Here are eight charts that illustrate what exactly the costs of the shutdown are.

continued @ link above

Trumps partial government shutdown includes nine federal departments and directly affects 800,000+ government employees.

Donald J. Trump on 11 December 2018 said:
“I will take the mantle. I will be the one to shut it down.”

Nancy and chucky better get busy

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Nancy's house already passed a bill to fully fund the government and Chuck's senate minority would love to vote yay on it if McConnell would let it come to a vote. This is all on the Repubs. "If you don't give us some money for our pet project we won't let you fund the government."

Nancy's house already passed a bill to fully fund the government and Chuck's senate minority would love to vote yay on it if McConnell would let it come to a vote. This is all on the Repubs. "If you don't give us some money for our pet project we won't let you fund the government."
She didnt pass a viable bill to get passed by our potus. She needs to try again

Nancy and chucky better get busy

Why what do they have to do with it.

Trump, the great negotiator couldn't get money from Mexico like he promised over 200 times.

The American people did not want to pay for a wall, therefore they voted in people who would not fund it.

Trump asked for the money to pay for his personal monument, he was told no.

It's time for him to get the **** over it and pay the people he is supposed to.

The spoiled, petulant, brat baby needs to grow up quit telling lies and take no for a answer.

If this wall was such a great idea it would have been funded when Republicans were in charge of everything, even they told him no...

She didnt pass a viable bill to get passed by our potus. She needs to try again

Haha, see, you're admitting it. Trump is causing the shutdown unless he gets something completely unrelated to funding the government. 100% on Trump and the Republicans.

Actually, the House passed a bill the president vowed to sign back before Christmas. Its being filibustered by dems in the Senate. In order for a bill to become law, the House, Senate and the president must all agree. Right now, we dont have that. In fact, there is no bill sitting on the presidents desk awaiting his signature. That means the blame, at the moment, rest with congress. At least that is how it worked when Obama was president.

Why what do they have to do with it.

Trump, the great negotiator couldn't get money from Mexico like he promised over 200 times.

The American people did not want to pay for a wall, therefore they voted in people who would not fund it.

Trump asked for the money to pay for his personal monument, he was told no.

It's time for him to get the **** over it and pay the people he is supposed to.

The spoiled, petulant, brat baby needs to grow up quit telling lies and take no for a answer.

If this wall was such a great idea it would have been funded when Republicans were in charge of everything, even they told him no...
It would be more effective if you stomped your feet while you have your tantrum

Haha, see, you're admitting it. Trump is causing the shutdown unless he gets something completely unrelated to funding the government. 100% on Trump and the Republicans.
Wow you got me, I really walked into that one. It's a shame that you wasted all that superior progressive logic because it changes nothing.

If reopening the government is important to the dems they will send Trump a bill that he is willing to sign.

Trump is under no obligation to sign a bad bill just because the Democrats want to insist that he does. Enjoy your Democrat shutdown.

Actually, the House passed a bill the president vowed to sign back before Christmas. Its being filibustered by dems in the Senate. In order for a bill to become law, the House, Senate and the president must all agree. Right now, we dont have that. In fact, there is no bill sitting on the presidents desk awaiting his signature. That means the blame, at the moment, rest with congress. At least that is how it worked when Obama was president.

Yes, that's why I called out McConnel by name, and if you listen to McConnel you'll hear his reasoning behind refusing a vote is the promise from Trump to veto it. They share the blame. Funding the wall is not a normal part of funding the government, it's a special wish.

Yes, that's why I called out McConnel by name, and if you listen to McConnel you'll hear his reasoning behind refusing a vote is the promise from Trump to veto it. They share the blame. Funding the wall is not a normal part of funding the government, it's a special wish.

I suspect there are a lot of 'special wishes' that find their way into a $4.4 trillion budget. This shouldnt be a big deal. Democrats have voted numerous times for a border wall. Just agree to a couple Billion and move on.

Back
Top Bottom