• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Associated Press Goes to Bat For the Democratic Party

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Why do Republicans never seem to come out ahead politically when they go toe-to-toe with the Democrats? Part of the reason, at least, is that the press, to a greater extent than at any time in our history, is monolithically Democrat. The most important news organ is the Associated Press, whose articles appear in hundreds, or possibly thousands, of newspapers around the country. The AP pretends to be a neutral, just-the-facts information source, but it is nothing of the kind. While there are some good reporters at the AP, the overwhelming majority function, as to issues that are politically controversial, as advocates for the Democratic Party.

The Associated Press Goes to Bat For the Democratic Party | Power Line

but the left will never admit there is a media bias and or that it effects elections, policy and creates a false perception
they will even go as far as saying the right leaning news organizations the very few there are has more of a influence

its just like a team would never admit they have the refs in their pocket

I watched the election results on Fox. I went to bed believing Romney won. Fox basically lied to help Romney. You sure you want to talk about bias? How bout Obama's Katrina? Which was mentioned about 100 times during the election.

but the left will never admit there is a media bias and or that it effects elections, policy and creates a false perception
they will even go as far as saying the right leaning news organizations the very few there are has more of a influence

I watched the election results on Fox. I went to bed believing Romney won. Fox basically lied to help Romney. You sure you want to talk about bias? How bout Obama's Katrina? Which was mentioned about 100 times during the election.

This post is shockingly untrue. How could you suggest that Fox manipulated the election results so that you went to bed thinking Romney won? The results are what they are, they cannot be changed and they're the same on every TV channel. Additionally Romney rarely, if ever, appeared on Fox during his campaign and never, NEVER, presented a case for conservatism. That's why Conservatives stayed home.

It does appear the Tea Party types are becoming more and more paranoid as reality encroaches upon their dream world(s)

The goof ball on Fox was projection a big Romney until I went to bed. Faux attempted to help Romney as much as possible.
This post is shockingly untrue. How could you suggest that Fox manipulated the election results so that you went to bed thinking Romney won? The results are what they are, they cannot be changed and they're the same on every TV channel. Additionally Romney rarely, if ever, appeared on Fox during his campaign and never, NEVER, presented a case for conservatism. That's why Conservatives stayed home.

Perhaps delusional is more the word. Green eggs and ham?
It does appear the Tea Party types are becoming more and more paranoid as reality encroaches upon their dream world(s)

Wow, you understand don't you that this makes you look grossly inept and unable to understand even the most basic of language. At no point did I have any inkling from any of the channels that Romney was winning.

I suppose if you get your news from partisan commentators you'll believe just about anything they say.

Perhaps delusional is more the word. Green eggs and ham?

You just said you went to bed election night believing Romney won and you're calling someone else delusional? :mrgreen:

Yep, I watch Fox that night, so in fact you are right basic stupid part.

The Sad Faces of Fox News on Election Night - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire
Wow, you understand don't you that this makes you look grossly inept and unable to understand even the most basic of language. At no point did I have any inkling from any of the channels that Romney was winning.

I suppose if you get your news from partisan commentators you'll believe just about anything they say.

I get up at three so I was in bed about 1900 but when I went to bed Fox was making it sound as rosy as possible for Romney. I thought I had posted these vids before.

Proving once again that if you do not use approved conservative spin, you are a dastardly liberal.

The irony of using a biased source to make a charge of bias makes me chuckle however.

The AP won't do much unless it's short term. The Obamacare **** sandwich will be put into effect and then no amount of media coverage will convince people they're chewing on anything but ****.

Fox is completely in the bag for the Republicans, the sad faces were after they could not pretend anymore, look at dem widdle faces. Fantasy is right.
Thanks for proving my point. The article isn't talking about the happy faces at FoxNews is it? How anyone could have gone to bed election night thinking Romney won, watching any channel, is the height of fantasy.

Yep, all them people having healthcare will really suck. Why is that again?
The AP won't do much unless it's short term. The Obamacare **** sandwich will be put into effect and then no amount of media coverage will convince people they're chewing on anything but ****.

Yep, all them people having healthcare will really suck. Why is that again?

All them millions that still won't get it you mean? And all those that get 100%+ increases... yeah it's sooooo great!

Exactly how many people are getting a 100% increase? And who exactly wont be covered?
All them millions that still won't get it you mean? And all those that get 100%+ increases... yeah it's sooooo great!

you seam to have trouble separating the difference between opinion given by contributors and opinion personalities and news don't you?

At what point does the Republican Party and other Conservative organizations take responsibility for policies/actions that aren't popular?

Do you believe the only thing standing between the Republican party and national victories is the AP?

At what point does the Republican Party and other Conservative organizations take responsibility for policies/actions that aren't popular?

Do you believe the only thing standing between the Republican party and national victories is the AP?

when the republican policies are poled individually they poll above or close to the majority other then gay marriage and that policy is only share by probably half of the party

poll on abortion
Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

poll on amnesty
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...t-amnesty-without-effective-enforcement-first.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/november-10-2008/poll-reveals-no-mandate-amnesty.html

poll on government spending
62% Think Government Should Cut Spending to Help Economy - Rasmussen Reports™
19% Favor New Government Spending to Stimulate Economy - Rasmussen Reports™
Fox News poll: 83 percent think government spending is out of control | Fox News

and my favorite do you conceder your self a conservative or a liberal
"Conservatives" Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

so it is not the republican platform that keeps voters from voting it is the perception perpetrate by the press

I will give you a prime example just last election if a republican comes out and says he is against the government forcing religious institutions paying for contraception the press will report it as or imply republicans are against contraception and they are going to try to take it away

Last edited:
when the republican policies are poled individually they poll above or close to the majority other then gay marriage and that policy is only share by probably half of the party

poll on abortion

poll on amnesty
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...t-amnesty-without-effective-enforcement-first.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/november-10-2008/poll-reveals-no-mandate-amnesty.html

Fox News poll: 83 percent think government spending is out of control | Fox News

so it is not the republican platform that keeps voters from voting it is the perception perpetrate by the press

I will give you a prime example just last election if a republican comes out and says he is against the government paying for contraception the press will report it as or imply republicans are against contraception and they are going to try to take it away

here are links to some polls that contridict your own.

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: August 2013 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

Kaiser Health Tracking Poll: March 2013 | The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation

poll on abortion

78% believe in abortion allowed under in any circumstances or in limited to some circumstances. Very few believe abortion should be completely outlawed. That's not surprising...most people that believe abortion should be legal believe there should be limitations on how late you can have an abortion.

That an advocacy site.

Senate immigration plan wins majority support from public

Here's a public opinion poll that shows that Americans supported the immigration bill and a path to citizenship that is coupled with higher enforcement.

People always think government spending is out of control but when asked what they want to cut it's usually a portion of the budget that only makes up 1%. Republicans always do well on the "cut government!" bumper sticker but when they actually...well cut government they get hammered.

Ehhh...yet more people are registered Democrat. Conservative/Moderate/Liberal pretty much means nothing. If using your reasoning that the AP and Mainstream Media news heavily influenced elections why on earth do you think people would identify as conservative then vote against Republicans on the actual issues?

Back
Top Bottom