• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Associated Press Goes to Bat For the Democratic Party

The Associated Press Goes to Bat For the Democratic Party | Power Line

but the left will never admit there is a media bias and or that it effects elections, policy and creates a false perception
they will even go as far as saying the right leaning news organizations the very few there are has more of a influence

its just like a team would never admit they have the refs in their pocket

The AP Stylebook defines which words and phrases can and cannot be used.

The attached link shows how the phrase "illegal Immigrant", a very accurate and descriptive term, was scrubbed from the language by the stroke of a pen.

This is a dictatorial and abusive central clearing house for the communication of ideas. As everyone knows, or should know, if you define the terms of the debate, you win the debate. This is why the Dems are constantly the winners over their their pro wrestling opponent weekly losers, the Reps.

As the over taxed, under represented and abused subjects of the realm, we the people are the losers of both of the grappling entities.

The Associated Press Drops "Illegal Immigrant" From Standards Book - ABC News

I watched the election results on Fox. I went to bed believing Romney won. Fox basically lied to help Romney. You sure you want to talk about bias? How bout Obama's Katrina? Which was mentioned about 100 times during the election.

Really? How early do you go to bed? I go to bed at 10:00 Eastern and I was watching FOX on and off and was sold on the outcome going in the favor of Obama.

It does appear the Tea Party types are becoming more and more paranoid as reality encroaches upon their dream world(s)

Can you expand on what you're talking about?

The goof ball on Fox was projection a big Romney until I went to bed. Faux attempted to help Romney as much as possible.

What "goof ball" are you talking about?

Kaiser Family foundation has been along time advocate for socialized medicine the are a left leaning organization
and if there polls where reliable they word be used and quoted by respected non partisan sites like RCP

so they have a different bias then your own, but did you even look at the links? they explain the methodology of how they conducted their polls.

just because they are left leaning that does not mean you can assume they are automaticlly wrong.

78% believe in abortion allowed under in any circumstances or in limited to some circumstances. Very few believe abortion should be completely outlawed. That's not surprising...most people that believe abortion should be legal believe there should be limitations on how late you can have an abortion.
do they list the restrictions? most every republican agrees with allowing abortions in the case of rape incest or life of the mother. democrate stance is abortion after 20 weeks
Poll: Majority of Americans support 20-week abortion ban - CBS News

That an advocacy site.

Senate immigration plan wins majority support from public

Here's a public opinion poll that shows that Americans supported the immigration bill and a path to citizenship that is coupled with higher enforcement.

republican platform security befor aministy
Poll: 66% Of American Voters Say Border Security Before Amnesty - Fox Nation

People always think government spending is out of control but when asked what they want to cut it's usually a portion of the budget that only makes up 1%. Republicans always do well on the "cut government!" bumper sticker but when they actually...well cut government they get hammered.

that is besides the point America is in overwhelming in favor of cutting were to cut is a different argument the left likes to bring up to distract from the over all goal of reducing government spending just this later poll reinforce that notion
Americans Reject by 61% Obama Demand for Clean Debt Vote - Bloomberg
your argument is comparable to be saying the goal is to win a game but there is a disagreement how to do so there for the goal isn't to win the game

Ehhh...yet more people are registered Democrat. Conservative/Moderate/Liberal pretty much means nothing. If using your reasoning that the AP and Mainstream Media news heavily influenced elections why on earth do you think people would identify as conservative then vote against Republicans on the actual issues?

because the republican stance on the actual issues are distorted by the press I will give you this as an example just last election if a republican comes out and says he is against the government forcing religious institutions paying for contraception the press will report it as or imply republicans are against contraception and they are going to try to take it away

Yep, I watch Fox that night, so in fact you are right basic stupid part.

The Sad Faces of Fox News on Election Night - Elspeth Reeve - The Atlantic Wire

It looks like FOX pretty much called it for Obama at 10:35 pm Central when Ohio was called for Obama.

At that point, they said it "was over", but that they felt they could not say that while the polls in some states were still open. At that point they called it for Obama.

The polls in Western states had only closed a half hour before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpoMWrW01h4

so they have a different bias then your own, but did you even look at the links? they explain the methodology of how they conducted their polls.

just because they are left leaning that does not mean you can assume they are automaticlly wrong.

and I counter you perceived bias by quoting numerous polls respected polls used by news organizations not just one poll done by a socialized medicine advocate that no one uses as a reliable poll

Yep, all them people having healthcare will really suck. Why is that again?

All of those people who can't afford to buy insurance will now be compelled to buy insurance.

They were already getting healthcare.

If you think that FOX is pulling for Romney and they all had sad faces, why did you think Obama had lost?

do we need to mention what karl rove was on fox news that election night and when Ohio was called he went about arguing that it was too soon to call ohio.

It looks like FOX pretty much called it for Obama at 10:35 pm Central when Ohio was called for Obama.

At that point, they said it "was over", but that they felt they could not say that while the polls in some states were still open. At that point they called it for Obama.

The polls in Western states had only closed a half hour before.

Fox News Announces Re-Election Win of President Barack Obama - 11/06/12 - YouTube

the left can differentiate between an opinion given by a contributor and actual news if Carl Roves says republicans will win they contribute that to be saying that Fox news say republicans will win

At what point does the Republican Party and other Conservative organizations take responsibility for policies/actions that aren't popular?

Do you believe the only thing standing between the Republican party and national victories is the AP?

What are the policies that you are thinking about?

and I counter you perceived bias by quoting numerous polls respected polls used by news organizations not just one poll done by a socialized medicine advocate that no one uses as a reliable poll

explain how the kaiser foundations methodology for conducting it's polls were wrong.

do we need to mention what karl rove was on fox news that election night and when Ohio was called he went about arguing that it was too soon to call ohio.

that is Carl Rove a contributor he is not Fox news. you do know the difference don't you?

I said I get up at three so I go to bed by 7pm. At that time they were so pro Romney it was pathetic. The vids just demonstrate how in the bag they are.
If you think that FOX is pulling for Romney and they all had sad faces, why did you think Obama had lost?

explain how the kaiser foundations methodology for conducting it's polls were wrong.

and I will repeat it again if the Kaiser foundation poll were reliable polls believe me the Obama lap dog media would use them. anything to counter all the other polls that make Obama signature legislation look bad

If they have someone on their show they are to some extent responsible for the message he delivers.
that is Carl Rove a contributor he is not Fox news. you do know the difference don't you?

when the republican policies are poled individually they poll above or close to the majority other then gay marriage and that policy is only share by probably half of the party

poll on abortion
Abortion | Gallup Historical Trends

poll on amnesty
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/...t-amnesty-without-effective-enforcement-first.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/november-10-2008/poll-reveals-no-mandate-amnesty.html

poll on government spending
62% Think Government Should Cut Spending to Help Economy - Rasmussen Reports™
19% Favor New Government Spending to Stimulate Economy - Rasmussen Reports™
Fox News poll: 83 percent think government spending is out of control | Fox News

and my favorite do you conceder your self a conservative or a liberal
"Conservatives" Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

so it is not the republican platform that keeps voters from voting it is the perception perpetrate by the press

I will give you a prime example just last election if a republican comes out and says he is against the government forcing religious institutions paying for contraception the press will report it as or imply republicans are against contraception and they are going to try to take it away

I think the real problem is the presentation of the news always in a way that provides context to favor the Liberal.

My favorite example of this was the Candy Crowley intrusion into the debate to support Obama against Romney with a factually accurate lie which she presented as truth. She was incompetent in the interpretation, biased in even presenting it, dishonest in the statement and entirely unethical in even considering the presentation of the words she presented.

They simply cannot help themselves. They are in the tank and it should embarrass them, but it doesn't. They have agreed as a group to deceive and direct. They think they are some kind of a guide to the good path for the great unwashed.

Last edited:
and I will repeat it again if the Kaiser foundation poll were reliable polls believe me the Obama lap dog media would use them. anything to counter all the other polls that make Obama signature legislation look bad

maybe kaiser made conducted the polls independent of media bias.

the left can differentiate between an opinion given by a contributor and actual news if Carl Roves says republicans will win they contribute that to be saying that Fox news say republicans will win

As I recall, Rove was on with his white board and another political thinker was right there with him at all times with his thoughts, but no white board. The other guys was saying that the polls were all in agreement and that the agreement was that Obama would win.

Back
Top Bottom