• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The "Ask The Atheist/Agnostic/Non-Believer" Thread

The point of this thread is to show that atheists do answer questions and talk freely about atheism. They do not, as a previous thread said, "refuse to answer" That doesn't mean that the answers are rational or scientific or logical. The point is that they do get answered. And I answered your question "On what do atheists base their belief that Go doesn't exist.?'

Hahahaha what good are "answers" if the so-called answers being given.................... do not apply to the questions being asked?

Hahahaha - that's like giving a comb to someone who's been starving for days, and is asking for some food!
:ROFLMAO:
Or....someone asking you for directions, and your answer is...."isn't this a glorious day?"

You know the answer they'll give back? You need a hearing aid! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I appreciate you including and responding to my question(s) that specifically apply to Dragonfly (due to his seeming obsession).
Mistake of mine. No harm done either way.

Mistake of mine. No harm done either way.

No. I do appreciate it. At least, you're in the ball game - you're doing exactly what this thread is supposed to be all about.
Just wanted you to know that I don't think of such about all atheists - or about all atheists who go to this section.
You're also answering questions that our OP author is ignoring! Thank you for that.

Hahahaha what good are "answers" if the so-called answers being given.................... do not apply to the questions being asked? Hahahaha - that's like giving a comb to someone who's been starving for days, and is asking for some food! :ROFLMAO: Or....someone asking you for directions, and your answer is...."isn't this a glorious day?" You know the answer they'll give back? You need a hearing aid! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Exactly what kind of answers do you want? In a universe where Christians have created 45,000 different denominations why do you expect a single universal answer from atheists. Who says Christians can have 45,000 different ways of believing what Jesus meant and who God is and atheists all have to have arrived at atheism the same way with the same answer. You got a perfectly reasonable answer to your question.

No no. No mistake at all.
You did exactly what the thread was created for.
All good.

Happy Thursday
Some conservative Christian posters appear to think that unless the atheist's answer agrees with a conservative Christian belief system their question has not been answered.

Some conservative Christian posters appear to think that unless the atheist's answer agrees with a conservative Christian belief system their question has not been answered.

Those folks can't ever see that their rantings and ravings do more to damage the ideology they support than most atheists could ever do.

While entertaining, it's also understandable that many just chose to ignore them on almost every level.

Your posts/answers were absolutely following within the context and desired intent of this thread.

Happy Thursday

Exactly what kind of answers do you want? In a universe where Christians have created 45,000 different denominations why do you expect a single universal answer from atheists. Who says Christians can have 45,000 different ways of believing what Jesus meant and who God is and atheists all have to have arrived at atheism the same way with the same answer. You got a perfectly reasonable answer to your question.

READ THE QUESTION.

IF SCIENCE HAS NOT TAKEN THE POSSIBILITY OF GOD OFF THE TABLE - AND IN FACT, HAD CITED A PARTICULAR THEISTIC BELIEF TO BE ALIGNED WITH SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCES FROM VARIOUS DISCIPLINES OF SCIENCE -

WHERE DO ATHEIST BASE THEIR BELIEF THAT GOD DOESN'T EXIST?

Which part of that is so hard to understand?

Don't give me any bull about Christian denominations!
It's a freaking
GENERIC question!

I'm waiting for an answer to that question - IN THAT CONTEXT!

IF SCIENCE HAS NOT TAKEN THE POSSIBILITY OF GOD OFF THE TABLE - AND IN FACT, HAD CITED A PARTICULAR THEISTIC BELIEF TO BE ALIGNED WITH SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCES FROM VARIOUS DISCIPLINES OF SCIENCE -

Atheists don't need proof God doesn't exist to be atheists, a lack of proof that God does exist is enough.

There could be an invisible, intangible living thing in the righthand corner of my room right now. I have absolutely no proof that there isn't. But I am not going to live my life like there is an invisible, intangible living thing in the corner of my room because there is no proof that there is one.

Atheists don't need proof God doesn't exist to be atheists,

Yes you do.....if there are evidence that supports God exists.
You'll need evidence to support yours.

UNLESS - you admit your belief comes from thin air - with nothing to support it, or no basis for it at all.

That means, you believe in something "imaginary."
The imaginary belief that there is no God, or gods.

a lack of proof that God does exist is enough.

But you can't say there is lack of EVIDENCE.
You don't have the actual proof of the invisible atoms either, but we have evidence that they are there.

And.....evidence is enough!
What more, when we're talking about millions of them talking about their experience with God!
So many have converted from atheism to become believers, due to those experiences.

And, testimonies (a lot from reputable people), are not the only evidence there is, either. :)

There could be an invisible, intangible living thing in the righthand corner of my room right now. I have absolutely no proof that there isn't. But I am not going to live my life like there is an invisible, intangible living thing in the corner of my room because there is no proof that there is one.

You may not have the proof - but that doesn't mean they aren't there .......IF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU SAY THERE ARE
intangible living thing in the righthand corner of your room right now.

Lol - if a dozen others say there are - you'd probably go look for your glasses!

Last edited:

You don't have the actual proof of the invisible atoms either, but we have evidence that they are there.

What more, when we're talking about millions of them talking about their experience with God!
And, that's not the only evidence there is, either. :)

You may not have the proof - but that doesn't mean they aren't there .......IF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU SAY THERE ARE

Lol - if a dozen others say there are - you'd probably go look for your glasses!
None of the other people can agree which corner of the room it is in though, so they all sound crazy.

Unfalsifiable propositions are not science. How do we falsify a gods existence? How have you proven the negative about Athena?

None of the other people can agree which corner of the room it is in though, so they all sound crazy.

Unfalsifiable propositions are not science. How do we falsify a gods existence? How have you proven the negative about Athena?

IF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU SAY THERE ARE intangible living thing in the
righthand corner of your room right now.

Go away. Stop interrupting and disrupting.
Your answers are coming from another dimension.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Like as if this thread hasn't become an embarrassment enough for Dragonfly with his non-responsive attitude,
which is totally contradictory to his own OP. Oh boy.

Last edited:
IF A DOZEN OTHER PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WITH YOU SAY THERE ARE intangible living thing in the
righthand corner of your room right now.

Go away. Stop interrupting and disrupting.
Your answers are coming from another dimension.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Your analogy is flawed. They're not all pointing to one corner, they're pointing in 12 different directions.

Your analogy is flawed. They're not all pointing to one corner, they're pointing in 12 different directions.
Lol. Maybe there are more intangible things all over the room! :ROFLMAO:

No matter :
BOTTOMLINE - a dozen people see something intangible that the poster doesn't see.

Haven't you read anything about WITNESSES (of crimes)?
They don't all describe EXACTLY the same things, but that doesn't remove from their credibility!

I'm ignoring you now, Ashes.

Bye.

Last edited:
Don't use words for things that exist. We aren't talking about intangibles, we're talking about magic/supernatural.
No matter :
BOTTOMLINE - a dozen people see something intangible that the poster doesn't see.
It's reasonable to assume I'm in a room with a bunch of crazy people.

They don't all describe EXACTLY the same things, but that doesn't remove from their credibility!
Yes, witness testimony must be corroborated by physical or other evidence, because it is so unreliable.
I'm ignoring you now, Ashes.

Bye.
giphy (1).gif

READ THE QUESTION.

It's a freaking
GENERIC question!
Unfortunately, I don't really understand your question. I can't figure out what context you are referring to. If this is supposed to be a generic question. Generic doesn't have any specific context.

However, I'll rephrase your question so it says what I think you are asking and answer the rephrased question: Since atheists say they accept only scientific proof and since science is now saying God may exist what are atheists going to use to prove God doesn't exist when the only thing they will accept proof from is science. If that is your question. My answer is, I don't know. I can't tell you how every atheist will react to the fact that science says God may exist. There are as many answers to that as there are individual atheists, just as there are 45,000 different ways for Protestants to prove God exists.

Your question appears to be one for which you already have an answer and to which I'm supposed answer with a confession that to concede that atheists can't use science any more.

Correct. I have yet to seen evidence God exists.

I was under the impression "proof" and "evidence" are synonyms, and have been using them as such.
So many have converted from atheism to become believers, due to those experiences.

And, testimonies (a lot from reputable people), are not the only evidence there is, either. :)
Most of the world believes in some sort of God. I don't think all of these people are lying, I think they genuinely experience what they say they do. I just don't think that experience is actually a God, but instead has some sort of scientific explanation. Something created by the brain, perhaps.

I have a hard time believing these experiences have something to do with a God because they contradict each other.

Some say God is a man, others say a woman.
Some say God is selfish and lustful, others say he is kind and pure.
Some say he has one son, others say he has too many children to count.
Some say there is one god, others say there are many.

If all of these people had a personal experience with God or gods, and through that personal experience they learned the information they believe, can all of them be right? No. And if some are wrong, could they all be wrong? Possibly.

So when my cousin comes to me and tells me she had a personal experience with God in a dream, I believe it was very real for her. I believe it had an impact on her, and she is being truthful when she tells me this. But I cannot believe in the god she's talking about.

See, I think I get what ASHES is saying. Your analogy is flawed because it implies that all believers are seeing the same thing, when they aren't. So maybe they all see this intangible thing, but they can't agree on the properties of it.

One says the thing is tall, someone else says it's short. One says it's blue, another says it's green. A man, woman, dog, cat... If I keep getting these mixed messages, I would be unlikely to think that this thing is real, and instead that there is something else at play. Is there a gas leak? Is it some trick of the light?
If by "not exactly" you mean wildly different, contradictory properties then it absolutely calls the validity of their claims into question.

Proving something does not exist is not what Science does, or is about.

We really need to stop making claims about science as if it's a singular person/body/entity that does crap like that.

Also, science can be wrong. That's great thing about science. As technology and information improves, science allows for its results to be modified and/or corrected based on new evidence and repeating the tests against the hypothesis.

I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe in the flat Earth crap.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe in the QAnon crap.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe the Earth has been visited by Intelligent Aliens from other planets.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe people have been abducted and "probed" by Aliens on spaceships.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe Covid is a government hoax.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe vaccinations are just governments implanting tracking devices into humans.

Whatever crazy crap one can come up with that's out there in the world, I have no doubt that some atheists somewhere believe it too.

There are also folks who float in the atheist-agnostic ideology.

We've been over this a ca-zillion times. I started a thread once specifically to define the word "atheist" and shock of all shocks, some people still just can't grasp the concept.

For most atheists the bottom line is simple.
Atheism is not a belief. It's a lack of believe.

As someone else so wonderfully posted (sorry I can't remember who at this moment), anti-theism and atheism are not the same thing.

So why a person doesn't believe can be as varied, wild, subtle, clear, foggy, unimaginable, undefinable, definable, imaginable, rational, irrational, chaotic, hazy, wishy-washy, concise, intelligent, well-thought-out, and sane as why a person does believe.

Trying to force all atheists into one very specific, and very well defined category just won't work.

The only thing they have in common is a lack of belief in a god, or gods. After that it's a free-for-all.
Regardless of what science says or doesn't say.

Proving something does not exist is not what Science does, or is about.

We really need to stop making claims about science as if it's a singular person/body/entity that does crap like that.

Also, science can be wrong. That's great thing about science. As technology and information improves, science allows for its results to be modified and/or corrected based on new evidence and repeating the tests against the hypothesis.

I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe in the flat Earth crap.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe in the QAnon crap.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe the Earth has been visited by Intelligent Aliens from other planets.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe people have been abducted and "probed" by Aliens on spaceships.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe Covid is a government hoax.
I can fully accept the notion that there are atheists out there who believe vaccinations are just governments implanting tracking devices into humans.

Whatever crazy crap one can come up with that's out there in the world, I have no doubt that some atheists somewhere believe it too.

There are also folks who float in the atheist-agnostic ideology.

We've been over this a ca-zillion times. I started a thread once specifically to define the word "atheist" and shock of all shocks, some people still just can't grasp the concept.

For most atheists the bottom line is simple.
Atheism is not a belief. It's a lack of believe.

As someone else so wonderfully posted (sorry I can't remember who at this moment), anti-theism and atheism are not the same thing.

So why a person doesn't believe can be as varied, wild, subtle, clear, foggy, unimaginable, undefinable, definable, imaginable, rational, irrational, chaotic, hazy, wishy-washy, concise, intelligent, well-thought-out, and sane as why a person does believe.

Trying to force all atheists into one very specific, and very well defined category just won't work.

The only thing they have in common is a lack of belief in a god, or gods. After that it's a free-for-all.
Regardless of what science says or doesn't say.
Correct. Atheism has nothing to do with science. A person can not believe in gods AND not believe in science.

Correct. Atheism has nothing to do with science. A person can not believe in gods AND not believe in science.

I'm not sure why the two things are being forced together in such a dishonest way... wait, what?

I'm not sure why the two things are being forced together in such a dishonest way... wait, what?
OR a person can believe in both, with the understanding that man's knowledge of science is limited, at best...

OR a person can believe in both, with the understanding that man's knowledge of science is limited, at best...

Rather hard to believe in the whole Adam & Eve thing, and Noah's Ark, and Jew's wandering a desert for 40 years, as well as what science can prove.

Like evolution, the age of the earth, whether or not a global flood happened just a few thousand years ago....

You know, unless of course you wear some very thick blinders, or believe some very sketchy conspiracy theories.

No matter : BOTTOMLINE - a dozen people see something intangible that the poster doesn't see.
In a discussion about believing in intangibles one shouldn't forget 30,000,000 religious conservatives know for a fact that the election was stolen from Trump.

READ THE QUESTION.

You are saying science has not taken god of the table? You cannot prove a negative or something for which no evidence exists. Scientists try and explain actual things, not magic unproven things. So the claim they have not taken god of the table means nothing, it is based on religious opinions beforehand, which is not scientific.
I do not believe god does not exist, there are no gods, pure and simple. It is based on the absolute non-existence of any evidence whatsoever that there is anything magical or super natural. I do not try and "proof" god does not exist because how should I prove or disprove something that does not exist, that is just a waste of time.

People who believe in gods just ignore the logical part of their brain and have replaced healthy skepticism for religious doctrines. They have replaced their natural curiosity for the truth with blindly accepting religious texts or leaders.

To put it simple, we do not base our atheism on something, we are atheists because there is nothing and we simply accept that because it is the truth. We do not believe gods do not exist because that would be a belief system of some sorts and we atheists do not have a belief system.

It's a freaking
GENERIC question!

Atheism is not that difficult to understand IMO.

624555877-d13b22c3c83bc18b05d639b3dff8058e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom