• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The art of the deal...Germany stops construction of LNG Terminal and blocks american LNG

This pronouncement of the demise of Nord Stream 2 is by Dr. Benjamin L. Schmitt of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and who is also affiliated with Princeton, Stanford and the U.S. National Defense University. (Schmitt earlier this year traveled to the Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station in Antarctica.)

From 2015-2019 Dr. Schmitt served as European Energy Security Advisor at the U.S. Department of State where he advanced diplomatic engagement vital to the energy and national security interests of the Transatlantic community, with a focus on supporting the resilience of NATO’s Eastern Flank as it faced Russian malign energy activities and disinformation campaigns. While at the State Department, Schmitt also served as the 2015 IEEE Department of State Science and Technology Policy fellow.

The bolded refers to you Rostocker and to Russia and Germany.

The Norwegian energy technology firm mentioned in the quote DNV GL is the world's premier inspection corporation to recommend certification and that pulled out of NS 2 Still Kaput the day after Congress sent the new severe sanctions to Trump in the Defense Authorization Act.

Schmitt: Final USA sanctions will stop Nord Stream 2

Moscow tries to project a false sense of Nord Stream 2 momentum ahead of what are likely the final sanctions actions that the US Congress will take that will de facto stop the project for many years if not for good – argues Dr. Benjamin L. Schmitt, Harvard University, and Former U.S. State Department European Energy Security Advisor.

"The reports that Gazprom announced that pipe construction will continue is in my view a purely public relations move by project supporters. This is because the work announced only encompasses 2.6 km of the pipe route in the German Exclusive Economic Zone that, due to the shallow depth, is not targeted by existing or proposed NDAA sanctions. The deeper water work in the Danish Exclusive Economic Zone is the real hurdle as it is covered by both existing and proposed NDAA sanctions and is not part of what is being announced at this time.

"As a result, I read this announcement as a push by Moscow to manufacture a positive headline after the news from DNV GL just a day earlier, and to project a false sense of momentum ahead of what are likely the final sanctions actions that the US Congress will take that will de facto stop the project for many years if not for good."

Mort.

Another american wine you quote. It gets boring tangmo.

The pipeline gets build, if you like it or not. By law it was declared the most important project of the state and its completion the absolute most pressing issue of thsi grand nation.

What you dont realize and what most of the swines you quote dont understand. We can dertify evrything with a pencil stroke of the chancellor. And with this fund, that was ordered to be implemented today, that is pushed into track.

Denmark is out of the game and complies 100%, since it desperatly needs the tunnel. The danish pm already said, it doesnt matter who certifies it.

Americans wines tend to be not very smart and dont understand Germany. For example their blackmail letter they send to the harbor, claiming they would sanction its shareholders and all that. They laughed about this here, because teh harbor is 100% state owned, there is no alternative around it and thus sanctions mean shit.

Denmark complies and the Poles? They get crushed by us as usual.

Germany started a plan to cut Poland out of the CORONA-Relieve fund, which makes them lose 17.5 billion €

You forgot one of our "cultural traits". Our constant wish for revenge, payback and punishment for those who we see as enemies.

You are in a Dilemma Tangmo and none of your rubbish can solve this. Germany is the 2nd most powerful nation in the west.

Your hateful nonsense against us doesnt change the fact, that if you alienate us as allies, Putin wins and the moment you lose Germany as ally, you cease to exist as player at the table in Europe.

Cherskiy is restricted in its movements in the Baltic by the Maritime Law of Restricted Maneuver.

In other words it's a klunker that can't get out of its own way.

The little shitbox Cherskiy has been made over entirely within the same hull and structure and is so laden up and down the sucker can barely move without a flotilla of tugs to grunt it around and about. It now has 6 anchors Rostocker so thar she blows.

All of your little baby boats of the Russian relief flotilla are limited in their movements in the Baltic under the Maritime Law of Restricted Maneuver meaning they are a potential menace to all navigation and ships of the Sea. I'd bet seagulls don't go near 'em either as the stationary Cherskiy with all kinds of lights flashing continues to hug the coast of Kaliningrad.

What kind of vessel is restricted in ability to maneuver?

As defined in Rule 3(g) of the Navigation Rules, a vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver (also called a RAM vessel) is one “which from the nature of her work is restricted in her ability to maneuver as required by [the Navigation Rules], and is therefore unable to keep out of the way of another vessel.” RAM vessels display the dayshape of a black ball-diamond-ball in a vertical line. At night RAM vessels will display three lights in a vertical line: red-white-red. They may also display additional lights and dayshapes, depending on the nature of their work.

Some examples of RAM vessels include a vessel laying, servicing or picking up a navigation aid, submarine cable, or pipeline; a dredge; a vessel engaged in surveying or underwater operations; a vessel engaged in replenishment, cargo or personnel transfer while underway; a towing vessel with a tow that severely restricts the towing vessel and her tow from deviating from their course; a vessel launching or recovering aircraft; a mine-clearing vessel.

You've got a flotilla of klunkers on your hands Rostocker in the Baltic winter storm season besides.

Last edited:
The pipeline gets build, if you like it or not.

Denmark complies and the Poles? They get crushed by us as usual.

Germany started a plan to cut Poland out of the CORONA-Relieve fund, which makes them lose 17.5 billion €

You forgot one of our "cultural traits". Our constant wish for revenge, payback and punishment for those who we see as enemies.

You are in a Dilemma Tangmo and none of your rubbish can solve this. Germany is the 2nd most powerful nation in the west.

Your hateful nonsense against us doesnt change the fact, that if you alienate us as allies, Putin wins and the moment you lose Germany as ally, you cease to exist as player at the table in Europe.

That is vile Rostocker.

Morality is completely absent your malicious calculations that are your norm.

Your end justifies your means absent any presence of morality.

Obama tried unsuccessfully to close Gitmo as his first act so there are a number of people who have their pet project. Myself, I'm ambivalent about that one and I have strong reservations about the prudence of yours.

K is a louse for sure yet trying him in an international court as a war criminal would be a most unwelcome precedent apart from whichever American official might ever be put in that circumstance. There are enemies of the United States who would put 1000 Americans in an international court on charges of war crimes and many other charges if they could do it. Maybe put 10,000 Americans on trial in an international court for this that and other things. So it would be a bad precedent if not a terrible one for the USA to accept that for just about any American.

I recognize you are highly likely to spontaneously combust about this view of it that is shared by the US government and many respected legal personages in the US. But there are just too many America haters out there who would relish the opportunity to pounce in this way, ie, conduct a mass roundup of Americans to haul off into an international court for, say, not severing diplomatic relations after a coup someplace, or for children being blown up in Yemen, settlements in Palestine, Brazil hacking up its rainforest and so on.

Vengeance and retribution singularly against the serpent Henry Kissinger is not my cup of tea nor should it be given global realpolitik and the bloodlust against the United States some self appointed moralists have. In a made for tv documovie about K some decades ago one diplomat called Kissinger a reptile which registered with a lot of viewers to include myself.
I can totally see that point of view...really...And I am aware of the terrible anti American sentiment around, (quite a lot of morons too who don't wanna or cannot unterstand why the USA is an incredibly great country, maybe even the grestest, though it got better recently), and thus I do see were you are coming from.

I must say that it is not in style usually for me to call people evil, since I do believe in radical empathy and all humans, and even those who act horrendously, are complicated and I do believe in the abillity to change and in forgiveness...But at the same time you have to call evil deeds, as you see them, out...that is seminal too...

I was specifically talking about only Kissinger and I think what this man did, intentionally, was truly evil... (I also understand war is complicated and I get utalitarian arguments, but again, situations are different, and I was ONLY talking about Kissinger) (politics and the whole of life are complicated too)
(And yes I understand the arguments from a realpolitik perspective but I still think, and yes we could have a debate about it sometime, that he is a war criminal and the ends don't always justify the means)

I watched a talk from Hitchens and must say, he was very convincing about Kissinger...His book in him, the trial of Henry Kissinger or something is pretty good too as far as I remember...

Last edited:
Obama tried unsuccessfully to close Gitmo as his first act so there are a number of people who have their pet project. Myself, I'm ambivalent about that one and I have strong reservations about the prudence of yours.

K is a louse for sure yet trying him in an international court as a war criminal would be a most unwelcome precedent apart from whichever American official might ever be put in that circumstance. There are enemies of the United States who would put 1000 Americans in an international court on charges of war crimes and many other charges if they could do it. Maybe put 10,000 Americans on trial in an international court for this that and other things. So it would be a bad precedent if not a terrible one for the USA to accept that for just about any American.

I recognize you are highly likely to spontaneously combust about this view of it that is shared by the US government and many respected legal personages in the US. But there are just too many America haters out there who would relish the opportunity to pounce in this way, ie, conduct a mass roundup of Americans to haul off into an international court for, say, not severing diplomatic relations after a coup someplace, or for children being blown up in Yemen, settlements in Palestine, Brazil hacking up its rainforest and so on.

Vengeance and retribution singularly against the serpent Henry Kissinger is not my cup of tea nor should it be given global realpolitik and the bloodlust against the United States some self appointed moralists have. In a made for tv documovie about K some decades ago one diplomat called Kissinger a reptile which registered with a lot of viewers to include myself.
And I also understand, that there are many horrendous deeds commited by certain individuals, some of which you correctly mentioned...And I also don't think people should geh away with all of those too (the ends don't always justify the means)...again, the world is complicated, though some things aren't as much... I think it makes the country better to call out some of the terrible things commited by certain people throughout the years and yes, investigate and have justice

I can totally see that point of view...really...And I am aware of the terrible anti American sentiment around, (quite a lot of morons too who don't wanna or cannot unterstand why the USA is an incredibly great country, maybe even the grestest, though it got better recently), and thus I do see were you are coming from.

I must say that it is not in style usually for me to call people evil, since I do believe in radical empathy and all humans, and even those who act horrendously, are complicated and I do believe in the abillity to change and in forgiveness...But at the same time you have to call evil deeds, as you see them, out...that is seminal too...

I was specifically talking about only Kissinger and I think what this man did, intentionally, was truly evil... (I also understand war is complicated and I get utalitarian arguments, but again, situations are different, and I was ONLY talking about Kissinger) (politics and the whole of life are complicated too)
(And yes I understand the arguments from a realpolitik perspective but I still think, and yes we could have a debate about it sometime, that he is a war criminal and the ends don't always justify the means)

I watched a talk from Hitchens and must say, he was very convincing about Kissinger...His book in him, the trial of Henry Kissinger or something is pretty good too as far as I remember...

Sounds like your thesis is coming along.

I look forward to reading it.

So I guess what I also mean is that it is a terrible precedent not to investigate, and maybe just within the country, terrible actions commited throughout time...But I get your point too...A debate in this could be productive I think...

And thanks for your toughtful and lengthy replies...

And I also understand, that there are many horrendous deeds commited by certain individuals, some of which you correctly mentioned...And I also don't think people should geh away with all of those too (the ends don't always justify the means)...again, the world is complicated, though some things aren't as much... I think it makes the country better to call out some of the terrible things commited by certain people throughout the years and yes, investigate and have justice

If Kissinger should be put on trial it should be right here in the USA first and with Nixon for prolonging the war in Vietnam until after Nixon got reelected. It was Nixon's imperative from the beginning of his first term and K complied completely with it. K and Nixon sent thousands of US troops to VN during the first term knowing they were not going to fight to win while killing time until reelection when the two of 'em would go ahead to leave VN only then.

Yet that's a policy and not a crime per se, so it would be a tough case to win in a US court of law. (This is also true of K's other policies in the various countries and continents globally.) It's clear from the Federalist Papers and Scotus rulings that we don't want to be trying to prosecute our public officials for their policy decisions (or priorities etc).

A prosecutor of K in an international court would likewise have a very tough case to prove in the law that K did or ordered the nasty things he is accused of by critics such as Hutchins among others who are themselves political critics and not lawyers, much less lawyers in the laws of war or statecraft and so on. Although I'm obviously not a lawyer, it seems clear to me that our just knowing and having political proof K is a reptile is just not enough in a respectable court of law anywhere.

That is vile Rostocker.

Morality is completely absent your malicious calculations that are your norm.

Your end justifies your means absent any presence of morality.

No, its called politics and diplomacy. Sugar and whip.

If Kissinger should be put on trial it should be right here in the USA first and with Nixon for prolonging the war in Vietnam until after Nixon got reelected. It was Nixon's imperative from the beginning of his first term and K complied completely with it. K and Nixon sent thousands of US troops to VN during the first term knowing they were not going to fight to win while killing time until reelection when the two of 'em would go ahead to leave VN only then.

Yet that's a policy and not a crime per se, so it would be a tough case to win in a US court of law. (This is also true of K's other policies in the various countries and continents globally.) It's clear from the Federalist Papers and Scotus rulings that we don't want to be trying to prosecute our public officials for their policy decisions (or priorities etc).

A prosecutor of K in an international court would likewise have a very tough case to prove in the law that K did or ordered the nasty things he is accused of by critics such as Hutchins among others who are themselves political critics and not lawyers, much less lawyers in the laws of war or statecraft and so on. Although I'm obviously not a lawyer, it seems clear to me that our just knowing and having political proof K is a reptile is just not enough in a respectable court of law anywhere.
I totally see your point. Thanks again for your toughtful reply!

I very much agree we can't put people on trial for acting like assholes or being reptiles...obviously a crime must have potentially ocurred and then investigated. That is very important.

I do think he commited crimes and Hitchens lays them out very persuasevly I might add...the kidnapping and murder of the head of the general staff of chile for being a hinderance to a coup was concealed from congress as was the bombing of cambodia...neither were, according to Hitchens, the secretaries of state and defence told about it... And Hitchens and others detail many more...

I can totally see your point of rather putting him on trial in the United States and not abroad and I can see why too, as you have detailed.

I will also add that yes, obviously, all of this needs to be thoroughly investigated and Kissinger should not be presumed guilty before potentially proven so like any other Person, a very important principle of law...

And I am interested in hearing arguments as to why he did not commit a specific crime as opposed to just having acted like an asshole...(I guess we both agree he was a reptile...)
I am open to a discussion on that but from what I have read, not just Hitchens, he seems to me to have commited very real crimes.

PS: Thanks again for this very productive discussion! I look forward to continuing it in the future!

I totally see your point. Thanks again for your toughtful reply!

I very much agree we can't put people on trial for acting like assholes or being reptiles...obviously a crime must have potentially ocurred and then investigated. That is very important.

I do think he commited crimes and Hitchens lays them out very persuasevly I might add...the kidnapping and murder of the head of the general staff of chile for being a hinderance to a coup was concealed from congress as was the bombing of cambodia...neither were, according to Hitchens, the secretaries of state and defence told about it... And Hitchens and others detail many more...

I can totally see your point of rather putting him on trial in the United States and not abroad and I can see why too, as you have detailed.

I will also add that yes, obviously, all of this needs to be thoroughly investigated and Kissinger should not be presumed guilty before potentially proven so like any other Person, a very important principle of law...

And I am interested in hearing arguments as to why he did not commit a specific crime as opposed to just having acted like an asshole...(I guess we both agree he was a reptile...)
I am open to a discussion on that but from what I have read, not just Hitchens, he seems to me to have commited very real crimes.

PS: Thanks again for this very productive discussion! I look forward to continuing it in the future!
And yes, thoroughly following the letter of the law and strong protections for anybody accused, innocent until proven guilty, are very important principles of law too...And another reason as to why the USA is such a great country.

And maybe one more thing on this for now:
Because the USA is such a great country that has promoted peace and the rule of law internationally many times, freed europe from Hitler and much more, it is all the more important it seems to me, that if certain individuals don't live up to that like Kissinger in my view, to call those things out in order to make the country better.

But again, we can have a debate about Kissinger specifically and wether or not what he did was illegal...and much more...

Thanks for the informative discussion!

And maybe one more thing in this for now:
Because the USA is such a great country that has promoted peace and the rule of law internationally many times, freed europe from Hitler and much more, it is all the more important it seems to me, that if certain individuals don't live up to that like Kissinger in my view, to call those things out in order to make the country better.

But again, we can have a debate about Kissinger specifically and wether or not what he did was illegal...and much more...

Thanks for the informative discussion!

Promoted Peace and freedom? I Love your Sense of sarcasm. 😁

Promoted Peace and freedom? I Love your Sense of sarcasm. 😁
Like any other country, it did not always live up to that but yes...non sarcastically, the USA did many many great things: being a big part of freeing europe from Hitler, liberating concentration camps, putting the nazis on trial, getting rid of Osama bin Laden, helping to end the cold war without bloodshed and many others...

Now of course, like any other country, the USA did not always live up to its founding ideals of all men being created equal and liberty and prosperity for all and the rule of law as oppesed to rule of kings...But those are the ideals, unlike some other countries ideals...(that does not mean there aren't other great countries but the US was explicetly founded as a country on those ideals of liberty for all in a time, were that was very far from the norm)

Which is why it is so important to call individuals out, who did not live up to those ideals, like Kissinger in my view, to make the country better...

The constitution has some of the best language in it of any constitution in history: the first amendment with freedom of speech, religion, assembly, press and petition...which other country has anything as lucid and beautiful as the first amendment...

Last edited:
Like any other country, it did not always live up to that but yes...non sarcastically, the USA did many many great things: being a big part of freeing europe from Hitler, liberating concentration camps, putting the nazis on trial, getting rid of Osama bin Laden, helping to end the cold war without bloodshed and many others...

Now of course, like any other country, the USA did not always live up to its founding ideals of all men being created equal and liberty and prosperity for all and the rule of law as oppesed to rule of kings...But those are the ideals, unlike some other countries ideals...(that does not mean there aren't other great countries but the US was explicetly founded as a country on those ideals of liberty for all in a time, were that was very far from the norm)

Which is why it is so important to call individuals out, who did not live up to those ideals, like Kissinger in my view, to make the country better...

The constitution has some of the best language in it of any constitution in history: the first amendment with freedom of speech, religion, assembly, press and petition...which other country has anything as lucid and beautiful as the first amendment...

The Nazis were pushed into Power by the USA. Osama bin Laden was supported by USA and His Terror Network Made to attack USSR in Afghanistan.

Our constitution is Superior to yours. French and british as Well.

American Ideals are greed, robbery, blackmail

The Nazis were pushed into Power by the USA. Osama bin Laden was supported by USA and His Terror Network Made to attack USSR in Afghanistan.

Our constitution is Superior to yours. French and british as Well.

American Ideals are greed, robbery, blackmail
Western europe is pretty great too...obviously...I live there...I was talking about the specific things like the first amendment and some of the many great things done by the US. The US constitution is the for example the only one that gurantees freedom of speech without the abillity to lock people up for maybe bad jokes...(the french is pretty great too and other constitutions are great too but not like the US constitution in my view.)

Look every country has positives and negatives but I was replying to something specific you wrote...and pointing out it's founding ideals in a time were those were not the norm...And given everything, I think the US is a wonderful country with great ideals which again is why it id important to call out individuals who did not live up to the founding ideals.

PS: Of course the US did not push the Nazis into power...

Western europe is pretty great too...obviously...I live there...I was talking about the specific things like the first amendment and some of the many great things done by the US. The US constitution is the for example the only one that gurantees freedom of speech without the abillity to lock people up for maybe bad jokes...(the french is pretty great too and other constitutions are great too but not like the US constitution in my view.)

Look every country has positives and negatives but I was replying to something specific you wrote...and pointing out it's founding ideals in a time were those were not the norm...And given everything, I think the US is a wonderful country with great ideals which again is why it id important to call out individuals who did not live up to the founding ideals.

PS: Of course the US did not push the Nazis into power...

The USA heavily supported Hitler with Money, political Support and Organisation.

And freedom of speech is in evry Western constitution.

The German constitution guarentee freedom of speech

Judging by your response it is fair to say you had trouble comprehending the OP.

Is there a particular point you would like to cite?

No, its called politics and diplomacy. Sugar and whip.

It's called a swastika Rostocker is what it's called and Europe knows this.

Germany initiated a proposal that as you posted would deny Poland 17bn euros in Coronavirus aid as Germany knew well the proposal would demolish the entire EU budget vote which is exactly what happened.

So not only did Germany kill the EU CV-19 support to Poland, it triggered a sequence of events Berlin was well aware of happening consequentially, ie, a crisis in the EU over the euros 1.8 trillion budget. The crisis is that now there isn't one, ie, an EU budget. Thank you Germany not.

Yes, the governments of Poland and Hungary need to recommit to democracy in media, speech and the judiciary in particular. EU needs to get on 'em seriously about this. Yet Berlin attaching these important policy changes in each country to the budget to include CV-19 funding is probably the worst approach to take. It shows Europeans that while Germany punishes the two countries cynically, Germany also does this absent any moral compass. While Europe has 325K Covid deaths Germany plays with it out of spite over NS 2 Still Kaput owned by Gazprom of Russia and that is opposed by most of the eastern states led by Poland.

If the EU governments want to make Poland and Hungary honest democrats again in these respects, Germany needs to act democratically as the example, not as the armband goon absent all morality and justice that it is being currently. You are moreover focusing on the country, Poland, that is Europe's fiercest critic of Putin's Russia and that is increasingly the strongest militarily significant non nuclear NATO ally of the US in Europe.

Indeed, Pentagon has for some time been working up plans with Warsaw to shift significant US forces from Germany to Poland which scares the bejeezus out of your defense specialists who know it would spotlight Germany as militarily feeble against the oncoming Russians once again. That is, irrelevant and immaterial to NATO except as a speedbump to slow Russian forces against France until the US can crush 'em.

It's called a swastika Rostocker is what it's called and Europe knows this.

Germany initiated a proposal that as you posted would deny Poland 17bn euros in Coronavirus aid as Germany knew well the proposal would demolish the entire EU budget vote which is exactly what happened.

So not only did Germany kill the EU CV-19 support to Poland, it triggered a sequence of events Berlin was well aware of happening consequentially, ie, a crisis in the EU over the euros 1.8 trillion budget. The crisis is that now there isn't one, ie, an EU budget. Thank you Germany not.

Yes, the governments of Poland and Hungary need to recommit to democracy in media, speech and the judiciary in particular. EU needs to get on 'em seriously about this. Yet Berlin attaching these important policy changes in each country to the budget to include CV-19 funding is probably the worst approach to take. It shows Europeans that while Germany punishes the two countries cynically, Germany also does this absent any moral compass. While Europe has 325K Covid deaths Germany plays with it out of spite over NS 2 Still Kaput owned by Gazprom of Russia and that is opposed by most of the eastern states led by Poland.

If the EU governments want to make Poland and Hungary honest democrats again in these respects, Germany needs to act democratically as the example, not as the armband goon absent all morality and justice that it is being currently. You are moreover focusing on the country, Poland, that is Europe's fiercest critic of Putin's Russia and that is increasingly the strongest militarily significant non nuclear NATO ally of the US in Europe.

Indeed, Pentagon has for some time been working up plans with Warsaw to shift significant US forces from Germany to Poland which scares the bejeezus out of your defense specialists who know it would spotlight Germany as militarily feeble against the oncoming Russians once again. That is, irrelevant and immaterial to NATO except as a speedbump to slow Russian forces against France until the US can crush 'em.

bla bla bla.

Now that our two great nations found a way to deal with this conflict regarding NS II, i am sure, relations will soon get better.

As for poland, they will get thrown under the bus anyways. They do what they always do. Act as pawns for greater powers.

The USA heavily supported Hitler with Money, political Support and Organisation.

And freedom of speech is in evry Western constitution.

The German constitution guarentee freedom of speech
Western european countries plus some others have freedom of opinion, not speech...quite different....Though obviously it is much, much better than most countries... (like china or russia for instance) obviously... (the difference between freedom of speech and opinion being, that you can't have hate speech laws under freedom of speech which seem to me to be always pretty arbitrary given you can't have an objective standart as to what is acceptable speech and what isn't)...again...Western europe is pretty amazing, very amazing indeed and Germany I think was very impressive in the way it dealt with it's nazi past...

As I said, every country has positives and negatives... I was specifically adressing the US and why I think it is a great, if not the greatest country in the World...And very importantly I am talking about countries, their founding ideals, constitution and so on...not people, who, no matter were they are from are individuals and can act morally and decently or not, smart or not no matter where they are from.

The constitution of the US is just the best one in my view which obviously does not mean others, specifically in Western europe, canada, Australia and others are not great too...

Last edited:
bla bla bla.

Now that our two great nations found a way to deal with this conflict regarding NS II, i am sure, relations will soon get better.

As for poland, they will get thrown under the bus anyways. They do what they always do. Act as pawns for greater powers.

You're a bombthrower Rostocker.

The first report that follows is about Nord Stream 2 Still Kaput.

The second listed is about Nord Stream 2 Still Kaput and Turkstream Still Kaput under the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey that has the same sanctions under the same timeline.

While Putin continues to get hammered by US rejection of NS 2 Still Kaput each Russia and the USA are leaving Germany twisting slowly in the wind between 'em.

US seeks 'moratorium' on Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline

5 HOURS AGO

US acting envoy to Germany, Robin Quinville, calls Russia-EU pipeline a political tool "that Kremlin is using to bypass Ukraine and divide Europe."

US has continued to put pressure on Germany and the EU to halt construction of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline linking Russia to Europe, which Washington sees as a "political tool" of the Kremlin, a top envoy said. "Now is the time for Germany and the EU to impose a moratorium on the construction of the pipeline," US acting ambassador to Germany, Robin Quinville, told business daily Handelsblatt on Saturday.

That would send a strong signal to Russia that Europe was not willing to accept "its ongoing malicious behaviour", the diplomat said. "The pipeline is not only an economic project but also a political tool that the Kremlin is using to bypass Ukraine and divide Europe."

US Secretary of Energy calls Nord Stream 2 detrimental to sovereignty of Europe

199113.jpg

United States Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette (pictured) claimed on Friday that the Russia-initiated Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project "is detrimental to the safety and sovereignty of Europe." The project "solidifies Russia's dominance over Europe's natural gas markets," he also alleged in a tweet, adding that Washington calls for "diversity of fuels, routes, and sources flowing through Europe."

The US official was commenting on the US’ military budget for 2021 financial year approved by both chambers of the US Congress, which includes expansion of sanctions against gas pipeline projects Nord Stream 2 and TurkStream.

Kaput.

Mort.

Dead Rostocker.

You're a bombthrower Rostocker.

The first report that follows is about Nord Stream 2 Still Kaput.

The second listed is about Nord Stream 2 Still Kaput and Turkstream Still Kaput under the Black Sea from Russia to Turkey that has the same sanctions under the same timeline.

While Putin continues to get hammered by US rejection of NS 2 Still Kaput each Russia and the USA are leaving Germany twisting slowly in the wind between 'em.

US seeks 'moratorium' on Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline

5 HOURS AGO

US acting envoy to Germany, Robin Quinville, calls Russia-EU pipeline a political tool "that Kremlin is using to bypass Ukraine and divide Europe."

US has continued to put pressure on Germany and the EU to halt construction of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline linking Russia to Europe, which Washington sees as a "political tool" of the Kremlin, a top envoy said. "Now is the time for Germany and the EU to impose a moratorium on the construction of the pipeline," US acting ambassador to Germany, Robin Quinville, told business daily Handelsblatt on Saturday.

That would send a strong signal to Russia that Europe was not willing to accept "its ongoing malicious behaviour", the diplomat said. "The pipeline is not only an economic project but also a political tool that the Kremlin is using to bypass Ukraine and divide Europe."

US Secretary of Energy calls Nord Stream 2 detrimental to sovereignty of Europe

199113.jpg

United States Energy Secretary Dan Brouillette (pictured) claimed on Friday that the Russia-initiated Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline project "is detrimental to the safety and sovereignty of Europe." The project "solidifies Russia's dominance over Europe's natural gas markets," he also alleged in a tweet, adding that Washington calls for "diversity of fuels, routes, and sources flowing through Europe."

The US official was commenting on the US’ military budget for 2021 financial year approved by both chambers of the US Congress, which includes expansion of sanctions against gas pipeline projects Nord Stream 2 and TurkStream.

Kaput.

Mort.

Dead Rostocker.

Words, just that. The construction was started again today.

We are happy that USA issues its opinion and took notice of that. We have a different optinion and since we decide alone about our politics, we dismiss the americans regarding that and move on Whats important is now to complete it quick and take it into operation. The solution our two countries found to complete the pipeline via the statefund is a very nice one.

Western european countries plus some others have freedom of opinion, not speech...quite different....Though obviously it is much, much better than most countries... (like china or russia for instance) obviously... (the difference between freedom of speech and opinion being, that you can't have hate speech laws under freedom of speech which seem to me to be always pretty arbitrary given you can't have an objective standart as to what is acceptable speech and what isn't)...again...Western europe is pretty amazing, very amazing indeed and Germany I think was very impressive in the way it dealt with it's nazi past...

As I said, every country has positives and negatives... I was specifically adressing the US and why I think it is a great, if not the greatest country in the World...And very importantly I am talking about countries, their founding ideals, constitution and so on...not people, who, no matter were they are from are individuals and can act morally and decently or not, smart or not no matter where they are from.

The constitution of the US is just the best one in my view which obviously does not mean others, specifically in Western europe, canada, Australia and others are not great too...

"The best one" implies its better than others, which it is clearly not. Ours is better, so is the one of France and the UK.

I visited the USA and saw a country that is rotten to the core. I would never want to live there

Russia zealots in Germany need to pipe down.

The Russian barge Cherskiy is at the scene where the pipelaying went kaput last December due to US sanctions. The scene is in shallow waters in the German EEZ of less than 30ft depth and thus are not covered by US sanctions because pipelaying at that depth in the German EEZ doesn't matter.

It's only two 2.6km laying of pipes if Cherskiy and her flotilla of other baby boats can do it, ceasing December 31 at the Denmark EEZ. It is moreover the testing of all the Rube Goldberg refittings that have been done the past year as NS 2 has remained still kaput.

The serious and decisive challenge to NS 2 Still Kaput is in the Denmark deep water EEZ where expert after expert says Russia can't do it while Germany stands aside holding Merkel's nuts. Rostocker and Merkel are each from the former East Germany ruled over by the Russian Soviet Union, 1945-91.

Nord Stream 2 Pipeline Targeted in U.S. Defense Bill
Reuters

December 4, 2020

The sanctions in the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) target any companies and individuals providing help to the project, including verification of equipment used to lay the pipeline, and insurance. “These sanctions significantly toughen existing provisions … to cover critical components of the pipeline project,” said a U.S. official familiar with the process of crafting sanctions on Nord Stream 2 and who spoke on condition of anonymity. The Obama administration had also opposed the project and the incoming Biden administration is expected to maintain that policy.

In addition, fear of sanctions has led important companies doing work necessary for the project to drop out. Last month Norway’s DNV GL, a company that had been monitoring the testing and preparation of equipment used by ships to lay the pipeline, suspended work. In September, the world’s largest group of shipping insurers said they would not insure vessels involved in Nord Stream 2. Associations belonging to the International Group of Protection and Indemnity Clubs, including the Shipowners’ Club and the London P&I Club, said they would not provide coverage for any activity involving the Nord Stream 2 or TurkStream, a pipeline project to bring Russian gas to Turkey [under the Black Sea].

Kaput.

Back
Top Bottom