• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The art of the deal...Germany stops construction of LNG Terminal and blocks american LNG

Rostocker

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Maybe one of the "dealmakers last plunders"...

Germany announced today, that the planned LNG terminal in Wilhelmshaven will not be build.

The Terminal was planned to give american companies acess on the german gas markets, one of the most lucrative worldwide. It was a step towards the americans. Germany gets most of its gas through Nordstream I pipeline from russia. USA opposed the new Nordstream II pipeline.

American LNG companiea are under pressure, some already went bancrupt. USA did chose a hostile way and threatened sanctions on german companies who work on Nordstream II. Thats a novum, that USA want sanction an allied nation for its independend energy politics.

The conflict was fuelled by Ted Cruz, who gets heavily funded by american LNG companies.

Experts made it clear from day one, that it is impossible for Germany to let USA dictate its energy politics and that rising pressure will only lead to secure that pipeline construction.

Merkel offered Trump a deal where no side loses face. Germany would fund a LNG Terminal in Wilhelmshaven, so american LNG tankers can dock and sell their gas on the german market. At same time USA drops the threats.

German finance minister Scholz send that proposal to Trump.

Trump did not answer and thought its a good idea to rise pressure in an attempt to simply force Germany to buy american LNG.

Today that backfired. No Terminal means no ships can land their cargo.

The entire German market is lost.

Germany announced today, that the planned LNG terminal in Wilhelmshaven will not be build.

The Terminal was planned to give american companies acess on the german gas markets, one of the most lucrative worldwide. It was a step towards the americans. Germany gets most of its gas through Nordstream I pipeline from russia. USA opposed the new Nordstream II pipeline.

American LNG companiea are under pressure, some already went bancrupt. USA did chose a hostile way and threatened sanctions on german companies who work on Nordstream II. Thats a novum, that USA want sanction an allied nation for its independend energy politics.

The conflict was fuelled by Ted Cruz, who gets heavily funded by american LNG companies.

Experts made it clear from day one, that it is impossible for Germany to let USA dictate its energy politics and that rising pressure will only lead to secure that pipeline construction.

Merkel offered Trump a deal where no side loses face. Germany would fund a LNG Terminal in Wilhelmshaven, so american LNG tankers can dock and sell their gas on the german market. At same time USA drops the threats.

Trump did not answer and thought its a good idea to rise pressure in an attempt to simply force Germany to buy american LNG.

So Germany is engaged in a "Germany First" approach to its affairs?

Seems like I've heard another world leader saying his country's interests should come fist as well. Might have been Trump. Yes! It WAS Trump!

I seem to recall that "America First" was condemned as being a globally divisive policy that would be hurtful to the future of mankind. Seems like i heard GERMANS making that assertion.

Odd how you consider this sauce for the goose to be bad for the gander.

I'll look forward to seeing from which side of your mouth you reply.

So this is what Putin has you post?

Do they pract

So Putin had you post this? Driving a wedge between long time allies?

Do you practice social distancing in your call center in St. Petersburg? Are your desks 6 feet apart? Do they disinfect your keyboards between shift changes?

Poor Germany. Nobody other than Russia is interested in selling them natural gas.

So Germany is engaged in a "Germany First" approach to its affairs?

Seems like I've heard another world leader saying his country's interests should come fist as well. Might have been Trump. Yes! It WAS Trump!

I seem to recall that "America First" was condemned as being a globally divisive policy that would be hurtful to the future of mankind. Seems like i heard GERMANS making that assertion.

Odd how you consider this sauce for the goose to be bad for the gander.

I'll look forward to seeing from which side of your mouth you reply.

No, thats not Germany First, its simply standing our ground against hostile behavior.

Trump tried to force Germany to buy only american LNG. For that he used brutal force, threats and blackmail. They even send a letter to the harbor in Sassnitz and threatened it with financial destruction.

Germany tried the soft way and offered a compromise, to build a terminal so USA can sell its product here. Thats Not Germany First. Some here said we should not have answered at all and ignored the threats. Appeasement rarely works.

Trump chose to believe he can force us anyways. Like the dumb goon he is, he ignored the offer and even raised the pressure.

The answer can be seen today. His blackmail backfired. He lost acess to the German market completly. He miscalculated and you guys pay the price.

Maybe Biden might be able to save the old offer.

USA was hellbend to sell Gas Here. It simply cant find anyone to buy it. When you can have Gas from Russia 30% cheaper

We weren't that hellbent if we weren't willing to enter into binding bookings for the proposed floating port. There are other ports of entry.

We weren't that hellbent if we weren't willing to enter into binding bookings for the proposed floating port. There are other ports of entry.

Dude you obviously cant read?

There is No other LNG Port in Germany. Zero. Nada
Nothing. Nobody was willing to buy the gas here.

What use has LNG Port with full ships but nobody buying the Cargo?

Meanwhile Nordstream I is at full capacity and NS II very much needed.

Do you prefer to feed Putin?

Don't trust Putin, he will cheat you.

The last time the Germans made a peace treaty with Russia it didn't end well at all. :)

Do they pract

Do you practice social distancing in your call center in St. Petersburg? Are your desks 6 feet apart? Do they disinfect your keyboards between shift changes?

I post from Germany and im at home office. Thank you from worrying.

The Poles paid the US 30% less.... Perhaps it is the Germans that fail at negotiations.

The poles are a artificial dwarf country. What they pay is pretty much irrelevant. They have no big consumption and their price is a luring price.

Beside that, Putin sticks to contracts. USA does not.

The last time we made a peace treaty with Russia ended very well.

It was our reunion treaty with Russia. Germany / Eastern Germany and USSR signed it.
Ya, they really had no choice.

Do they pract

you made my day, the best post , ever )))LOL

Ya, they really had no choice.

There is always a choice.

Look dude, your problem is, you dont know history. Germany and Russia deal with each other since 1000 years. And in 90% of that time relations were perfect.

The court language in Russia for some time had been German. They even had a german empress.

Peace in Europe can only exist, when Germany and Russia have good relations

There is always a choice.

Look dude, your problem is, you dont know history. Germany and Russia deal with each other since 1000 years. And in 90% of that time relations were perfect.

The court language in Russia for some time had been German. They even had a german empress.

A choice to stay communist? That system was broken for years before that wall came down. Aren't you from Eastern Germany? Do you miss your communist overlords?

A choice to stay communist? That system was broken for years before that wall came down. Aren't you from Eastern Germany? Do you miss your communist overlords?

Im born after reunion.

Beside that i realize that you have no sense for history, your country has none.

I repeat for you:
Germany and Russia deal with each other since 1000 years. And in 90% of that time relations were perfect.

Brunsbüttel seems to be under the impression they are building one, as is Stade.

Brunsbüttel seems to be under the impression they are building one, as is Stade.

Those were the alternative places for this project. The project is cancelled. There is no LNG port under construction now. Which means your idiotic Cruz failed.

We dont react very good towards blackmail.

Here for you right from one of germans bigegst media:

The stop of the LNG terminal in Wilhelmshaven shatters the US plan for its "freedom gas"

Back
Top Bottom