• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The art of stealing an election

marke

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
This is a Washington Times headline from Dec 15, 2013, and it highlights several cases of past democrat voter fraud ballot box stuffing dating back to 1948. Democrats are at it again and again in Broward County FL, where democrats keep 'finding' more and more uncounted democrat votes days after the election. Is this normal? Hardly. No other precinct in Florida, except for Palm Beach where uncounted democrat votes are also turning up days after the election, has had any problem turning in votes on time in accordance with Florida law. Broward county elections officials are also denying access to their counting process and denying access to the newly discovered ballots in violation of Florida law. The whole democrat voter fraud operation is illegal, immoral, unethical and inexcusable.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/15/editorial-ballot-box-wizardry

There is more Democratic hocus-pocus at play in Virginia

Illinois and Texas have always been notorious for suddenly discovering some new ballots.

No surprise that Florida has joined the club.

Hope that the Republicans have the cojones to scream to the nation (and the world) about the dirty election in Broward County.

It's time that all patriotic Americans (regardless of political affiliation) demand that we have honest elections.

Sure, we will never, ever be as honest as (let us say) Scandinavia, but we can do better.

In fact, Mexico arguably now has cleaner elections than we!

I don't understand why this is so hard to get right. Is all the early voting and absentee ballots necessary? I saw a local news report that showed a room full, thousands, of absentee ballots. This was LOCAL UPSTATE NY, not a major city. Why are there so many absentee ballots? I get what they are for, but I think we are too lenient with the reasons for them.

Maybe all the early ballots and absentee ballots should be counted before election day. Anything received after that does not count.

I don't understand why this is so hard to get right. Is all the early voting and absentee ballots necessary? I saw a local news report that showed a room full, thousands, of absentee ballots. This was LOCAL UPSTATE NY, not a major city. Why are there so many absentee ballots? I get what they are for, but I think we are too lenient with the reasons for them.

Maybe all the early ballots and absentee ballots should be counted before election day. Anything received after that does not count.

We have 50 states with 50 sets of election laws, standards, processes etc. We still have states that do not have a paper backup to their ballots. It is patently ridiculous. Unless we attack the issue at its foundation, we are pissing into the breeze. But it is categorically ridiculous to attack counting centers, to breach counting centers during the count because then you have nobody to hold responsible for the count. The state is responsible for its process. The county counting centers are responsible for the count.

States should be held to a minimum standard for their processes and Counties should be held responsible for their counts. Attacking either DURING the process of election is laughably absurd. You accomplish neither. We just end up embarrassing ourselves worse.

but the right wing propaganda media told the redneck rightie trump supporters that the democrats were stealing the election.

truth is

all the votes haven't been counted yet and now because the election is so close every vote counts. now we are going to have a hand recount. i was living in broward county during the hanging chad debacle. this could get interesting.

republicans want to suppress voting by certain segments of America's population. these votes are.coming from the wrong team.

democrats want to grow the voting base. republicans vote if the democrats can get their people to vote they outnumber republicans badly and can win elections. this election shows what can be done. if they just could have motivated another 10% of their base it would have been a sweep.

The thread title would make a very good book title about the Trump campaign in 2016.

In my state, every ballot is numbered and linked to a voter by signature. Unless Florida is different, this shouldn't really be too hard to figure out. I don't know why this would look like dem cheating. Why would the dems hide ballots in districts where they usually have a majority? Occam's razor calls BS.

My daughter votes absentee because she is a college student but still maintains her ties to home. My mom votes absentee because her back is destroyed and it's hard for her to get to the polls - and really bad when there is a line of any kind. Which one should we take away?

For one thing, as far as I know, the Florida ballot this year is eight pages long....patently ridiculous. Every possible referendum vote cannot possibly be so important that the result is an 8 page ballot. Wake the f--- up Florida.

but the right wing propaganda media told the redneck rightie trump supporters that the democrats were stealing the election.

truth is

all the votes haven't been counted yet and now because the election is so close every vote counts. now we are going to have a hand recount. i was living in broward county during the hanging chad debacle. this could get interesting.

republicans want to suppress voting by certain segments of America's population. these votes are.coming from the wrong team.

democrats want to grow the voting base. republicans vote if the democrats can get their people to vote they outnumber republicans badly and can win elections. this election shows what can be done. if they just could have motivated another 10% of their base it would have been a sweep.
^^ Amen.

An editorial (opinion) from a right wing newspaper calling out supposed trickery/cheating Democrats carries no more weight than any unsupported post from right leaning members of this forum. Stop yer whinin’, pull up your big boy/girl pants and accept losses like grown up’s.

The thread title would make a very good book title about the Trump campaign in 2016.

Yes it would a fictional book for people who still can not accept our President. President Trump!!
Hillary would be the first customer. :doh

Two years in and people still are lost.

^^ Amen.

An editorial (opinion) from a right wing newspaper calling out supposed trickery/cheating Democrats carries no more weight than any unsupported post from right leaning members of this forum. Stop yer whinin’, pull up your big boy/girl pants and accept losses like grown up’s.

Correct Trump is president and will be till 2020!

Yes it would a fictional book for people who still can not accept our President. President Trump!!
Hillary would be the first customer. :doh

Two years in and people still are lost.

I know of no person who denies who holds the Oval Office. Do you?

but the right wing propaganda media told the redneck rightie trump supporters that the democrats were stealing the election. truth is all the votes haven't been counted yet and now because the election is so close every vote counts. now we are going to have a hand recount. i was living in broward county during the hanging chad debacle. this could get interesting.

republicans want to suppress voting by certain segments of America's population.

Waay over simplified. Republicans in Arizona had to go to court to get every ballot counted. It turns out that the democrats were very content with existing counting rules and not interested in counting all ballots from rural areas that favor Republicans. In the end, one can see the irony depending on the situation:

Democrats: We believe in counting every ballot as that is what the spirit of an election is- well except ballots in a close election from Republican areas or Republican demographic groups. Then existing pre-set counting rules must be applied rigorously.

Republicans:
We are strongly opposed to new counting rules that go beyond pre-set regulations as it encourages "found" ballots- well except in a close election where potentially Republican votes are being excluded by pre-set counting regulations. Then the spirit of an election must be applied and every ballot counted.

All of this pales to gerrymandering...the professional way to steal an election.

Illinois and Texas have always been notorious for suddenly discovering some new ballots.

No surprise that Florida has joined the club.

Hope that the Republicans have the cojones to scream to the nation (and the world) about the dirty election in Broward County.

It's time that all patriotic Americans (regardless of political affiliation) demand that we have honest elections.

Sure, we will never, ever be as honest as (let us say) Scandinavia, but we can do better.

In fact, Mexico arguably now has cleaner elections than we!

Do you remember the presidential election of 2000, where a group fo GOP thugs stopped the vote counting in Florida and then the SCOTUS named Bush as president. The old saying is that people in glass houses should not throw stones. And in Florida the votes are there to count aas required by Florida law. The reason that Scott is upset is that it is lowering the margin he is ahead.

All of this pales to gerrymandering...the professional way to steal an election.

Exactly. Which is why we in Michigan just voted to stop such nonsense and give the power to the people rather than the politicians themselves to draw their own districts.

This is a Washington Times headline from Dec 15, 2013, and it highlights several cases of past democrat voter fraud ballot box stuffing dating back to 1948. Democrats are at it again and again in Broward County FL, where democrats keep 'finding' more and more uncounted democrat votes days after the election. Is this normal? Hardly. No other precinct in Florida, except for Palm Beach where uncounted democrat votes are also turning up days after the election, has had any problem turning in votes on time in accordance with Florida law. Broward county elections officials are also denying access to their counting process and denying access to the newly discovered ballots in violation of Florida law. The whole democrat voter fraud operation is illegal, immoral, unethical and inexcusable.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/15/editorial-ballot-box-wizardry

There is more Democratic hocus-pocus at play in Virginia

Thought this was going to be about conservatives gerrymandering, and doing their best to deny minorities their right to vote.

Those are much more applicable as they are actually true, and well documented.

Last edited:
Exactly. Which is why we in Michigan just voted to stop such nonsense and give the power to the people rather than the politicians themselves to draw their own districts.

I'm glad that gerrymandering will be gone here - but I tease my mom that she will lose her beloved democratic rep when they end it. She lives in a tiny red cow-town that happens to be hooked onto a large, skinny gerrymander that includes three larger cities that were grouped together because of their blue population. I forsee them splitting up the cities to include their immediate neighbors and annexing her cow-town onto her neighboring red district which will result in a net gain of at least one blue and rid the state of a very skinny, long, snake of a district.

I doubt the dims even won the house, all smoke and mirrors. They rig everything they touch.

I'm glad that gerrymandering will be gone here - but I tease my mom that she will lose her beloved democratic rep when they end it. She lives in a tiny red cow-town that happens to be hooked onto a large, skinny gerrymander that includes three larger cities that were grouped together because of their blue population. I forsee them splitting up the cities to include their immediate neighbors and annexing her cow-town onto her neighboring red district which will result in a net gain of at least one blue and rid the state of a very skinny, long, snake of a district.

You could be correct about that. No doubt there will be changes. We can only hope that the over all effect will be positive. When 55% of the people in a state vote for a Democrat to be their state rep but 55% of the seats go to Republicans - that is really out of whack.

Maybe we need to get rid of early voting. If you want to vote go stand in line on election day. If it's too much effort for you then your vote is not that important.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

We have 50 states with 50 sets of election laws, standards, processes etc. We still have states that do not have a paper backup to their ballots. It is patently ridiculous. Unless we attack the issue at its foundation, we are pissing into the breeze. But it is categorically ridiculous to attack counting centers, to breach counting centers during the count because then you have nobody to hold responsible for the count. The state is responsible for its process. The county counting centers are responsible for the count.

States should be held to a minimum standard for their processes and Counties should be held responsible for their counts. Attacking either DURING the process of election is laughably absurd. You accomplish neither. We just end up embarrassing ourselves worse.
It does not fall under federal jurisdiction but congress could attach funding restrictions to states that don't comply to a minimum standard

In my state, every ballot is numbered and linked to a voter by signature. Unless Florida is different, this shouldn't really be too hard to figure out. I don't know why this would look like dem cheating. Why would the dems hide ballots in districts where they usually have a majority? Occam's razor calls BS.

My daughter votes absentee because she is a college student but still maintains her ties to home. My mom votes absentee because her back is destroyed and it's hard for her to get to the polls - and really bad when there is a line of any kind. Which one should we take away?
Both

It does not fall under federal jurisdiction but congress could attach funding restrictions to states that don't comply to a minimum standard

I don't think many States actually make their counties conform to a minimum standard and they don't need a Federal Law or Federal money to do that.

Back
Top Bottom