• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Army is rolling out a new fitness test: Will it hold back women?

When people have a hard time meeting certain standards, why do we usually lower the standards?

Links like I provided to prove your statement?

women’s only job in the Army should be cooks in chow hall.

When they compete with men, they loose.

Not to mention how they disrupt a rifle team, because they have a vigina, which all members of the rifle team want.
Nope. Some want the penis.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Kind of a moot point in the near future:

Boots on the ground, is more important.

Than there is this problem with women pilots, no penis:

Flight suits can be equipped with diapers or women can use a GoGurl.

Most of the enlisted females on their first hitch do wind up “with child”. Quick and easy general discharge.
Not true.

Most are married and 30-34 years old when they get pregnant, which indicates not their first tour.

“Recent Army figures show that 54% of female soldiers failed the new Army Combat Fitness Test (ACFT), which is being rolled out on a provisional basis, compared with 7% of men during the second quarter of 2020.“

Only reason for women in the Army is as cooks. No heavy lifting and running required. (Or pooping in ammo cans with 8 guys watching)

They want equality, earn it.

But they won’t, standards will be lowered even though that will undermine the Army's mission.
Fitness tests are fitness tests. If you fail, you fail. I'm sorry you harbor such disdain for women.

If 'diversity hiring" meant making a better "team", then the NBA would be full of short Chinese guys too.

Problem with the current military is too many people are hired who couldn't otherwise get jobs anywhere else. I agree, women should not even be considered for combat rolls anyway. Especially based on the reality that many men can't even pass those tests.

Supply chain work, hospitals, rear echelon stuff.... who cares. But why even consider women for combat roles especially in Army infantry, Marine corps, or any combat roles?

Problem the Navy has had since integrating women into sea duty is that there ends up being a high percentage of them getting pregnant.... duh! Who couldn't have see that coming?
Please post what percentage of women you think get pregnant out to sea.

One Marine Gunny I knew could probably disassemble you.

A couple of our Woman Marines tried the male PFT. Both passed with flying colors. Others tried and struggled. Not one that tried failed.

As long as they can hack it they are Marines.
It takes more to be a Marine than passing a PFT.

The Marine Corps PFT is not very difficult. It also varies depending on your age and gender. For 17 to 20 year olds the requirements are:

Males:
  • Pull-ups - Minimum 4, Maximum 20
  • Sit-Ups - Minimum 80, Maximum 105
  • Run 3 miles - Minimum Time 18 minutes, Maximum Time 25 minutes.
Females:
  • Pull-ups - Minimum 1, Maximum 7
  • Sit-Ups - Minimum 70, Maximum 100
  • Run 3 miles - Minimum Time 21 minutes, Maximum Time 28 minutes.

Thankfully the Marine Corps does not compromise or make exceptions for gender when it concerns qualifications for an MOS. Which is why there are fewer than a dozen female Marines with an "03" combat MOS, and only one female Marine officer. By lowering the standards and making it easier for women to qualify will only result in more soldiers losing their lives in order to be politically correct.

Exceptions to the rule, there are always a few, and they get pregnant.

OP shows 50%+ fail.

Marines typically are humping loads from 97 to 135 pounds for 20 miles, how do those women fair doing that?

Marine Riflemen maybe carry loads that heavy, that far. (More likely they are riding in vehicles of some kind)

How ”typical” is that for support roles?

Links like I provided to prove your statement? women’s only job in the Army should be cooks in chow hall. When they compete with men, they loose. Not to mention how they disrupt a rifle team, because they have a vigina, which all members of the rifle team want.

Wow, back in my day we took a little pride in having discipline. How low is the intelligence of your 'rifle team' that they can't respect a fellow warrior? So would a gay rifleman be disruptive??? I mean a hole is a hole on patrol, it ain't gay if your underway... ✌

Marines typically are humping loads from 97 to 135 pounds for 20 miles, how do those women fair doing that?

✌So question for you.... when did the Marines go back to miles??? Marines I know use 'klicks' for distance, not miles (snipers use yards) I was in the US Army 9th Division as a grunt. On two week 'camping trips' or as a PSG would say the Great OD (out dere) we carried such weight but did 20 Klicks only on road marches.( Most of our field time was moving from one scenario to another, almost always under 10 Klicks.) I guess the Army wanted us to do more than learn to carry heavy loads. Oh as an aside we didn't hump loads, we humped Alice. Alice was the name of the LBE system back in my day. (we commonly referred to it as JBE- junk bearing equipt) I guess now everyone is humping Molle and letting Alice retire...

At least you admit men in the Army lack discipline and self control.

Marines for ground duties. The Navy for the seas. The Air Force for the air. The Space Force (which should have been left with the AF) for Geo-Space.

The Army is like a boat - just a hole you throw money into.
Young men in general have a primary hormonal drive of attracting a mate. Women have a hormonal drive in being provided for by a superior man.
This is the basic truth and denying it is insane.

plus the purpose of women is to get pregnant and raise new life, not to be destructive and end it. Therefore women should not be in any combat duties period

Young men in general have a primary hormonal drive of attracting a mate. Women have a hormonal drive in being provided for by a superior man. This is the basic truth and denying it is insane. plus the purpose of women is to get pregnant and raise new life, not to be destructive and end it. Therefore women should not be in any combat duties period.

So humans are nothing more than animals with clothes??? Unable to control their urges??? How enlightened of you... :rolleyes:

Women have been cold blooded killers through out time. Where have you been? I would say you're so old school but more like Neolithic school... ✌

So humans are nothing more than animals with clothes??? Unable to control their urges??? How enlightened of you... :rolleyes:
Use whatever words you want, people who deny reality tend to create lots of pseudo intellectual BS to defend their clearly irrational position.

Women have been cold blooded killers through out time. Where have you been? I would say you're so old school but more like Neolithic school... ✌
No they haven’t

Use whatever words you want, people who deny reality tend to create lots of pseudo intellectual BS to defend their clearly irrational position.

You should consider taking your own advice... people who deny reality end up being super spreaders at the worse possible time. ✌

No they haven’t

The pendulum always swings too far to the left or to the right.

In a commendable effort to give women equal rights, common sense has often been denied: Men are men, and women are women.

For example, I have heard that it is very difficult to recruit female fire fighters. It is simply too d*amned hard a job for most women. And the women who do join are usually assigned to administrative duties, such as being the fire chief.

(With all due respect, I think that the boys on Iwo Jima would have thought the idea of women in combat as an insane idea.)

The pendulum always swings too far to the left or to the right.

In a commendable effort to give women equal rights, common sense has often been denied: Men are men, and women are women.

For example, I have heard that it is very difficult to recruit female fire fighters. It is simply too d*amned hard a job for most women. And the women who do join are usually assigned to administrative duties, such as being the fire chief.

(With all due respect, I think that the boys on Iwo Jima would have thought the idea of women in combat as an insane idea.)
Women in combat is not an insane idea, if handled correctly. If it is being done for political correctness purposes, then it will only result in getting more people killed, men and women alike. There needs to be one qualifying standard established for each MOS. It should not matter whether they are male or female, to obtain an MOS everyone must meet the exact same standard. If they cannot meet that standard, regardless whether they are male or female, then they should not be entitled to that MOS.

When we see the standards being lowered for women, like we do today, then we have taken the politically correct route to get more of our soldiers killed.

Back
Top Bottom