• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Arab Spring, Syrian and the Western Intervention

Do you agree with the views discussed in this thread?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stan1990

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Syria was a peaceful and marvellous country until democracy arrived under the banner of the Arab Spring. No doubt, the Arab Spring was the product of the Creative Chaos, the term originated back to the United States minister of state Condoleezza Rice. The Arabs must be overwhelmed by ethnic, religious and sectarian to prevent them from being united or conduct any collective action. The purpose of the Arab Spring is to divide the Middle East into ethnic and sectarian territories. Bernard Lewis and other Western political elites didn't hide their intentions and planes that tailored to service the best of Western powers interests not of the people.

The promises of prosperity and economic growth under the banner of American creative chaos was a pile of rubbish and can be countered by the fact on the ground. In every country American democracy knocked on its doors, the situation got worse: Tunisia is on the brink of bankruptcy, billions of dollars were lost in Egypt as the economy went in a free fall, Libyan Sovereign wealth fund and foreign investments evaporated. In Syria, the situation was the worst: infrastructure destroyed, cities levelled to the ground, population displaced and hundreds of thousand neither dead, wounded or missing.

The game in Syria started with the claimed peaceful protesters and ended with Moderate Opposition. The media used these terms in cheap propaganda; however, they don't exist in reality. In the United States, proclaimed as democracy, an unlicensed demonstration is banned by law. Moreover, taking over a building neither public or private is considered a criminal offence. Gene Sharp in his book, "How Non-Violent Struggle works," classified take overbuilding is an act non-violent which is nonsense. The application of Gene Sharp theories come with dual standard. In Syria, occupy public building is an act of freedom but in Britain or France, it's a criminal act.

Why the French president doesn't step down after nine innocent peaceful yellow vest protesters killed, hundreds arrested and wounded? Is this against democracy or not? How many victims must fall in France before United Nation conscious wake-up? France was advising the Syrian president non-stop to leave his position. Furthermore, the French media was broadcasting false reports regarding the crisis in Syria. Who gave the American, French, British and other governments to intervene in Syria to force their views down the throats of the Syrian people?

The Syrian people have the right to decide the shape of the political system of their country. Let's not forget what had happened in Gaza Palestine, the election that was described by the international community as democratic and transparent. Was the situation in Gaza got any better? Hamas, the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood won the election and used strict view of Islam to oppress their opponents. Libya is another clear example of Western intervention creating worst situation than the precedent one. The western philosophy of intervention in the quest for an idealistic political regime in Libya destroyed the country, and release the genie from the bottle. The American ambassador in Libya was killed by the same group Western intervention support to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi, and now, his son Saif al-Islam Gaddafi is the only hope to restore peace to a country torn down by a civil war.

End

I didn't see the Arab Spring as a spontaneous uprising of the natives in either Libya or Syria. I viewed it as a carefully controlled insurrecton organized and funded by the USA. The CIA/NED organized protestors during the 2011 Syrian election against Assad and when they lost the election to Assad used the same protestors form a rebel army and supplied money and arms. The same is true in Libya. Worse, in Libya they formed a ratline to ship Libyan arms to rebels in Syria. These rebels included al Qeda groups and often ISIS wound up with the arms. Syria has minor OIL and major pipeline routes. Libya has OIL and Mediterranean access. Qaddaffi must have been a terrible guy, building the most prosperous nation in Africa. Not only that but the citizens had free University educateion, free housing, water in the desert, free food, etc., and all provided by the citizen's patrimony, the OIL money. Sounds like a brutal dictator for sure, eh? In Syria, the USA is always on the side of those opposing Assad, including ISIS. We sold weapons to Saudi Arabia and Qatar and they gave the weapons to their Wahabi/Salafist brothers a/k/a ISIS. Yessir, ya' play with scumbags, ya' get some on ya'. The CIA even seems to have sent their 20 year Langley, Virginia resident Haftar to front for them in Libya. You;ll remember that these Natons had "color flag revolutions." False flag revolutions as a standard USA/CIA trademark. It worked in Ukraine, but that's not the subject line. Gaza is a cluster. If the Israelis repatriate the Palestinians they will soon be outvoted. I think Zionists run Israel, not Jews.
I didn't read the entire post before I voted. It appeared on my screen looking complete at one paragraph. I would change my vote it I knew how. I would vote "yes.".
/

I didn't see the Arab Spring as a spontaneous uprising of the natives in either Libya or Syria. I viewed it as a carefully controlled insurrecton organized and funded by the USA. The CIA/NED organized protestors during the 2011 Syrian election against Assad and when they lost the election to Assad used the same protestors form a rebel army and supplied money and arms. The same is true in Libya. Worse, in Libya they formed a ratline to ship Libyan arms to rebels in Syria. These rebels included al Qeda groups and often ISIS wound up with the arms. Syria has minor OIL and major pipeline routes. Libya has OIL and Mediterranean access. Qaddaffi must have been a terrible guy, building the most prosperous nation in Africa. Not only that but the citizens had free University educateion, free housing, water in the desert, free food, etc., and all provided by the citizen's patrimony, the OIL money. Sounds like a brutal dictator for sure, eh? In Syria, the USA is always on the side of those opposing Assad, including ISIS. We sold weapons to Saudi Arabia and Qatar and they gave the weapons to their Wahabi/Salafist brothers a/k/a ISIS. Yessir, ya' play with scumbags, ya' get some on ya'. The CIA even seems to have sent their 20 year Langley, Virginia resident Haftar to front for them in Libya. You;ll remember that these Natons had "color flag revolutions." False flag revolutions as a standard USA/CIA trademark. It worked in Ukraine, but that's not the subject line. Gaza is a cluster. If the Israelis repatriate the Palestinians they will soon be outvoted. I think Zionists run Israel, not Jews.
I didn't read the entire post before I voted. It appeared on my screen looking complete at one paragraph. I would change my vote it I knew how. I would vote "yes.".
/

Thanks for your comment. I will allow change of voting in my next thread.

Syria was a peaceful and marvellous country until democracy arrived under the banner of the Arab Spring. No doubt, the Arab Spring was the product of the Creative Chaos, the term originated back to the United States minister of state Condoleezza Rice. The Arabs must be overwhelmed by ethnic, religious and sectarian to prevent them from being united or conduct any collective action. The purpose of the Arab Spring is to divide the Middle East into ethnic and sectarian territories. Bernard Lewis and other Western political elites didn't hide their intentions and planes that tailored to service the best of Western powers interests not of the people.

The promises of prosperity and economic growth under the banner of American creative chaos was a pile of rubbish and can be countered by the fact on the ground. In every country American democracy knocked on its doors, the situation got worse: Tunisia is on the brink of bankruptcy, billions of dollars were lost in Egypt as the economy went in a free fall, Libyan Sovereign wealth fund and foreign investments evaporated. In Syria, the situation was the worst: infrastructure destroyed, cities levelled to the ground, population displaced and hundreds of thousand neither dead, wounded or missing.

The game in Syria started with the claimed peaceful protesters and ended with Moderate Opposition. The media used these terms in cheap propaganda; however, they don't exist in reality. In the United States, proclaimed as democracy, an unlicensed demonstration is banned by law. Moreover, taking over a building neither public or private is considered a criminal offence. Gene Sharp in his book, "How Non-Violent Struggle works," classified take overbuilding is an act non-violent which is nonsense. The application of Gene Sharp theories come with dual standard. In Syria, occupy public building is an act of freedom but in Britain or France, it's a criminal act.

Why the French president doesn't step down after nine innocent peaceful yellow vest protesters killed, hundreds arrested and wounded? Is this against democracy or not? How many victims must fall in France before United Nation conscious wake-up? France was advising the Syrian president non-stop to leave his position. Furthermore, the French media was broadcasting false reports regarding the crisis in Syria. Who gave the American, French, British and other governments to intervene in Syria to force their views down the throats of the Syrian people?

The Syrian people have the right to decide the shape of the political system of their country. Let's not forget what had happened in Gaza Palestine, the election that was described by the international community as democratic and transparent. Was the situation in Gaza got any better? Hamas, the Palestinian branch of the Muslim Brotherhood won the election and used strict view of Islam to oppress their opponents. Libya is another clear example of Western intervention creating worst situation than the precedent one. The western philosophy of intervention in the quest for an idealistic political regime in Libya destroyed the country, and release the genie from the bottle. The American ambassador in Libya was killed by the same group Western intervention support to overthrow Muammar Gaddafi, and now, his son Saif al-Islam Gaddafi is the only hope to restore peace to a country torn down by a civil war.

End

Syria is and was run by a dictator....

Daddy dictator and Son dictator....

Peaceful because the opposition was locked up or killed. Marvelous is not the word I would use.

"The situation for human rights in Syria is considered egregiously poor among international observers. A state of emergency was in effect from 1963 until April 2011, giving security forces sweeping powers of arrest and detention. From 1973 to 2012, Syria was a single-party state. "

The authorities have been accused of harassing and imprisoning human rights activists and other critics of the government.[3] According to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, freedom of expression, association and assembly are strictly controlled, and women and ethnic minorities face discrimination.[2][3]

According to Human Rights Watch, President Bashar al-Assad failed to improve Syria’s human rights record in the first 10 years of his rule,[4] and Syria's human rights situation remained among the worst in the world.[5] According to Amnesty International, the government may be guilty of crimes against humanity based on "witness accounts of deaths in custody[6] and extrajudicial executions,[7][8][9][10] torture, rape,[17][18][19][20] and arbitrary detention and forced disappearances[21] during the crackdown against the 2011 uprising and during the Syrian Civil War.[22] The regime has also conducted chemical attacks against its own civilians.

Hmmmmmm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_in_Syria

Last edited:

Peaceful because the opposition was locked up or killed. Marvelous is not the word I would use.

"The situation for human rights in Syria is considered egregiously poor among international observers. A state of emergency was in effect from 1963 until April 2011, giving security forces sweeping powers of arrest and detention. From 1973 to 2012, Syria was a single-party state. "

The authorities have been accused of harassing and imprisoning human rights activists and other critics of the government.[3] According to Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch, freedom of expression, association and assembly are strictly controlled, and women and ethnic minorities face discrimination.[2][3]

According to Human Rights Watch, President Bashar al-Assad failed to improve Syria’s human rights record in the first 10 years of his rule,[4] and Syria's human rights situation remained among the worst in the world.[5] According to Amnesty International, the government may be guilty of crimes against humanity based on "witness accounts of deaths in custody[6] and extrajudicial executions,[7][8][9][10] torture, rape,[17][18][19][20] and arbitrary detention and forced disappearances[21] during the crackdown against the 2011 uprising and during the Syrian Civil War.[22] The regime has also conducted chemical attacks against its own civilians.

Hmmmmmm

Your view/fantasy of the alternative World supported by the NeoCon Narrative is noted. The real World beckons for thee!
/

Your view/fantasy of the alternative World supported by the NeoCon Narrative is noted. The real World beckons for thee!
/

Sez the guy getting his version of reality from CT sites and Russian propaganda.....

A man bereft of history knowledge.... A defender of North Korea, the dictatorship in Syria, and the illegal annexation of Crimea....

Have you figured out how you screwed up in the precursor thing yet?

/

Your worldview is consistently Kremlin disinformation.

Hmmmmmm

The status of human rights in the U.S is poor too. A country with high imprisonment comparing to the total population more than countries like China, India or Russia shouldn't advise people about democracy and human rights. American government can't control a few gangs in the streets of Los Angeles to solve problems thousands of miles away.

The status of human rights in the U.S is poor too. A country with high imprisonment comparing to the total population more than countries like China, India or Russia shouldn't advise people about democracy and human rights. American government can't control a few gangs in the streets of Los Angeles to solve problems thousands of miles away.

How many free elections has Syria had?

How many Americans have been Sarin or Chlorine gassed?

BTW - You never answered about the little girl.

How many free elections has Syria had?

How many Americans have been Sarin or Chlorine gassed?

BTW - You never answered about the little girl.

I answered you about the little girl but you are looking for argue not an answer.
As far as it goes with free election, many American people thought that 2016 election was fraudulent. Michael Moore is an American director and movie producer, not a Syrian one. He produced a movie about fraudulent election of George.W.Bush in year 2000. In addition, there were rumors that 2004 election George.W.Bush vs John Kerry was fraudulent too.

I answered you about the little girl but you are looking for argue not an answer.
As far as it goes with free election, many American people thought that 2016 election was fraudulent. Michael Moore is an American director and movie producer, not a Syrian one. He produced a movie about fraudulent election of George.W.Bush in year 2000. In addition, there were rumors that 2004 election George.W.Bush vs John Kerry was fraudulent too.

No, you didn't answer. YOU claimed three separate events that the White Helmets used her. YOU. I asked YOU if they had her wear the exact same clothes at these three events and what were the three events...

Rumors, thought....

You really have no defense for Assad.

Murderer, dictator, coward.

Why do you support him?

No, you didn't answer. YOU claimed three separate events that the White Helmets used her. YOU. I asked YOU if they had her wear the exact same clothes at these three events and what were the three events...

Rumors, thought....

You really have no defense for Assad.

Murderer, dictator, coward.

Why do you support him?

I did answer your question about the little girl
And you are Al-Qaeda supporter

I did answer your question about the little girl
And you are Al-Qaeda supporter

Post number where you told us what three events this girl was taken to? Dressed the same way. Hair the same.

And why the hell would would you believe I am an Al Qaeda supporter? Any logical reason? Or is it because I unveil your lies?

Post number where you told us what three events this girl was taken to? Dressed the same way. Hair the same.

And why the hell would would you believe I am an Al Qaeda supporter? Any logical reason? Or is it because I unveil your lies?

You are the one lying and providing immoral reasoning for a bloody organization such as Al Qaeda.

You are the one lying and providing immoral reasoning for a bloody organization such as Al Qaeda.

And why the hell would would you believe I am an Al Qaeda supporter? Any logical reason? Or is it because I unveil your lies? And what lies have I told?

What "immoral reasoning for a bloody organization such as Al Qaeda" have I made?

Back
Top Bottom