• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The appearance of this site is simply not very conducive to the art of debate.

MondoManDevout

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Am I the only one who thinks so? It's simply much too cluttered. Up until recently actually, anytime I wanted to discuss policy I actually went to Gamefaq.com's War on Terrorism board-yes, I preferred a gaming site for discussion to this one, because the page layout was MUCH easier on the eyes. This site treats its forum too much like an entertainment forum, with its allowance of huge graphics, smileys, etc. I dunno . . . someone else wanna give some input?

I agree, but we gotta pay our bills and advertising is key to have this site remain free.

A donation will remove the left bar & advertising.

The smilies are for folks that wish to express themselves utilizing them. Some folks can't stand them, and others do not want to post without them. In order to circumvent the "bias of smilies" - we allow them and have many available for the community.

Viewing them is still optional.
USER CP > Edit Options > Visible Post Elements

vauge said:
I agree, but we gotta pay our bills and advertising is key to have this site remain free.

A donation will remove the left bar & advertising.

The smilies are for folks that wish to express themselves utilizing them. Some folks can't stand them, and others do not want to post without them. In order to circumvent the "bias of smilies" - we allow them and have many available for the community.

Viewing them is still optional.
USER CP > Edit Options > Visible Post Elements

Like this one, this one is my favorite, and actually lends meaning to my post.:yt

I have quite a bit turned off. I don't see avatars, images, signatures, etc.

I don't care for 'em.

As most veteran members know, I DESPISE photoshopped images....

Nothing better to show ineptness at debate than posting somethin a four-year-old could make with a $5 application...:roll:

Some prefer a businesslike strict text format while others enjoy visuals. Site graphics are either revenue or information inspired, and member graphics afford an opportunity to exhibit some personality. As Vauge suggested, you can always elect to disable many graphic displays here at DP.

As always, all constructive comments and suggestions are welcomed and encouraged.

I don't believe in censoring, ignoring, editing graphics, etc on anything. It's all about getting your message out and understood. How one does that is a combination of their own personal preferences and the readers personal prejudices. If you just want to text out your message, that's OK. If you want to do it through metaphors and images, that's fine too. It all falls under the heading of communication. The less communication we have, the less problems we will solve.

This is the first debate site i ever joined, so I dont know any better. :shrug:

I've left all my settings the same and it seems really easy to navigate, post, and find my favorite threads to me.

MondoManDevout said:
Am I the only one who thinks so? It's simply much too cluttered. This site treats its forum too much like an entertainment forum, with its allowance of huge graphics, smileys, etc. I dunno . . . someone else wanna give some input?

Oh, I so agree....

Attachments

• My guys 062.jpg
    My guys 062.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 19
  • My guys 065.JPG
    My guys 065.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 20
teacher said:
Oh, I so agree....

That is some good stuff sir, you should really think about marketing that stuff, classic!:rofl

:rofl Teacher... yer a hoot!

Tashah said:
:rofl Teacher... yer a hoot!

Yes. :smile: :smile:

The thing is, we all get used the board we 'trained on' and when we move to a different forum, it is irritating when things don't work exactly like they did in our former home. I was one of the vocal ones in finding this site difficult to navigate when I first arrived and it did take some effort to begin feeling comfortable here. Now there are still features I miss, and some nice features here that other boards don't offer. I'm still learning, but it's home now.

Vauge, figure out some way we can send a money order. etc. for those unwilling to risk their credit card number to what may be an unsecure site, and I think you'll get more donations. Mine for instance.

AlbqOwl said:
Yes. :smile: :smile:

The thing is, we all get used the board we 'trained on' and when we move to a different forum, it is irritating when things don't work exactly like they did in our former home. I was one of the vocal ones in finding this site difficult to navigate when I first arrived and it did take some effort to begin feeling comfortable here. Now there are still features I miss, and some nice features here that other boards don't offer. I'm still learning, but it's home now.

Vauge, figure out some way we can send a money order. etc. for those unwilling to risk their credit card number to what may be an unsecure site, and I think you'll get more donations. Mine for instance.

I believe you can send a money order to paypal.

Kelzie said:
I believe you can send a money order to paypal.

But how? Who do you address it to? You have to keep things really simple for us computer illiterate types you know.

Back
Top Bottom