• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Apoplectic Skeptic

What jesus taught, obviously wasn't learned very well. If I remember correctly the crusades included those who believe in christianity? How about the Inquisition, more religion killing in the name of god. Hell the folks in the middle east of the same religion are killing each other because on side isn't practicing Islam in the right way. So what god taught and man learned is two completely different things.

And who's fault is that? Put the blame on the people, not God...

What jesus taught, obviously wasn't learned very well. If I remember correctly the crusades included those who believe in christianity? How about the Inquisition, more religion killing in the name of god. Hell the folks in the middle east of the same religion are killing each other because on side isn't practicing Islam in the right way. So what god taught and man learned is two completely different things.
You quoted the entire OP. Did you read it?
Which type of skeptics do you think you're being here?

A skeptic who denies the truth...

And who's fault is that? Put the blame on the people, not God...

But they were killing each other in the name of god during the crusades and the catholic church was killing heretics during the inquisition in the name of god. I hear you can judge a person from the company they keep. If that's true, hanging out with god turns people into killers.

Any kind, skeptical. As in I'm kinda' skeptical about that. It could be any subject.

This so-called skeptic would not be convinced by any evidence and is dismissive of evidence
This so-called skeptic tends to discredit rather than investigate, employs double standards in the application of criticism,
and assumes criticism requires no burden of proof.
Not much to respect here.

That's Ramoss. You rightly identified him in your OP. He dismisses all evidences in favor of Christianity. He bad-mouths all Christian books and research that substantiates the faith. He mocks Christian websites, says Messianic Jews are not Jews, and makes unsubstantiated claims ("You've never read that book...") to run down Christian debaters. He mocks legitimate Christian scholars and their education and universities or seminaries attended.

And where is Ramoss??

That's Ramoss. You rightly identified him in your OP. He dismisses all evidences in favor of Christianity. He bad-mouths all Christian books and research that substantiates the faith. He mocks Christian websites, says Messianic Jews are not Jews, and makes unsubstantiated claims ("You've never read that book...") to run down Christian debaters. He mocks legitimate Christian scholars and their education and universities or seminaries attended.

And where is Ramoss??

This is the logical fallacy known as 'ad hominen. ', and also confusing the terms 'Evidence' and 'Claims'. And, yes, Messianic Jews are not jews. People of the jewish faith a have a special name for them, we call them "Christians"> In fact, a messanic Jew can not have a Jewish wedding in Israel, by law.

From https://www.nytimes.com/1989/12/27/...r-jesus-cannot-automatically-be-citizens.html

'Messianic Jews attempt to reverse the wheels of history by 2,000 years,'' Justice Elon wrote in a passage quoted by the Israeli newspapers. ''But the Jewish people has decided during the 2,000 years of its history'' that Messianic Jews ''do not belong to the Jewish nation and have no right to force themselves on it. Those who believe in Jesus are, in fact, Christians.''

Last edited:
But they were killing each other in the name of god during the crusades and the catholic church was killing heretics during the inquisition in the name of god. I hear you can judge a person from the company they keep. If that's true, hanging out with god turns people into killers.

Wrong...God does not claim/know everyone claiming to know Him...

Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works* in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew* you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:21-23

Wrong...God does not claim/know everyone claiming to know Him...

Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works* in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew* you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’" Matthew 7:21-23

why not if we are all god's creations?

why not if we are all god's creations?

It says right in the quote...they are not doing His will but are workers of lawlessness, like the ones you spoke of...

It says right in the quote...they are not doing His will but are workers of lawlessness, like the ones you spoke of...

Wouldn't it have been easier to just create us without a gene that makes us want to kill one another? Are you going to try to invent a machine that self-destructs unless you are a god of war?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just create us without a gene that makes us want to kill one another? Are you going to try to invent a machine that self-destructs unless you are a god of war?

Killing is a choice...I've never killed anyone...have you?

"Chasing the horizon" is more apt as a metaphor, I'd say. The life of the mind cannot but venture out toward the ever-receding limits of its understanding. Is this a fruitful adventure? Forbidden fruit though it be, advocates of the humanities (like me) see it as the only adventure worthy of mind.

But my concern is that many think the horizon is an actual place you arrive at, or that it only lies in one direction, or to which some are closer than others.

But my concern is that many think the horizon is an actual place you arrive at, or that it only lies in one direction, or to which some are closer than others.
The horizon, as a metaphor for human understanding, lies in every direction at the same distance for Albert Einstein or Immanuel Kant as for my Uncle Guido or Ricjard Dawkins.

This is the logical fallacy known as 'ad hominen. ', and also confusing the terms 'Evidence' and 'Claims'. And, yes, Messianic Jews are not jews. People of the jewish faith a have a special name for them, we call them "Christians"> In fact, a messanic Jew can not have a Jewish wedding in Israel, by law.

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. - Romans 2

"Just as Abraham believed God and his faith was counted as righteousness (Genesis 15:6), so are all today who believe in God’s Son justified apart from the Law. In this way, Abraham is the “father” of all who believe (Romans 4:11–17). “If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).

28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:
29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. - Romans 2

"Just as Abraham believed God and his faith was counted as righteousness (Genesis 15:6), so are all today who believe in God’s Son justified apart from the Law. In this way, Abraham is the “father” of all who believe (Romans 4:11–17). “If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29).

Those, of course, are meaningless about who or is is not of the Jewish faith. They are not Jewish scriptures. People who use the New Testament as part of their scriptures are Christians, not Jews.

Those, of course, are meaningless...

No, your denial is what's meaningless. Nor, according to the OT scriptures, are you a Jewish believer. You don't even believe in the Jewish God.

No, your denial is what's meaningless. Nor, according to the OT scriptures, are you a Jewish believer. You don't even believe in the Jewish God.

That is up to the people of the Jewish faith to determine, not you. And, you do not know what I believe, except i don't accept the New testament, nor Jesus as a messiah.

That is up to the people of the Jewish faith to determine, not you.

No, Ramoss. It's up to God and his Word to decide.

And I do know what you believe. You believe the supernatural, Jewish God doesn't exist. If you think He does then clearly admit it.

No, Ramoss. It's up to God and his Word to decide.

And I do know what you believe. You believe the supernatural, Jewish God doesn't exist. If you think He does then clearly admit it.

And the New Testament is not God's word.

Which God is that, Ramoss?

The one True God of course, Not this 'three in one' god that sounds like a brand of machine oil.

Back
Top Bottom