• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Anything and Everything Topics Related To Abortion Thread

Removable Mind

Irremovable Intelligence
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is "The Anything and Everything Topics Related To Abortion Thread:. In other words don't feel restricted to any specific topic related to abortion.

No thread in DP is on topic all of the time. Some threads get so diluted there like a pat of butter spread on a loaf of bread.

So why waste a good opportunity to keep those free streaming thoughts from being expressed - especially when somebody says, "That's not related to the thread topic. Or..."Your post isn't irrelevant to the topic."

The thing about all of the possible abortion topics - they really are related at some level or some capacity. I mean this could include biology, legal/constitutional issues, philosophical issues, etc, etc....

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves...

Maternal deaths are a very real concern , whether it is caused by pregnancy , childbirth , or unsafe abortions.

From WHO

A: In 2015, an estimated 303 000 women will die from complications related to pregnancy or childbirth. In addition, for every woman who dies in childbirth, dozens more suffer injury, infection or disease.

The majority of maternal deaths are due to haemorrhage, infection, unsafe abortion, and eclampsia (very high blood pressure leading to seizures), or from health complications worsened in pregnancy.

In all these cases, unavailable, inaccessible, unaffordable, or poor quality care is fundamentally responsible.
Maternal deaths are detrimental to social development and wellbeing, as some 1 million children are left motherless each year. These children are more likely to die within 1-2 years of their mothers' death.

WHO | Why do so many women still die in pregnancy or childbirth?

Maternal deaths are a very real concern , whether it is caused by pregnancy , childbirth , or unsafe abortions.

From WHO

WHO | Why do so many women still die in pregnancy or childbirth?

I read an interest thing the other day, Minnie. The year following the Roe v Wade decision, maternal deaths dropped by over 40%.

Prior to Roe v Wade, doctors walked on eggshells for fear of claims that they were performing illegal. It wasn't until the late 50s that review panels were established in hospitals to look over cases that involve women that doctors made claim that their life were really in jeopardy. So even though reforms were in progress to deal with threaten problems, doctors remained on touchy grounds.

Actually Roe v Wade was a class action suit file by women...and doctors. Prior to Roe v Wade, doctors in Texas were being prosecuted for performing abortion. I'm sure doctors in other states had the same issues.

This is "The Anything and Everything Topics Related To Abortion Thread:. In other words don't feel restricted to any specific topic related to abortion.

No thread in DP is on topic all of the time. Some threads get so diluted there like a pat of butter spread on a loaf of bread.

So why waste a good opportunity to keep those free streaming thoughts from being expressed - especially when somebody says, "That's not related to the thread topic. Or..."Your post isn't irrelevant to the topic."

The thing about all of the possible abortion topics - they really are related at some level or some capacity. I mean this could include biology, legal/constitutional issues, philosophical issues, etc, etc....

Feel free to talk amongst yourselves...

Women are filthy whores and murderers! And they should have control over their own reproductive choices and have access to free birth control and abortions without fear of judgment!!

How's that?

Women are filthy whores and murderers! And they should have control over their own reproductive choices and have access to free birth control and abortions without fear of judgment!!

How's that?

There's probably a dozen or so who bop in and out of the Abortion Forum who will immediately agree you're first sentence. I don't have any statistics that indicates how many folks nationwide agrees with your first sentence, but I'm guessing that it's a lot more than can fit inside of clown car.

As for your last sentence - those same people who agrees first sentence will immediate disagree, and not just a little bit. And I'm assuming that whatever statistics that indicates those numbers of folk that apply to the first sentence, is probably fairly equal to those who disagree with your second sentence.

Anybody else who approbates your last sentence is just appealing to authority - according to those mentioned in my previous two sentences.

How's that?

Women are ... murderers!
INACCURATE. After all, it is usually doctors who commit abortion, not the women getting the operation done. In your diatribe, the women should be called "accessories to murder", or "accomplices". But they aren't actually doing the murdering.

AND WRONG, ANYWAY, since abortion is not actually "murder". Murder involves killing a person. No unborn human qualifies as a person, and therefore killing one cannot be murder. If you wish to claim an unborn human qualifies as a person and not just-another mere-animal entity, let's see your Objectively Verifiable evidence (not subjective stuff like the hear-say and say-so of dictionary definitions)!

INACCURATE. After all, it is usually doctors who commit abortion, not the women getting the operation done. In your diatribe, the women should be called "accessories to murder", or "accomplices". But they aren't actually doing the murdering.

AND WRONG, ANYWAY, since abortion is not actually "murder". Murder involves killing a person. No unborn human qualifies as a person, and therefore killing one cannot be murder. If you wish to claim an unborn human qualifies as a person and not just-another mere-animal entity, let's see your Objectively Verifiable evidence (not subjective stuff like the hear-say and say-so of dictionary definitions)!

He was joking, FI...it was a pun spun from a claim that a lot of pro-life advocates make.

minnie616 said:

Cricket's in this thread Minnie. No surprise. Pardon my French, or maybe my Texan, but my "What's The Motive" thread died faster than sperm in a condom. This thread will most likely do the same for the obvious reasons.

Because they're not about anything meaningful?

This one is literally you just asking people to post random **** that isn't on-topic for this subforum.

Many people are not aware that fetal abnormalities especially abnormalities of the brain do not show up 20 weeks gestation.
That only leaves a few weeks before viability for the doctor to further testing and the woman to decide if she wishes to continue
Pregnancy with input from the doctor and her spouse/lover/ clergy( if she chooses ) or not.

Once viability is reached states can ban abortions for fetal abnormalities.

From the following.

South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (R) signed legislation that outlaws most abortions in the state at 20 weeks after fertilization [“Legislation outlaws abortions at 20 weeks,” Digest, May 26]. Is she aware that a fetal ultrasound that can detect brain abnormalities is done at 20 weeks? Is she aware that the Zika virus is a threat to the United States?

Only 1 in 5 infected people develops symptoms of Zika, but as many as 13 percent of women infected during their first trimester will have a fetus with severe brain defects.

Zika virus: What are the chances I'll get it? - CNN.com

Yeah, I guess she just needs to be more aware of how cruelly eugenicist some people are.

Oh wait, she is. Hence the concern.

Another interesting fact is that over 60 percent of abortion in the US are under 8 weeks gestation when means under 6 weeks from the first day of the woman's last period.

The earlier an abortion the safer for the woman.

The day the human egg is fertilized is considered 2 weeks gestation because to make due dates easier for doctors to calculate they use the standard of 40 weeks gestation is full term.
Doctors count 40 weeks forward from the first day of the woman's last period.

So in order to give all pregnancies some standard timing, most practitioners use the first day of your last menstrual period as the starting line of your 40-week pregnancy. Still confused? Think of it as a head start — you're clocking in roughly two weeks of pregnancy before you even conceive!

1 and 2 Weeks Pregnant - Week by Week Pregnancy Calendar | What to Expect

Back
Top Bottom