• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Anti-Cop President

LowDown

Curmudgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Myron Magnet in City Journal:

It seemed to me that Obama had a unique opportunity to speak about values and virtues to this minority of African Americans—to tell them that his own life exemplified how in twenty-first century America you could get an education, work hard, get married, be an attentive husband and father, and maybe even become president of the United States. How disappointing that he chose the other tack, stoking grievance and resentment over supposed victimization by all authority, whether from teachers, cops, or potential employers....

He justifies, even fans, the resentments that lead black men to kill cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge. He basically blames the police for their own deaths. His statements on this issue are among the most irresponsible and incendiary presidential utterances in our national history.

He justifies, even fans, the resentments that lead black men to kill cops in Dallas and Baton Rouge. He basically blames the police for their own deaths. His statements on this issue are among the most irresponsible and incendiary presidential utterances in our national history.

All by careful design carrying the water for the future of the Democratic Party.

A shame, isn't it?

.... "fighting for children, families and our country". The "Mothers" invited to participate are the mothers of black people who are dead at the hands of police (except the one who died at the hands of a white man which brought about a controversial discussion about the FL stand your ground laws and a girl who was shot by a gang member at Obama's inauguration party).

The DNC is carrying the Liberal divisive agenda full speed ahead! Be ashamed to be white or a racist cop with your white privilege! The only way to have equality in the liberal multi-cultural Nanny State utopia is to beat down the oppressive white institution of systematic racism.

The police officer today has been smeared with a very broad brush by our leaders. The first thing we heard from the Dallas assassination
of 5 police officers is that the shooter did not represent BLM group. Ok... but when one police officer does something wrong
then right way they all are..........

The whole narrative that police officer are the biggest threat to black males is just flat out a bold lie.
"Hands Up" Don't Shoot" NEVER happened. Police today are in extreme danger. What is leadership doing to stop this?

The police officer today has been smeared with a very broad brush by our leaders. The first thing we heard from the Dallas assassination
of 5 police officers is that the shooter did not represent BLM group. Ok... but when one police officer does something wrong
then right way they all are..........

The whole narrative that police officer are the biggest threat to black males is just flat out a bold lie.
"Hands Up" Don't Shoot" NEVER happened. Police today are in extreme danger. What is leadership doing to stop this?
Has there been any evidence that he was associated directly with BLM? I know he opened fire at the rally, but I don't remember him having ties to the movement. Obama has supported both sides of this issue. Acknowledging that there is a problem between blacks and the police in different areas throughout America isn't anti cop or anti black.

Has there been any evidence that he was associated directly with BLM? I know he opened fire at the rally, but I don't remember him having ties to the movement. Obama has supported both sides of this issue. Acknowledging that there is a problem between blacks and the police in different areas throughout America isn't anti cop or anti black.

One does not have to have ties or be associated with BLM to be enraged by it's rhetoric.

Obama has never supported law enforcement.

"Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter leaders have denounced the bloodshed in Dallas. In a post shortly after the massacre, the organization said in a post that “lack activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it.”

“Yesterday’s attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible,” said the post."

Black Lives Matter slammed by backlash after Dallas shooting - Washington Times

The point I was trying to make is that when one police officer does something wrong there is a broad brush used to smear every police officer.

All by careful design carrying the water for the future of the Democratic Party.

A shame, isn't it?

You're both full of ****. Jesus Christ do you even listen to a word the man says, or just let bloggers filter it into that bull**** smoothie you guzzle all goddamned day?

One does not have to have ties or be associated with BLM to be enraged by it's rhetoric.
That applies to everything. It is hard not to acknowledge that BLM uses divisive rhetoric, but I don't think that acknowledging that they have a few important points should be met with labels like anti-cop. Claiming things like Obama blames police for their own deaths and hates America isn't less divisive than BLM.

"Meanwhile, Black Lives Matter leaders have denounced the bloodshed in Dallas. In a post shortly after the massacre, the organization said in a post that “lack activists have raised the call for an end to violence, not an escalation of it.”

“Yesterday’s attack was the result of the actions of a lone gunman. To assign the actions of one person to an entire movement is dangerous and irresponsible,” said the post."

The point I was trying to make is that when one police officer does something wrong there is a broad brush used to smear every police officer.
I understand your point, but there is an obvious difference between a gunman that may have been inspired by BLM, and a cop that is actively part of the police force. Every cop represents police in general to some degree. Part of their job is to insure that the public trusts them. If there are members of the force that cannot uphold their duties they shouldn't be there.

That applies to everything. It is hard not to acknowledge that BLM uses divisive rhetoric, but I don't think that acknowledging that they have a few important points should be met with labels like anti-cop. Claiming things like Obama blames police for their own deaths and hates America isn't less divisive than BLM.

the truth is never divisive.

run don run

Well, they are anti-cop but I agree it is hyperbole to say Obama blames the cops for their own deaths. As for hating America, I think he hates the constitution.

BO's set his policy on law enforcement when he declared, "The police acted stupidly." He made this irresponsible comment before he had all the facts. And then BO began to set a pattern of anti-police rhetoric. Look, he's a leftist. Leftist hate law enforcement, they always have. Oh, he'll throw down some praises on occasion but he's a liar as well and he'll blow smoke up his fellow leftists butt now and again and they all eat it up hook line and sinker.

They can't have it both ways.

If it is a movement and not an organization, then there are no leaders to speak on their behalf to denounce anything.

They can't turn around and say that the shooter was not part of the organization if there actually is not one to be a part of.

President Obama staked out a position well before he became president. Twenty years in Rev. Wright's church was intended to make a statement and now he and his minions want to deny it. The first racist incident I remember for Barack Obama was president was the Cambridge fiasco with Grey and Crowley. He went straight to television, said he didn't know what happened so he couldn't say how racism played a part but the officer was wrong. Then we had his presumptive son, Trayvon Martin, and the nonsense of the poor innocent gentle giant in Ferguson. The riots in Ferguson was when President Obama said, "Stay the course," but, of course, he didn't mean the rioting, looting and burning.

Now, his apologists want to pretend he has supported both the police and the criminals. Nonsense. President Obama doesn't hate BLM like he hates America.

President Obama staked out a position well before he became president. Twenty years in Rev. Wright's church was intended to make a statement and now he and his minions want to deny it. The first racist incident I remember for Barack Obama was president was the Cambridge fiasco with Grey and Crowley. He went straight to television, said he didn't know what happened so he couldn't say how racism played a part but the officer was wrong. Then we had his presumptive son, Trayvon Martin, and the nonsense of the poor innocent gentle giant in Ferguson. The riots in Ferguson was when President Obama said, "Stay the course," but, of course, he didn't mean the rioting, looting and burning.

Now, his apologists want to pretend he has supported both the police and the criminals. Nonsense. President Obama doesn't hate BLM like he hates America.

Again Patrick, the professors name is Gates.

You're both full of ****. Jesus Christ do you even listen to a word the man says, or just let bloggers filter it into that bull**** smoothie you guzzle all goddamned day?

Do you have anything specific to say? You're going to tell us that Obama hasn't been pandering to BLM and repeating their false narratives?

You're going to tell us that Obama hasn't been pandering to BLM and repeating their false narratives?

I think the left hasn't gotten the talking points just yet. :)

this is one of the most ridiculous threads ever on these forums. the nurses must be on break

Do you have anything specific to say? You're going to tell us that Obama hasn't been pandering to BLM and repeating their false narratives?

You're going to tell us that he hasn't repeatedly condemned violence against law enforcement officers?

You're going to tell us that he hasn't repeatedly condemned violence against law enforcement officers?

Oh, yes, he has. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, in fact. It seems to be a pattern: gin up rhetoric until people become violent, then call for peace and brotherhood. We're being whipsawed.

this is one of the most ridiculous threads ever on these forums. the nurses must be on break

Tell us what it is, specifically, that you think is wrong or inaccurate about this discussion. If you can.

Oh, yes, he has. Talking out of both sides of his mouth, in fact. It seems to be a pattern: gin up rhetoric until people become violent, then call for peace and brotherhood. We're being whipsawed.

Funny that you only listen to the side that fits your narrative.

Back
Top Bottom